The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

Guys need some serious inputs here regarding

LG 65UB950T

There is this Ultra HD 4K TV from LG which seems as good as the reviewers say.... Now the only thing is FK is offering this TV for an amazing price, Almost a steal at 35% Discount.

While Snapdeal & Croma only 9-10%.

Price of TV is around 3.5-3.7, FK offering us for 2.4!!! I mean seriously ?

Please find the below Links :-

FLIPKART

SNAPDEAL

CROMA

I don't have much time left as I need to order quickly as it seems FK may remove this anytime like VU 65". Can someone validate its pricing and how good it is if we get a TV from e-commerce sites. I am showing +ve Vibe to go for it... I just need some confidence.

great TV have seen it personally, but i would never splurge 2.4 lacs on a TV. Not worth it.

great TV have seen it personally, but i would never splurge 2.4 lacs on a TV. Not worth it.

I see.. So you have seen this personally. Any inputs.. on picture quality sound display design...

Would be best to wait for OLED tvs. They are the future. These LCDs are no match once OLED becomes more common.

Dude, Still UHD & 4K itself is new.... Do you think OLED will catch it fsater than those.. And that too OLED 3D UHD..

There is a saying, Not just for TVs.. it applies same for Cars, Mobiles and Gadgets... If you wait for years you will definitely get a far better deal than current market. But the question is Who will wait!

I will be 32-33 by then, And do you think I will have time for all those gadgets to explore. :)

Taking both of your inputs it seems its a fair deal, Now I need to just check on arranging the amount. Even if I couldn't No Regrets as I can understand its not a small amount. But it's 65" and too tempting. :):P

I see.. So you have seen this personally. Any inputs.. on picture quality sound display design...

Dude, Still UHD & 4K itself is new.... Do you think OLED will catch it fsater than those.. And that too OLED 3D UHD..

There is a saying, Not just for TVs.. it applies same for Cars, Mobiles and Gadgets... If you wait for years you will definitely get a far better deal than current market. But the question is Who will wait!

I will be 32-33 by then, And do you think I will have time for all those gadgets to explore. :)

Taking both of your inputs it seems its a fair deal, Now I need to just check on arranging the amount. Even if I couldn't No Regrets as I can understand its not a small amount. But it's 65" and too tempting. :):P

PQ was awesome because they were playing a 4K video. No idea about sound, it was mute.

PQ was awesome because they were playing a 4K video. No idea about sound, it was mute.

Hmm.. I see.

Ok then, I will wait for a month to arrange money and then will get this.

Gaddi ka plan postpone ho gaya 2-3 months tak.... I won't be there to drive. :P

Hmm.. I see.

Ok then, I will wait for a month to arrange money and then will get this.

Gaddi ka plan postpone ho gaya 2-3 months tak.... I won't be there to drive. [emoji14]

Still say makes no sense.

Taking both of your inputs it seems its a fair deal, Now I need to just check on arranging the amount. Even if I couldn't No Regrets as I can understand its not a small amount. But it's 65" and too tempting. :) [emoji14]

I am talking about 1080P OLED. Better to buy a full hd oled than 4K LCD. And LG has already been making consumer oled tvs since 2013 in 55 and 65 inch category and they blow away 4K LCDs in picture quality. If you are going to spend above 2 lac picture quality would be most important so oled makes more sense so i suggest you wait and buy one of the 2015 LG OLED models coming out this year.Price should be about 2 lac for 55 inch and around 3lac for 65 inch. Rest is upto you.

Go to avforums and there you find lots of info about all kinds of tv. Ask for advice there as the regulars there are extremely knowledgeable regarding tvs.

At that screen size I would highly recommend trying curved displays.They may seem odd at first but the immersion they provide is second to none.You will not be able to go back to flat screen displays.

Mohit :- avforums or that hifivision.... I am member in both. I took their advise only when I first purchased my Panasonic Vierra Plasma bcoz of its deep black level and natural colors. And TBH, I was very satisfied. But its more than 3 years now and the new UHD 4Ks and OLEDs are tempting.

I will compare and dig more on OLED's and UHD 4K LEDs and then decide. I am not in a hurry though as its a matter of over 2L.

GiGz :- I have checked the Curved Displays and I was satisfied, However many digital forums used to say that there will be an issue with Wide View Angle noticeably in Curved TVs, Apart from that they are really good. If you see couple of posts above I have mentioned about VU 65" Curved TV.

• 2 weeks later...

Mohit :- avforums or that hifivision.... I am member in both. I took their advise only when I first purchased my Panasonic Vierra Plasma bcoz of its deep black level and natural colors. And TBH, I was very satisfied. But its more than 3 years now and the new UHD 4Ks and OLEDs are tempting.

I will compare and dig more on OLED's and UHD 4K LEDs and then decide. I am not in a hurry though as its a matter of over 2L.

GiGz :- I have checked the Curved Displays and I was satisfied, However many digital forums used to say that there will be an issue with Wide View Angle noticeably in Curved TVs, Apart from that they are really good. If you see couple of posts above I have mentioned about VU 65" Curved TV.

Some discounts on 4k tv on Flipkart.

Samsung 55 inch 4K 3DLED @1.5lac

Samsung 55 inch 4K non 3D Led @1.2lac

LG 40 inch 4K @52k

LG 42 inch 4K @58k

Samsung 40 inch 4K @62k

• Snake changed the title to The TV Decision Making (Buy Whatever You Want) Thread