The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

The dealer is offering their own extended one for 2 years at 12k. I will have to wait for LG guys to come for installation and give me a quote for the Lg one.
Go for it. I made a blunder and didn't negotiate on the prices for extended warranty. That is a great price.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Just now, adity said:

My uncle took extended warranty for his Samsung TV from reliance digital and it was f**king miserable so YMMV. I'd say go with the LG warranty if price difference isn't huge because LG's service is top notch. 

Hmm.. correct. Service from LG is pretty good. Lets see if I can get a good price for it.

Lg's service is top-notch no doubt. However, before buying extended warranty double check what it covers. My extended warranty did not cover Magic remote and bluetooth/wifi module controller on the motherboard. My extended warranty only covers panel nothing else. 

1> Lg's 1 year warranty covers almost everything. 

2nd year onwards it covers only panel for a two years. 

I did not pay anything for extended warranty. I got it for free because I bought the Tv during the offer period. Maybe that's the reason I got only panel warranty. Anyway panel is the most expensive part at least that's covered. 

10 minutes ago, HEMAN said:

Lg's service is top-notch no doubt. However, before buying extended warranty double check what it covers. My extended warranty did not cover Magic remote and bluetooth/wifi module controller on the motherboard. My extended warranty only covers panel nothing else. 

I did not pay anything for extended warranty. I got it for free because I bought the Tv during the offer period. Maybe that's the reason I got only panel warranty. Anyway panel is the most expensive part at least that's covered. 

2nd year from lg is always panel only. This year I heard they are giving three year Warranty with c9

20 minutes ago, HEMAN said:

1+1 is standard on LG TVs now.

I'm curious about the 3rd and 4th year extended warranty offered by LG, cause as @Sach4life said, it costs around 20k. Even with negotiations it will not cost anything less than 18k.

Too much spending this season :fear:

6 hours ago, Sach4life said:

I did, for 2 extra years.

Coming to the tv, PQ is f**king incredible. Such a joy to even consume 1080p content

6 hours ago, Sach4life said:

LG warranty i guess. Around 20k. Did you get?

20k is not for brand warranty. LG OLED 55inch extended  warranty just for 2 years is for 50k or so. For 3 years, it hits 90k or so. 

Used to get regular calls from LG for extending warranty till last month (they were running a 25% discount offer). 

I read somewhere that if a brand really wants to sell you warranty, don't get it as most likely they are pretty confident in their product. Also spending 90k made no sense as the TV costed me around 1.03l after all CBs. 

3 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

20k is not for brand warranty. LG OLED 55inch extended  warranty just for 2 years is for 50k or so. For 3 years, it hits 90k or so. 

Used to get regular calls from LG for extending warranty till last month (they were running a 25% discount offer). 

I read somewhere that if a brand really wants to sell you warranty, don't get it as most likely they are pretty confident in their product. Also spending 90k made no sense as the TV costed me around 1.03l after all CBs. 

50k for warranty? wtf? 

Woah[emoji46][emoji46]

12 minutes ago, Playstationdude said:

50k for warranty? wtf? 

6 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

Woahemoji46.pngemoji46.png

Official lg site rates for 1 year extended warranty on OLEDs:

https://imgur.com/gallery/FwwSki9

• Snake changed the title to The TV Decision Making (Buy Whatever You Want) Thread