The Nintendo 3DS thread

102 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Nintendo also provided a final list of what's included when you buy the system. You'll find the following items in the box:

* Nintendo 3DS system

* Nintendo 3DS charging cradle

* Nintendo 3DS AC adapter

* Nintendo 3DS touch pen

* SD Memory Card (2 gigabytes)

* 6 AC Cards (for use with compatible software)

* Simple Start Guide

* Instruction Manual

* Warranty Card

The system comes with a variety of software built in. These are among the included titles:

* Nintendo 3DS Camera

* Nintendo 3DS Sound

* Mii Studio

* Street Pass Mii Plaza (Surechigai Mii Hiroba)

* AR Games

* Activity Log (Omoide Kirokucho)

* Face Shooting (Kao Shooting)

Most of these were introduced in September, but Nintendo 3DS Sound and Face Shooting are new.

Nintendo 3DS Sound lets you edit and combine sounds that you've recorded with the system's microphone. You can store up to 180 10 second sound clips on an SD card. 3DS Sound is also used to play back music files from your SD Card. It also has Street Pass functionality, allowing you to see the popularity of songs amongst the people you pass by on the street.

Face Shooting is a game that turns your friends' faces into enemies and your surroundings into stages. You start by taking a picture of a family member or friend. The program will judge the person's face, describing it as, for instance, "a young girl's face" or "an adult woman's face." The face will then appear in a shooting game. As the face approaches you, you have to throw balls it at to keep it away. The face's expressions will change as it approaches you.

^^ Isnt that Kaoru

They're copying the Xbox controller placement - tilted controls.

more like copying the dreamcast controller

segata sanshiro is DISAPPOINT .... its the SATURN controller

saturn_b.jpg

:rofl:

Why the sudden ROF love Karoo? Also, suddenly remembered that the girl in Rurouni Kenshin is called Ms Karoo. :bigyellowgrin:

Its Kaoru, and reminds me that there is no thread in IVG for the new RK game.

And he must be regretting not playing RoF when it released despite all my recommendations.

I know it's Karou but the pronunciation is eerily similar. Maybe Karoo's actually a girl. Has anyone seen him IRL? :scratchchin:

And who would be playing the new RK game? Is it a hack n slash?

Which one? :|

And who would be playing the new RK game? Is it a hack n slash?

Fighting game on the psp ... best stay away from it lol...looks pretty bad :X ... but then again may be it looks good on the small screen...

^^ Isnt that Kaoru

segata sanshiro is DISAPPOINT .... its the SATURN controller

saturn_b.jpg

:rofl:

Check the face button layout and the vmu screen which showed extra info just like the (3)ds' bottom screen.

Once again...... Sega does what nintendont.

/makes segata proud.

psp regretted 1 analog, lets see if the 3ds will :P

yeaaaaaah no. the psp was trying to be the small brother of the ps2 and porting games. hence the games were always a bit lacking. the games which were developed keeping a handheld experience in mind were fantastic - patapon, locoroco, chains of olympus and a bunch of others. the DS does not ever compete with the bigger variants. the games are completely built with the DS in mind - they are not handheld ports. hence there is no question of it regretting a single analog stick. the d-pad plus ABXY buttons have existed from the gameboy days and don't think ninty has ever regretted the scheme. i am just a bit surprised they actually got an analog pad in there this time.

Battery life- 3.5 hours to charge, 3-5 hrs for 3DS games 5-8 hrs for DS games

Very disappointed. One thing I could count on Ninty was to get the battery right. 3-5 hours for 3DS games (roughly translates to 3 hours with sound and normal brightness) is about half of what I expected.

Archived