The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys, I recently upgraded to PS4 Pro and am looking to hook it up with a good quality 4k HDR Television.

As of now, I am inclined towards getting Sony x8300D. Probably 43 inch or 49 inch. I might get the 49 inch version for approx 89k from a local store. 

The reason I am choosing this tv is because of its HDR10 support which is quite essential for PS4 HDR gaming.

My primary usage would be gaming on Ps4 Pro, Netflix/4k streaming. 

Any suggestions?

Edited by rohit3221
Updated TV Price

Hey Guys, I recently upgraded to PS4 Pro and am looking to hook it up with a good quality 4k HDR Television.
As of now, I am inclined towards getting Sony x8300D. Probably 43 inch or 49 inch. I might get the 49 inch version for approx 89k from a local store. 
The reason I am choosing this tv is because of its HDR10 support which is quite essential for PS4 HDR gaming.

My primary usage would be gaming on Ps4 Pro, Netflix/4k streaming. 
Any suggestions?

Check out LG 43UJ752T. It has Dolby Vision too

Check out LG 43UJ752T. It has Dolby Vision too
I did shortlist it earlier.
As a streaming/viewing device, it's bang for the buck. However many people complained about gaming on the television. High input lag and lots of stuttering on PS4 pro. And i think it didn't support game mode with hdr on.
Ultimately I had to ditch it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

28 minutes ago, rohit3221 said:

As a streaming/viewing device, it's bang for the buck. However many people complained about gaming on the television. High input lag and lots of stuttering on PS4 pro. And i think it didn't support game mode with hdr on.

Tell all those people complained about high input lag, to get their eyes tested they might need it. Stuttering caused by TV well this is first I heard of. You think it doesn't have HDR gaming mode, then I guess you should stop thinking, you might hurt yourself. Also tell those people GIT GUD.

Edited by HEMAN

It has good input lag. Check rtings.

Where ever you read that info are wrong or misleading information. There is no such issue unless it's defective.

3 hours ago, HEMAN said:

Tell all those people complained about high input lag, to get their eyes tested they might need it. Stuttering caused by TV well this is first I heard of. You think it doesn't have HDR gaming mode, then I guess you should stop thinking, you might hurt yourself. Also tell those people GIT GUD.

Chill bro. We are all here to help each other. And I believe you. The other guys must have got it wrong. Now since I am no expert is why I decided to ask for suggestions here.

Anyway, I have bought Sony 49X8300D for 85K. Will be missing out Dolby Vision but getting a 49" TV at such price is a steal. Thanks for your suggestions :) 

2 hours ago, djanuj said:

Where ever you read that info are wrong or misleading information. There is no such issue unless it's defective.

Yep that makes two people defending the LG TV. So as I said I believe you guys. Anyways the 49X8300D will be coming on Sunday. Will post my 2 cents here later.

Thanks guys for the suggestions. :)

Yep that makes two people defending the LG TV. So as I said I believe you guys. Anyways the 49X8300D will be coming on Sunday. Will post my 2 cents here later.

Thanks guys for the suggestions. [emoji4]

That doesn't mean Sony TV is bad though. They are good but expensive. I noticed LG pricing their TV relatively cheaper for Indian market with latest tech as compared to Samsung and Sony for this Gen..

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, rohit3221 said:

Chill bro. We are all here to help each other. And I believe you. The other guys must have got it wrong. Now since I am no expert is why I decided to ask for suggestions here.

Anyway, I have bought Sony 49X8300D for 85K. Will be missing out Dolby Vision but getting a 49" TV at such price is a steal. Thanks for your suggestions :) 

Excellent choice. Quality comes at a price. Even though the UI on SONY TV is kind of old, it doesn't keep the TV from shining. 

Enjoy. DeW7xWo.png 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rohit3221 said:

Nah, I never defend any company or product, it's just the way you said it. If you had said "I didn't really feel the LG43UJ752T but I really liked the Sony X8300D, so I am going to buy the Sony". I would have not said a word. But your money your choice.

Thanks guys for the suggestions. [emoji4]

Waiting for the review. [emoji1]

Since I'm in the lookout for the same thing a 4k tv for the PS4 PRO.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Waiting for the review. [emoji1]  
Since I'm in the lookout for the same thing a 4k tv for the PS4 PRO.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Check 43UJ750V for review. It's the same model but for different regions

• Snake changed the title to The TV Decision Making (Buy Whatever You Want) Thread