Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

Just watched the "Fresh Water" chapter on the Planet Earth HD-DVD.

:P

This is hands down, my best ever HD video purchase. The visual quality is unparalleled in the annals of nature documentaries and the audio quality will simply blow you away if you have a good HT setup.

^^i'm in love with planet earth too.i bearly listen to any of the info attenborough gives, the images are enough to keep me dreaming for days.

my fav:caves, fresh water and mountains.i dont know about how involved attenborough is in the filming process, but if he is this is his masterpiece, not that sh*t he did with gandhi and Cry..

SHEET. WHY OH WHY.

Know why theres a part 2? The lame a*s AMERICAN edit of The Descent had the

lead female survive

. Seems the test audience liked the cop-out ending rather than the original darker version. Theres even a feature on it on the special edition dvd where Marshall explains both endings and tells you why he changed it for the States.

Notice something else? NO NEIL MARSHALL. The new guy did edit Layer Cake, Snatch and The Descent among others though.

This has no earthly reason to even exist.

NO ONE SURVIVED!

Thats how Marshall wanted it. Stupid Suits at Pathe.

Edited by keyofx

'The De2cent '

That's what they're calling it now. I'd hit it.

And I suppose you'd hit S. Darko as well eh mr. smarty pants?

Sequels can't get any more redundant than that.

And I suppose you'd hit S. Darko as well eh mr. smarty pants?

Sequels can't get any more redundant than that.

Agreed. It's a pointless exercise but it's sure to have a lot of unintended humor.

Hey, I enjoyed Flight of the Living Dead: Outbreak on a Plane. I can comfortably stomach the De2cent.

Edited by arun360

You don't have to say it like THEY want you to say it. Descent 2 will do just fine. Fight the MAN! LOL.

Yea, I've put myself through Plane Dead. I like how they left the ending open. Vegas was it?

Saw this today. You might want to check it out, fellow genre flick connoisseur.

Edited by keyofx

Just watched The Incredible Hulk.

Awesome flick !!

And for superhero fans, I suggest you watch Iron Man before you watch Hulk. Nice surprise in thee for y'all, although its already been revealed earlier in this thread.

^^ Better than the Ang Lee Hulk?

/twitches eyebrow

Much better. While Ang Lee's scriptwriter tried to psycho-babble-lize the Banner/HULK character, this one delivers a straight up comic book translation...

Me Likes.

just saw forbidden kingdom... found it too silly... wud rate it 3/10

:eyebrow2: - c'mon - at least 5/10. A 3 score borders towards bad. The movie lost out in trying to combine Jet Li epic style movie with Jackie Chan irreverence.

Ok - saw the following movies over a 24 hr period (it's hard to sleep on flights). My reviews may be a bit tilted because of lack of sleep and cramped seat and absence of good whiskey.

Jumper - decent. Complete set up for sequel. Actually best of the lot I watched. 6/10

Spiderwick Chronicles - not bad. But could have done so so much better. Just look to Narnia for inspiration. And Nick Nolte is a complete and utter waste. 5/10

The Bucket List - Jack is getting old and set in his acting ways. So is Morgan Freeman. Same stuff from previous movies. It's only Jack's speech towards the end which shows how good an actor he is. Otherwise complete mush.

Definitely, Maybe - Ryan Reynolds is wasted here. And it's a shame that there's so little of Rachel Weisz. Complete chick flick (it was release on V day) - and absolutely no story, no sense.

27 Dresses - less said the better.

Horton hears a Who - I really wanted to enjoy this movie, really did. It's Dr Seuss - what's not to like. But just could not. The Seuss lines are fine, but the rest is totally insipid writing. Jim Carrey is actually good.

Time to go back and watch the crappiest in American television.