What you bought this week

HundredProofSam

11 hours ago, Playstationdude said:

Lol to be fair, even this was overpriced compared to the original price. :P

Anyway , enjoy :cheers:

What was the price?

1 hour ago, Joe Cool said:

Do they unlock in-game item or something? Don't they usually come with a figurine? 

How much does original one cost?  

Oh, and, congrats. OE2AOQN.png

Nintendo sells DLCs in the way of amiibos which are the figurines. You tap the figurines on your console and it communicates via NFC to tell the console to activate the related in-game item or quest or whatever the DLC it relates to. Of course people discovered that it uses a specific NFC chip inside (NTAG215) and then managed to make programs to dump amiibo data onto these cards so you can basically get the content from amiibo (which retail from $13-$20 but go for higher due to scalping, low supply and of course import fee/shipping) for the cost of an NFC card (usually less than a dollar when bought in bulk)

• Like 3

Thanks. Thought that kind of stuff was dying or just Disney did wrong with Infinity games. 

$13-20 is expensive for a small in-game item. Up to $360 for the complete pack. Crazy. No wonder people started making their own or buy from the Chinese market. 

14 hours ago, blitzkreiig said:

Well just unlocking in game items isn't piracy... I don't need the toy, especially not when it's 20$. 

I've made a bunch of cards at home too, takes like 5 secs. 

I know Nintendo forces your hand but it is piracy.

I have been collecting amiibos for a while(have every single amiibo released so far) and they are super cute. The piracy debate has been there since day 1, some fans refuse to accept that it is piracy but Nintendo's stance on it has been very clear.

I dont really care about fans using nfc cards as Nintendo was very bad in meeting the consumers demand for the amiibos. Scalpers abused the amiibo market and some of the uncommon ones are sold upto 3 times the retail price. Rare ones like Gold Mario, Silver Mario(not rare anymore), OoT Link, Toon Link, Sheik are sold upto 6 times the retail price. 

Edited by Keano

5 hours ago, Keano said:

I have been collecting amiibos for a while(have every single amiibo released so far) and they are super cute. The piracy debate has been there since day 1, some fans refuse to accept that it is piracy but Nintendo's stance on it has been very clear.

I dont really care about fans using nfc cards as Nintendo was very bad in meeting the consumers demand for the amiibos. Scalpers abused the amiibo market and some of the uncommon ones are sold upto 3 times the retail price. Rare ones like Gold Mario, Silver Mario(not rare anymore), OoT Link, Toon Link, Sheik are sold upto 6 times the retail price. 

You need help first of all

1 hour ago, Rashmeet said:

You need help first of all

:P Bestbuy's GCU membership helped me a lot, offers 20% off on all amiibos and also offers great price drops on the common ones.