Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

Both of those friends are saying it's worth it. They really liked it, but I don't think they saw the regular 3D version :)

Edit: By the way dude, you should really watch it. It's AWESOME!!! :D

Check this out....

http://www.imdb.com/boxoffice/alltimegross

Edited by Kazekage Gaara

Both of those friends are saying it's worth it. They really liked it, but I don't think they saw the regular 3D version :D

Edit: By the way dude, you should really watch it. It's AWESOME!!! :D

Check this out....

http://www.imdb.com/boxoffice/alltimegross

I know bro...i even forced my aunty's family to go and watch this movie and they loved it... :)

The seating in imax is done with dome projection in mind, but they show you this movies on flat curtain, so try getting a seat as much away from front as possible. The front row is practically under the curtain.

And yeah, its totally worth it (not the movie, the effects and spectacle)

Just saw it myself last week. And I really want to watch it again. Words won't suffice to describe how awesome the movie is. I am GLAD I saw it in theater. The world of Pandora is one of the most beautiful pieces of art I have seen, I am sure the experience wouldn't be half as fun on small LCD as on the big screen.

Just saw it myself last week. And I really want to watch it again. Words won't suffice to describe how awesome the movie is. I am GLAD I saw it in theater. The world of Pandora is one of the most beautiful pieces of art I have seen, I am sure the experience wouldn't be half as fun on small LCD as on the big screen.

You saw it in Imax 3D or regular 3D ?

And yeah...the movie is REALLY GOOD :)

I still don't get how any gamer would hate District 9.

Even if you aren't too fond of the faux-documentary style, there's still a F**KING MECH KICKING THE CRAP OUT OF PEOPLE!

cough *over-rated* cough

I still don't get how any gamer would hate District 9.

Even if you aren't too fond of the faux-documentary style, there's still a F**KING MECH KICKING THE CRAP OUT OF PEOPLE!

not every gamer has to like mech :dance:

i loved the movie but for reasons other than the robo suit, hell i did not even squeal like a girl on that scene as opposed to the standard protocol set by the internet gamers/moviegoers :P

Edited by Nemo

not every gamer has to like mech :P

It's just not the mech. The whole premise of the movie feels like a video game (even though it may not have been shot that way). The aliens, the weapons, the rescue mission, the hero being able to do something others couldn't etc was right out of an FPS. The mech showdown was icing on the cake. And you can't miss the obvious nods to stuff like the HL2 gravity gun, people getting "gibbed" or the Halo sniper rifle.

hell i did not even squeal like a girl on that scene as opposed to the standard protocol set by the internet gamers/moviegoers

Yeah that's reserved for a shirtless Christian Bale, isn't it? :dance:

j/k!

Edited by Tyler

Avatar 3d was not very different from the 2d version,and the 3d effects didnt really stand out,especially when you compare it to stuff like final destination 4,(the car blowing scene!). didnt like the movie too much,one of the few people who tought it was way too predictable,and the jungle reminded me of crysis :P.