The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

IMO even 3D tvs are not worth investing in.

See I have a limit on how big the tv can be since there are space constraints. And m guessing paying around 55k gives u a very good led tv.. But m free to spend 65k almost so can go for some additional features..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Hi can anyone help me with some suggestions for 39-42 " led tvs (pref 3d) in the range of 50-60 ? Purposes include Xbox, HD cable and hdmi out from laptop. Also advice if smart TVs are really worth investing in.. Any help will be appreciated Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Try Sony ex650/ nx650 - 2d and Lg 6410 - 3d

New sony models are going to launch in april-may

thanks will look into it!

I hope you got extended warranty ?

Yup. Total 3 years.

BF3 looks stunning even at 720p. On my 22" monitor, the game looked abysmal compared to the PC version (720p vs. 1080p). Thanks to good viewing distance from the TV the difference between HD and fHD content is minimal.

It reads NTFS drives, so the Toshiba 1TB I bought from you = pure win now :punk: .

See I have a limit on how big the tv can be since there are space constraints. And m guessing paying around 55k gives u a very good led tv.. But m free to spend 65k almost so can go for some additional features..

Well I bought my lg 42inch led 3dtv (lm3410) for 55k in November. You could look into that.

• 2 weeks later...

My friend is getting this tv which has a optical sound output but his speakers have analog input.. So I guess he will have to go for a Optical to analog converter..

Will this conversion cause any appreciable loss in quality of sound?

And can these analog speakers be connected to a 5.1 channel system with an optical input itself?

Any alternate solutions?

My friend is getting this tv which has a optical sound output but his speakers have analog input.. So I guess he will have to go for a Optical to analog converter.. Will this conversion cause any appreciable loss in quality of sound? And can these analog speakers be connected to a 5.1 channel system with an optical input itself? Any alternate solutions? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

1. Optical out to analog in will cause signal loss.

I didnt get the second question. You want to connect the analog speakers to a 5.1 system? Why can't you connect the TV directly to the 5.1 system? Can you please be clearer?

My friend is getting this tv which has a optical sound output but his speakers have analog input.. So I guess he will have to go for a Optical to analog converter.. Will this conversion cause any appreciable loss in quality of sound? And can these analog speakers be connected to a 5.1 channel system with an optical input itself? Any alternate solutions? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

1. Optical out to analog in will cause signal loss.

I didnt get the second question. You want to connect the analog speakers to a 5.1 system? Why can't you connect the TV directly to the 5.1 system? Can you please be clearer?

See the deal is he WANTS TO utilise the two analog speakers under any condition.. And they are already wired and mounted in his newly renovated house.

So his idea was to use 3 speakers out of the 5.1 and the other two slots he connects these two speakers- if that works

As in such a 5.1 system which already has a optical in so he doesn't need a converter.. Directly connect tv optical out to 5.1 optical in and the output from there goes to the individual speakers

• Snake changed the title to The TV Decision Making (Buy Whatever You Want) Thread