What you bought this week

HundredProofSam

1 hour ago, GunnerY2J said:

Yes, no need to worry, amazon always sorts it out.

At worst, you ll get a full refund.

And at best, you ll get a refund plus get to keep the dual shock 3 which if original is gold.

Not always true. A colleague of mine ordered a watch. He got a different model than the one he ordered (a female watch that was like 5k more expensive). And they just wouldnt take it back. 

After 2-3 weeks of bashing his head against the wall, he took it to social media (and hilariously send Jeff Bezos an email). Got a response finally after that and they took it back. 

Their customer service has really gone down. 

2 hours ago, Aftrunner said:

and hilariously send Jeff Bezos an email

Not really hilarious.This works. I had an issue few years ago for a laptop that was stuck in customs and didn't get delivered. Amazon cc and social media team stopped responding to me and around 1.7 lakh rs of mine were in limbo. It came to such a state that they blocked my account from being able to contact customer care over chat and from my registered phone. After 2-3 months of harassement, I sent an email to bezos and refund was approved in 2 days, all restrictions were lifted.

49 minutes ago, Shantz said:

Not really hilarious.This works. I had an issue few years ago for a laptop that was stuck in customs and didn't get delivered. Amazon cc and social media team stopped responding to me and around 1.7 lakh rs of mine were in limbo. It came to such a state that they blocked my account from being able to contact customer care over chat and from my registered phone. After 2-3 months of harassement, I sent an email to bezos and refund was approved in 2 days, all restrictions were lifted.

Wow. LOL thats something to try in case things ever go wrong. 

11 hours ago, Aftrunner said:

Not always true. A colleague of mine ordered a watch. He got a different model than the one he ordered (a female watch that was like 5k more expensive). And they just wouldnt take it back. 

After 2-3 weeks of bashing his head against the wall, he took it to social media (and hilariously send Jeff Bezos an email). Got a response finally after that and they took it back. 

Their customer service has really gone down. 

It works. 

Had an issue some 2-3 years back when a high value item was marked as delivered, but not delivered. 

Called the CC, usual discussions, they will look into it etc. 3 days passed by without any resolution. Just out of frustration sent an email to Jeff, and behold, a next day from the escalations team, and refund within 2 days. 

Their Tier 1 have gone to sh*t, not as sh*t as Flipkart though. I always try to get the escalations team involved. They are bang on for solving all your issues. 

On 1/22/2020 at 8:56 PM, Black_Hawk said:

What a dampener this is...

Ordered this on the 18th of January' 2020:

Dualshock 4 Wireless Controller for Playstation 4 - Black V2

And received this instead (on the 20th, Prime):

20200120-140807.jpg

The seal was just a piece of cello-tape pasted on the box:

716d3c22-4163-42ae-aab8-651ae394bcb0.jpg

This box came inside a usual brown cardboard box that Amazon uses (undamaged).

Seller was Cloudtail. There was no computer generated bill inside the cardboard box as well. Sigh. :cry:

I immediately contacted Amazon India CC. They transferred my call to their Investigation department. Now they have given me till the 26th to sort this issue out. I got a call today from my local Delivery Hub and also explained the problem to them over the phone (that I received a PS3 controller in a PS4 Controller box!!). Contacted Amazon and let them know that I received a call from the local Delivery Hub. I have been asked to call Amazon again tomorrow evening. Final resolution according to them will be either a Replacement or a Full Refund (I paid Rs.3299/-).

Update:

Yesterday I was asked by Amazon's Investigation Team to call them at 5PM today. Called in this evening. The first agent from the Investigation Team was actually useless and she told me that the Investigation only started yesterday in spite of me telling her that it started on Monday and I had an email which asked me to call in for a resolution today. She kept stalling me so I disconnected and called Amazon again. This time thankfully got connected to a much more helpful agent. She instantly told me that a decision has been arrived and it's REFUND. I said ok but I asked her if there was a REPLACEMENT option available? She said yes and that's what I opted for.

This is the email I received from them post the conversation:

Capture.jpg

They mentioned that the Delivery Agent will pick up the old, incorrect controller and hand me the correct controller. Hoping this time the correct controller comes my way and this mess gets sorted out.

Edited by Black_Hawk

40 minutes ago, GunnerY2J said:

@Black_Hawkfor the refund option, they were not asking for the controller back ?

Now that I think about it... no, the lady didn't ask for the controller back in case of the Refund option! She was ready to transfer the 3.3k to my Amazon Pay Balance/ Bank Account.

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, Black_Hawk said:

Update:

Yesterday I was asked by Amazon's Investigation Team to call them at 5PM today. Called in this evening. The first agent from the Investigation Team was actually useless and she told me that the Investigation only started yesterday in spite of me telling her that it started on Monday and I had an email which asked me to call in for a resolution today. She kept stalling me so I disconnected and called Amazon again. This time thankfully got connected to a much more helpful agent. She instantly told me that a decision has been arrived and it's REFUND. I said ok but I asked her if there was a REPLACEMENT option available? She said yes and that's what I opted for.

This is the email I received from them post the conversation:

Capture.jpg

They mentioned that the Delivery Agent will pick up the old, incorrect controller and hand me the correct controller. Hoping this time the correct controller comes my way and this mess gets sorted out.

I too faced an issue with COD MW on amazon recently.

I always loved amazon delivery and refund system. No hassles till date. But for COD MW i received an imported different version disc and when i tried to return, it showed that item is not eligible for return even though it was Prime guaranteed.

The customer care was polite but super useless and pathetic. Long story short i went through dozens and dozens of calls, explanations and authentiations and finally reached the escalation team and got a refund. Although i wasted a lot of time, energy & patience on it and some money aswell.

So never gonna order any gaming stuff from amazon or similar retailers. Best to buy locally or through exclusive online game retailers. Might not get discounts, but i prefer peace of mind. 

Cheers.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Sackboy said:

I absolutely love the setup :wub:

More pics: https://imgur.com/a/D13TnZI

Specs:

PC

• Ryzen 7 2700x
  • EVGA RTX 2080 XC Black
  • MSI B450m Gaming Plus
  • XPG Gammix D10 16 GB @ 3066 Mhz
  • Corsair CX650m
  • Antec Kuhler H2O K240
  • Cooler Master Q300L
  • Antec Spark RGB x3
  • Micron 2 TB SSD
  • HP EX900 NVMe

Peripherals

• LG 32GK650f
  • BenQ GW2470
  • Logitech G710
  • Steelseries Rival 300
  • Exco 1 meter mousepad

Sound

• Edifier R1080BT
  • ZMF Vibro
  • Hifiman HE-400i (With no headband and Brainwavz hybrid pads)
  • Brainwavz HM5
  • Schiit Fulla 2
  • Topping A30 with LME49720 opamps
  • Some cheap chinese mic set with phantom power
  • Also included - PS4 Pro + 2 controllers

Your Dog looks adorable. 

On 1/22/2020 at 8:56 PM, Black_Hawk said:

What a dampener this is...

Ordered this on the 18th of January' 2020:

Dualshock 4 Wireless Controller for Playstation 4 - Black V2

And received this instead (on the 20th, Prime):

20200120-140807.jpg

The seal was just a piece of cello-tape pasted on the box:

716d3c22-4163-42ae-aab8-651ae394bcb0.jpg

This box came inside a usual brown cardboard box that Amazon uses (undamaged).

Seller was Cloudtail. There was no computer generated bill inside the cardboard box as well. Sigh. :cry:

I immediately contacted Amazon India CC. They transferred my call to their Investigation department. Now they have given me till the 26th to sort this issue out. I got a call today from my local Delivery Hub and also explained the problem to them over the phone (that I received a PS3 controller in a PS4 Controller box!!). Contacted Amazon and let them know that I received a call from the local Delivery Hub. I have been asked to call Amazon again tomorrow evening. Final resolution according to them will be either a Replacement or a Full Refund (I paid Rs.3299/-).

Final Update:

Finally after the Replacement was issued the controller was shipped yesterday (25/01//2020). Received it today afternoon and this time it's the correct PS4 controller inside the box. Proper sealed box. (I made a video of the un-boxing just in case!) The Amazon delivery guy took the previous incorrect controller and handed me this one (came in Amazon's usual brown cardboard box):

20200125-163359.jpg

20200125-163330.jpg

I'm happy now that this thing got sorted out in the end and Amazon's Investigation Team did me good. :)

Edited by Black_Hawk
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Mizanurification said:

^ Did u have to give proof of the previous unboxing?

Nope, they didn't ask for any proof. They conducted their own internal investigation and gave me a Full Refund or Replacement choice after 3 days. I did however got a call from my Local Delivery Hub on the 2nd day and was asked what the problem was and I told them what had happened. The very next day Amazon reached the resolution.

A few things that I got...

VU 32" (32GA):

20200122-183432.jpg

20200122-185137-HDR.jpg

This is actually a gift for an older lady I know. Making the start of the year a little brighter for her.

Seiko Presage Blue Moon Cocktail Time (SRPB41J1):

DSCF7702.jpg

DSCF7727.jpg

SUCA Audio 6K4 Tube NE5532 Headphone Amplifier:

DSCF7741.jpg

Edifier S1000DB:

IMG-0594.jpg

IMG-0591.jpg

For a simple stereo listening setup. The speakers are connected to an Asus Xonar DX (SPDIF Out). I play my files through JRiver MC.

Edifier R1700BT:

20200116-233905.jpg

Connected to my primary gaming rig.

Paladone Playstation Icons LED:

20200124-165501.jpg

20200124-165421.jpg

20200124-233333.jpg

Yes, all the icons light up. I have it set to the fade in-out mode in the photograph.

Cheers folks! :)

• Like 7