The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

On 10/20/2017 at 10:12 AM, Ethan_Hunt said:

Just out of curiosity, the Fire Stick does not support playing videos from a USB hard drive right? Like the WD media player used to do back in the day. I still rely on my Asus O'Play for that. So if that conks off, would need an immediate replacement. 

Plex works great on the Fire Stick. It's free and cable-free too, but you'll need to leave a desktop or laptop running (with your HDDs connected) for Plex to pull files from.

On 10/21/2017 at 6:32 PM, Keyofx said:

Plex works great on the Fire Stick. It's free and cable-free too, but you'll need to leave a desktop or laptop running (with your HDDs connected) for Plex to pull files from.

FIRE STICK IS AWESOME!  Plex runs GREAT on Fire Stick.  If you have an RPI, you can convert that as a 24/7 plex server with your HDD connected.  That's what I intend to do somewhere down the road.

Also, I went with Fire Stick rather than Chromecast coz of the remote and the proper interface.  I also bought that 600 bucks Hotstar annual subscription, and the experience so far with that and Fire Stick has been FANTASTIC!

I'm also really enjoying the 1-month free Netflix.  It's a damn shame their monthly sub is 800 bucks.

Also, because of Fire Stick, my wife says there is no need for DTH.  Am saving 500 bucks per month now coz of it, which is great :D

Edit:  By the way, during this sale, I bought Sanyo 49 inch IPS LED off Amazon for 25k after CB :)

Edited by Kazekage Gaara

On 10/23/2017 at 8:55 PM, Aftrunner said:

^^How is the quality of that LED? 

Really good.  It's equal in terms of picture quality compared to those expensive LEDs I see in showrooms that are priced 80k or 1L.

I am also running a 25-feet in-wall HDMI from my bedroom where my PC is to my hall where my LED is, and I've done this for two things.  Running my movies at 60 Hz using SVP Pro and playing my single player games on the LED :D

Although, after discovering Plex, I haven't used it for watching movies but it's a good improvement if you're running the movie at 60 Hz.  It's like MotionFlow of Sony.

Edited by Kazekage Gaara

1 hour ago, Kazekage Gaara said:

Really good.  It's equal in terms of picture quality compared to those expensive LEDs I see in showrooms that are priced 80k or 1L.

I am also running a 25-feet in-wall HDMI from my bedroom where my PC is to my hall where my LED is, and I've done this for two things.  Running my movies at 60 Hz using SVP Pro and playing my single player games on the LED :D

Although, after discovering Plex, I haven't used it for watching movies but it's a good improvement if you're running the movie at 60 Hz.  It's like MotionFlow of Sony.

Is the TV full hd or 4k? 

7 minutes ago, Playstationdude said:

Is the TV full hd or 4k? 

Full HD.

https://www.amazon.in/Sanyo-123-2-inches-XT-49S7100F-Black/dp/B01ICVLK4I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1508860726&sr=8-1

It's gorgeous.  Also got 1 additional year warranty from Sanyo.  There is an offer going on right now with Amazon and Sanyo.  Now, I have 1+1 Official Panasonic India warranty :)

Edited by Kazekage Gaara

Just now, Kazekage Gaara said:

That's an excellent deal you got there. Shame I missed it. I would have picked up the 43inch version but wasn't sure what to make of Sanyo quality and after sales.

7 minutes ago, DinJo said:

Can you confirm whether AC3 and DTS audio is supported or not 

Are you talking to me?  Do you mean direct playback via USB?

It's kinda irrelevant when you have Fire Stick and Plex.  But sure if you want me to, I can check :)

1 hour ago, Playstationdude said:

That's an excellent deal you got there. Shame I missed it. I would have picked up the 43inch version but wasn't sure what to make of Sanyo quality and after sales.

Thanx :)  My interaction with Panasonic customer care was really good.  I registered my TV on phone via serial number, etc., and they promptly sent the person for wall installation.  He came within 24 hours of registration.  Barely 24 hours even.  I called at night, and the guy came next day afternoon.  By the way, installation was free and the kit came with TV.  Zero rupees were spent for this.

Edited by Kazekage Gaara

28 minutes ago, Kazekage Gaara said:

Are you talking to me?  Do you mean direct playback via USB?

It's kinda irrelevant when you have Fire Stick and Plex.  But sure if you want me to, I can check :)

Thanx :)  My interaction with Panasonic customer care was really good.  I registered my TV on phone via serial number, etc., and they promptly sent the person for wall installation.  He came within 24 hours of registration.  Barely 24 hours even.  I called at night, and the guy came next day afternoon.  By the way, installation was free and the kit came with TV.  Zero rupees were spent for this.

Wait ..so Panasonic handles the service for Sanyo? 

Wait ..so Panasonic handles the service for Sanyo? 
Sanyo IS Panasonic. It's a brand owned by them. The box of my LED showed it was manufactured by Panasonic India.

I knew it before I ordered the LED. I thought that was common knowledge.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanx [emoji4]  My interaction with Panasonic customer care was really good.  I registered my TV on phone via serial number, etc., and they promptly sent the person for wall installation.  He came within 24 hours of registration.  Barely 24 hours even.  I called at night, and the guy came next day afternoon.  By the way, installation was free and the kit came with TV.  Zero rupees were spent for this.

Is Sanyo Panasonic brand? I didn't get you?

Basically its brand owned by panasonic for budget oriented products. Panasonic does the High end stuff. Videocon owns sansui . 

Ohh. So if I choose 4k model will it have same quality as Panasonic? Or better to go for LG/Sony/Samsung?

10 hours ago, djanuj said:

Ohh. So if I choose 4k model will it have same quality as Panasonic? Or better to go for LG/Sony/Samsung?

Nope. Better to buy from Panasonic/LG/Sony/Samsung. If you are interested in HDR do not buy the same LG tv I bought it's pretty average when it comes to HDR. SDR and gaming are awesome on it though. 

Nope. Better to buy from Panasonic/LG/Sony/Samsung. If you are interested in HDR do not buy the same LG tv I bought it's pretty average when it comes to HDR. SDR and gaming are awesome on it though. 

43uj752t? Was planning to.

40 minutes ago, djanuj said:

43uj752t? Was planning to.

yep. If your main focus is SDR content then its brilliant but in HDR its underwhelming. It just does not get bright enough and local dimming is average. Gaming though is beautiful both in HDR & SDR, no input lag whatsoever. HDR10 looks good but DV is just too dim. Tried multiple settings. If you're planning on LG then SJ series is better bet or play safe and get an OLED. 

Edited by HEMAN

• Snake changed the title to The TV Decision Making (Buy Whatever You Want) Thread