The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

• 2 weeks later...

My uncle wanted to purchase a 3d tv, recommended him 40" samsung 6600d.

This is available for app 92k in croma. However in ebay it is available for 69999. Spoke with the concerned person and he said that he is offering dealers warranty and if i want samsung india warranty, i can get that from samsung by paying 1.5% of cost price. Also he is offering 2 active 3d glasses. Sounds too good to be true, kindly opine.

I am trying to decide between the following models of TV to be used mainly for gaming, my budget is below 35K... any suggestions would help

1. Samsung 32 Inches Full HD LCD LA32D550K1R

2. Samsung 32 Inches Full HD LCD LA32D580K4R

3. LG 32 Inches Full HD LCD 32LK450

4. LG 32 Inches Full HD LCD 32LK430

5. Panasonic VIERA 32 Inches Full HD LCD TH-L32U30D

Edited by spiel

My uncle wanted to purchase a 3d tv, recommended him 40" samsung 6600d.

This is available for app 92k in croma. However in ebay it is available for 69999. Spoke with the concerned person and he said that he is offering dealers warranty and if i want samsung india warranty, i can get that from samsung by paying 1.5% of cost price. Also he is offering 2 active 3d glasses. Sounds too good to be true, kindly opine.

TV's in Thailand are available for almost half or 1/rd the price in India. when last time i was there my friend bought a samsung 55' 3DTV with free blu ray player and cost him total for 74 (landing price including customs + VAT refund) in India. He sold it to a guy from the grey market for 78 K . That TV is available for 1,60,000 in India. So they one you are getting is probably a thailand model, the Samsung carries international warranty, so dont know why he is asking for the additional 1.5%

I am trying to decide between the following models of TV to be used mainly for gaming, my budget is below 35K... any suggestions would help

All of them are good TVs.

If u are mainly using it for gaming and u are not interested in USB playback,go for the Pansasonic model. It has an IPS panel which has a better refresh rate and is suitable for gaming.

Else,have a look at LG 32LK430. It is cheaper than both Samsung and Panasonic and having the same amount of features

If u dont mind paying extra, get the Samsung one. It is the best one in terms of USB playback.The speakers on latter model are better than the previous one. So go for the second one.

I recently bought the Samsung 40D550K1R model and can vouch for it. :D

Of course, Samsung has the dreaded panel lottery so do keep it in mind if u are buying it.

thanks godspeed4476

TV's in Thailand are available for almost half or 1/rd the price in India. when last time i was there my friend bought a samsung 55' 3DTV with free blu ray player and cost him total for 74 (landing price including customs + VAT refund) in India. He sold it to a guy from the grey market for 78 K . That TV is available for 1,60,000 in India. So they one you are getting is probably a thailand model, the Samsung carries international warranty, so dont know why he is asking for the additional 1.5%

Hi Spiel,

Go 2. Samsung 32 Inches Full HD LCD LA32D580K4R as its the best on in all 4...

This TV will play all codec movies from your HDD without any issues .. I have 1. Samsung 32 Inches Full HD LCD LA32D550K1R & I am enjoying it with my 500GB HDD :P

Only difference between LA32D550K1R & LA32D580K4R is speakers. LA32D580K4R have woofer 40 W + Twitter so go for it without any doubt. Its the best one. When I purchased LA32D550K1R, this model LA32D580K4R was not it stock thats why need to go for LA32D550K1R and sound of LA32D550K1R will later bit get cracked so LA32D580K4R is your option.

Hi Spiel,

Go 2. Samsung 32 Inches Full HD LCD LA32D580K4R as its the best on in all 4...

This TV will play all codec movies from your HDD without any issues .. I have 1. Samsung 32 Inches Full HD LCD LA32D550K1R & I am enjoying it with my 500GB HDD :P

Only difference between LA32D550K1R & LA32D580K4R is speakers. LA32D580K4R have woofer 40 W + Twitter so go for it without any doubt. Its the best one. When I purchased LA32D550K1R, this model LA32D580K4R was not it stock thats why need to go for LA32D550K1R and sound of LA32D550K1R will later bit get cracked so LA32D580K4R is your option.

Thnx Squeezer.. 580K4R was not in stock with some of the dealers here...hoping to buy a TV before this week..

ok guys bought Samsung EH5000 . so now was running a video with .mov file lekin thora sec ke bad aek sec ke liye atakta :| is it because it does not support or wat :| cudnt even find a link where it says which formats it supports

help pl0x

Edit: went thru manual . it supports every other format but it did not mentione .mov :|

Edited by sagar

its an LED and watever u said above . it all went over my head . :mellow: i m dumb :| regarding electronic stuffs :|

Your LED should have a motion plus or some other thingy that is inside the setup menu of your tv, dig for it, try switching it off and it might help you if you find that there are stutters during scenes that are fast-panning :fear:

Your LED should have a motion plus or some other thingy that is inside the setup menu of your tv, dig for it, try switching it off and it might help you if you find that there are stutters during scenes that are fast-panning :fear:

:mellow: ok will try when mom leaves the tv and i play some games . :)

:mellow: ok will try when mom leaves the tv and i play some games . :)

and oh, try switching on the game mode, that automatically does whatever I told you and more :P

@bangersmash: Well, you can't change the refresh mode of a tv, but yes the tv sometimes cannot do the extra processing required and hence the odd stutter.

can any1 recommend VU tv's?

getting a 40"LED Full HD for about 40K with warranty included

Its a 'nalla' brand, one of my friend from the industry said that its a completely Indian brand launched by Zenith, not saying Indian brands are bad, but he says there are constant complaints about the TV's, i think he said they dont even manufacture it , they import the whole thing from china and just brand it.

^^ thanks man, going to give it a pass

short-listed a few samsung TV's

UA40D5500 LED around 55k

UA40D5900 LED around 57k ( i love the slim panel on this tv)

LA40D550 (LCD) around 43k

i dont mind going for the LCD, since the difference is a good 12-14k for the LED, what do you guys suggest, LED-LCD is the difference worth it?

• Snake changed the title to The TV Decision Making (Buy Whatever You Want) Thread