The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

8 minutes ago, kemosabe said:

around 6-7k each.. First one from store and 2nd one from ebay

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

I bought mine in 2015 for 4.5k from a local Pc store. 

• 2 weeks later...

I used to believe there wasn't much difference between 4K content and Full hd as I barely noticed any difference on my HD and full hd from a distance of around 10feet(both 42inchers). But I was wrong! Tried a 4k youtube video and then switched to full hd on the same video(same tv 49inch)- the difference is amazing.

All depends on the quality of the source. A well done 1080p is will always look better than poorly done 4k.

Watch the Power Rangers UHD. Absolutely beautiful and DV just makes it even more spectacular. 

Edited by HEMAN

Guys I’m looking for tv suggestions. I want to watch shows like Bojack horseman. I tried flaked with will arnett and didn’t enjoy it that much. I’ve rewatched the show takeaway 3 times by now. Like it ,ore than rick and morty.

help me !

2 hours ago, adity said:

Watch Archer if you haven't. 

:wub:I can't believe I've found someone besides me who enjoys Archer !:wub:

I've recommended the show to multiple friends but they've all had a 'Meh!' reaction.

Hope you're following the latest Danger Island season.

Guys...finally bought LG 4K TV for a good price.....I wanted to ask how good is this TV? So I bought this based on the suggestion of shop owner who I know personally. He suggested sj850t is discontinued and new model is being launched. So this is that new model (55UK7500). Now I couldn't find that online. But checking the model on New Zealand LG page I see it has good specs....just not sure about 100hz frequency and 4k@60p 50mbps part....is the 50mbps part good or should I be worried? I still have the option to return it and get other model.

PS : TV box is sealed and not opened at all....installation will happen tomorrow

dfecb985371c576c0941c9d2fccf1386.jpg

LG tvs are generally good, the hdr won't be as bright as let's say Sony or Samsung, but picture quality of panel usually is good. 

Take extended warranty, both LG 4k TV in family have had panel failures already. Same issue of a vertical line appearing on screen. The bomb these guys cost, I am gonna stick to cheap Chinese makes going forward. 

Edited by AtheK

LG tvs are generally good, the hdr won't be as bright as let's say Sony or Samsung, but picture quality of panel usually is good. 

Take extended warranty, both LG 4k TV in family have had panel failures already. Same issue of a vertical line appearing on screen. The bomb these guys cost, I am gonna stick to cheap Chinese makes going forward. 
Where can I buy one? If I want to? I bought from local store. Will they have knowledge?

Where can I buy one? If I want to? I bought from local store. Will they have knowledge?
They should or call lg, take maximum possible.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

How is the onsite go warranty?
[mention=584]AtheK[/mention]
[mention=15675]adity[/mention]
Dint get the question, if you mean how is onsite service, it's very good.

Yeah I meant if you have used the extended warranty service from Onsite Go.
Which extended warranty do you have?
I had from lg itself

• Snake changed the title to The TV Decision Making (Buy Whatever You Want) Thread