Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

Finally got to watch "Ring 0 Birthday". this movie rocks. now i know why the girl loves the well so much. anybody else watched this movie? japanese horror rocks. the hollywood remake of "Ringu" and "Ring 2" are a complete letdown when compared to the original japanese version.

Anyone seen the movie "Rasen"? its supposed to explain the events which happened between the japanese "Ringu" and "Ringu tw0".

Edited by d0nk3y.k0ng

CONFIRMED : Christian Bale to star in Terminator 4

From Hollywood Reporter

Bale nails 'Terminator' tale

By Borys Kit

Dec 2, 2007

Christian Bale is in negotiations to star in "Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins," the fourth installment of the hit science fiction series. McG is in negotiations to direct the movie, which is being made by the Halcyon Co. and will be distributed by Warner Bros.

The series, which originated from filmmaker James Cameron and made Arnold Schwarzenegger a star, centered on a robot from the future where machines wage war against humanity, whose goal was to kill Sarah Connor, the mother of the future leader of the human resistance. As the movies progressed, the son, played by Edward Furlong in "Terminator 2: Judgment Day" and Nick Stahl in "Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines," took a more prominent role.

"T4's" story, by David Campbell Wilson, John Brancato and Michael Ferris, focuses on John Connor (Bale), now in his 30s, as he leads what is left of the human race against the machines.

The role of Marcus, a Terminator robot model that predates the robot killer originally played by Schwarzenegger, has yet to be cast.

Halcyon's Victor Kubicek and Derek Anderson are producing with Moritz Borman.

Bale, repped by Endeavor, is currently filming Warner's "Batman Begins" sequel, "The Dark Knight." McG, repped by Endeavor and Management 360, directed the football drama "We Are Marshall" for Warners and the "Charlie's Angels" movies for Columbia.

Yippeee !! I'm so happy :P

--MT

Just got back from the Hitman flick. Pretty decent game to movie adaptation and I liked all the Easter Eggs crammed in. All those who thought Timothy Olyphant wasn't fit to play the role should check this flick out. That man is fkin bad a*s.

Just got back from the Hitman flick. Pretty decent game to movie adaptation and I liked all the Easter Eggs crammed in. All those who thought Timothy Olyphant wasn't fit to play the role should check this flick out. That man is fkin bad a*s.

ah, that makes things a lot more interesting, will watch it after the friggin exams get over

First Reviews Call 'Sweeney Todd' Best Film of 2007

From Cinematical

Several people who have attended the first critic's screenings of Sweeney Todd -- a.k.a., not me -- are declaring themselves totally wowed, although they're all bending over backwards to respect an embargo. Jeff Wells at Hollywood-Elsewhere was so impressed by the film that he declared Tim Burton's decade-long decline to be now officially reversed. He also speculated that Sweeney Todd may be Burton's best film since 1988's Beetlejuice -- high praise, indeed. Wells even goes a little overboard, stating that "at times it melted me like a candle. I was lifted, moved. I was never not aroused." Okay, we get it Jeff -- the movie better live up to that embarrassing hyperbole.

Tom O'Neil at The Envelope starts his review thusly -- "'Sweeney Todd' is the best pic of 2007" -- pretty straightforward, no? "Everybody whose opinion I pooled after the screening tonight said they thought the movie and Johnny Depp were brilliant," he goes on to say. But like Wells, he thinks the film may see its Best Picture hopes held up by a childishly heavy focus on gore. There are apparently rivers of blood in this film, to the point that even some who enjoyed the film tremendously claimed to be turned off by that aspect.

David Poland joins the chorus of cheers, predicting that Depp will win the Best Actor award for his performance as the demon barber and saying that the film demands multiple viewings just to take it all in. Okay, you've twisted my arm -- I'll go see it.

:P Burton is Back !!

wasted 90mins of my life watching 'the ten' :wallbash:

V

Come on. It's not THAT bad.

The Ten comprises of ten shorts based on the 10 commandments which range from laugh out loud funny to forced chuckle.

I think atleast 5 of the shorts are well made. :)

beowulf_poster.jpg

And guys.. DO watch Beowulf, you must !

It's a grand display of how far we've advanced in the world of animation - the textures and lighting effects are unparalleled.

Full marks for brilliant voice acting and angelina jolie nudity.

And the icing - I was expecting a watered down script targetting the tomb raider demographic, but this was a pleasant surprise.

Two thumbs up. :majesty:

wasted 90mins of my life watching 'the ten' :thumbsup:

V

Come on. It's not THAT bad.

The Ten comprises of ten shorts based on the 10 commandments which range from laugh out loud funny to forced chuckle.

I think atleast 5 of the shorts are well made. :dance:

beowulf_poster.jpg

Full marks for brilliant voice acting and angelina jolie nudity.

:thumbdown:

speaking of AJ nudity, I watched one boring movie 'Original sin' only for that....in the end,

totally worth it

Edited by ..Ne0..