Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

11 hours ago, Aftrunner said:

I had tickets for Black Panther today. Overslept and missed it. :wallbash:

lol funny how pretty much the same thing happened to me with Shape of Water over the weekend. 300rs down the drain :\

Anyway, watched Black Panther. Don't really have much to say other than that I thought it was pretty ordinary and forgettable. Meh.

Watched The Ritual on Netflix and loved every bit of it. Well, except maybe the climax, which was kind of a let down for me.

Still, the movie was pretty f**king great up until that point and it actually reminded me of The Witch at times with its air of mystery and quietly unsettling atmosphere.

It also has some beautifully shot locales and some very excellent sound design (gotta love it when a movie knows how to create tension with sound effects alone).

I'd say it's definitely worth watching.

• Like 1

On 2/25/2018 at 4:05 AM, STICK3Rboy said:

Watched The Ritual on Netflix and loved every bit of it. Well, except maybe the climax, which was kind of a let down for me.

Still, the movie was pretty f**king great up until that point and it actually reminded me of The Witch at times with its air of mystery and quietly unsettling atmosphere.

It also has some beautifully shot locales and some very excellent sound design (gotta love it when a movie knows how to create tension with sound effects alone).

I'd say it's definitely worth watching.

Yup, loved it. And I liked the ending, usually these kind of movies have this kind of ending. A pretty gripping movie from beginning to the end.

12 hours ago, dante77 said:

Yup, loved it. And I liked the ending, usually these kind of movies have this kind of ending. A pretty gripping movie from beginning to the end.

I thought the climax was a bit....tame. Was kinda expecting something more eventful. It's probably just me though.

-----

I thought the climax was a bit....tame. Was kinda expecting something more eventful. It's probably just me though.

-----

These kind of movies put more emphasis on survival and horror elements and the building the environment is their main focus. I think its only fair to not expect something great in the climax.

I thought all that great build-up would lead up to something that would be gloriously cathartic, which I felt wasn't the case.

Still, I didn't think the climax was bad or anything and I definitely didn't feel it took away from the movie as a whole. It was just a case of me, as a viewer, expecting something quite different from what the writers were going for. Happens.