Movie Discussion Thread

HundredProofSam

It's official: Elijah Wood is starring in 'The Hobbit'

Melbourne, Jan 10 (ANI): Elijah Wood will revisit his role as Frodo in the upcoming big screen version of 'The Hobbit' despite his character not featuring in the book by J.R.R. Tolkien.

Wood has been cast in the two-part Peter Jackson-helmed film, which is a prequel to 'The Lord of The Rings' trilogy, reports the Herald Sun.

Frodo is expected to open the movie, possibly reading a book about Bilbo's adventures, on which the story is based.

Jackson has signed Martin Freeman to play Bilbo Baggins, and Cate Blanchett and Orlando Bloom to reprise their roles as the elves Galadriel and Legolas. (ANI)

source

:wOOtjumpy:

I cant wait for the hoobit ...loved the lotr series and peter jackson ka toh jawab nahi. :majesty:

Thanx...though i still might see it cuz of John Hurt....Btw MGM makes some shitty movies...so when i saw this was a MGM production..that was a heads up for me...

Anyways is there any concrete movie for Crime and Punishment???I searched on imdb there werent many..

No clue about that. Wiki says there have been 25 adaptations, both films and TV series. A straight adaptation would be difficult to film though, there may be influences here and there.

BTW if you are into Russian authors/directors you can check out some Tarkovsky's stuff (Stalker seems to be the most popular and known among gamers). There are other good ones: Alexander Nevsky, Ballad of a Soldier, Station for Two etc etc.

Also, the Swedish movie Lilya 4-ever. It's about a girl from former Soviet Union. A must watch if you are a Brutalist Architecture geek.

MCk53.jpg

It could a big...big lie.....

OR MAYBE

Life found a way.

alan-grant.jpg

now those are desirable women, over that ghei twilight chick..

@ rockstar. 1984 the movie is average, still go for a watch if you liked the book, which is freaking awesome. go for "animal farm" too, same author and personally i liked it better than 1984.

oh and btw, russian authors o/

i havent gone into the recent ones, but love the classics; tolstoy, etc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

saw trailer for tanu weds manu, looks nice. I must say i am really pleased with the recent trend of film makers basing movies on the north indian (delhi-up) society/landscape; good movies at that. We have had too many punjab and mumbai movies.

Edited by Nemo

watched "Gridiron Gang"... somehow dis movie of Dwayne Johnson passed under da radar unnoticed :scratchchin: ... another american football flick... nothing new story wise... but u never get tired of watching dis kinda motivating movies, now do ya :dwarf: ...