The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

10 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

It's a 8 bit panel . It must be satisfying other criterias for getting Dolby Vision support tag on it I think.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Hmm.. I was under the impression DV uses 12 bit encoding. Maybe it just supports DV content and converts it to support HDR on an 8 bit panel, similar to LG's Active HDR.

49 minutes ago, Playstationdude said:

If it supports DV, does that mean it has a 12 bit panel? If thats the case, premium is the way to go IMO. Colour palette is on a whole new level with 10/12bit panels.

I don't think 12 bit panels are available for middle class peeps. 

1 hour ago, Playstationdude said:

If it supports DV, does that mean it has a 12 bit panel? If thats the case, premium is the way to go IMO. Colour palette is on a whole new level with 10/12bit panels.

There aren't any 12 bit panel tvs on the market right now.

VU is the market leader now in selling large 4k TV's . That's quite an achievement considering the competition with other budget TV's and larger players .

https://www.indiatoday.in/amp/technology/news/story/vu-tv-is-leading-large-4k-tv-segment-sells-1-5-lakh-4k-tvs-in-six-months-1611886-2019-10-22

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 10/22/2019 at 2:10 PM, quixote_1989 said:

Managed to get it working without changing region. The "turn on" from echo dot worked the first few times, but didn't work after that. "Turn Off" was more consistent.

But the sheer amount of time it takes... I just gave up on it after the first few times and went back to the remote, which is rather wonderful.

Yes because in 2019 models they have it activated for India, in 2018 model only Australia and US region was activated, when clearly it has the capability. 

One place LG sucksnis updating the TV, so many apps will stop appearing on 2017/2018 TV as 2019 series is launched. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GunnerY2J said:

Got vu pixelight installed.

The sound quality sucks balls, balls.

Sony/Samsung aren't charging double for Nothing.

If you have the budget they are worth it.

Might try a few PS4 games as well to check but the sound sucks for now. 

Thats also a difference I guess then compared to premium.. It has dolby support I think.. I guess you can simply get a decent speakers or home theater to go along with the TV.. Hows PQ?

1 hour ago, funnyadit said:

Thats also a difference I guess then compared to premium.. It has dolby support I think.. I guess you can simply get a decent speakers or home theater to go along with the TV.. Hows PQ?

Here it is written Dolby audio.

But the sound is unbearable.

Picture quality from DTH is nothing the old Sony (non 4k) wasn't offering.

Maybe a plus but I haven't watched TV in months so not able to compare.

Edited by GunnerY2J

18 hours ago, GunnerY2J said:

This isn't working ( but working on mobile)
The aux slot says service ?
No where else aux cable is fitting.

Sent from my ASUS_X01BDA using Tapatalk

Theres one on the sides where there are HDMIs there's a slot called headphones..

vu-50-qdv-50-qdv-original-imaff9mkeh3um5

Also did you try different settings with the sound settings? If its too bad maybe ask for replacement if you arent satisfied.. You could get new TV as replacement.. I mean the TV has 3.9 for sound as an average which says its not its weakest point..

https://www.flipkart.com/vu-pixelight-138cm-55-inch-ultra-hd-4k-led-smart-tv-cricket-mode/product-reviews/itmfey7hgkhyd6uw?pid=TVSFF9MBJPGJMYPZ&aid=3bc38e5a-8171-471d-94ba-77f30027e992&mid=FLIPKART&fid=0ff4c610-c1a5-46e4-b2c1-01f1394385ef.TVSFF9MBJPGJMYPZ&an=Sound&cat=Television&vert=Television

Edited by funnyadit
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, funnyadit said:

Theres one on the sides where there are HDMIs there's a slot called headphones..

vu-50-qdv-50-qdv-original-imaff9mkeh3um5

Also did you try different settings with the sound settings? If its too bad maybe ask for replacement if you arent satisfied.. You could get new TV as replacement.. I mean the TV has 3.9 for sound as an average which says its not its weakest point..

https://www.flipkart.com/vu-pixelight-138cm-55-inch-ultra-hd-4k-led-smart-tv-cricket-mode/product-reviews/itmfey7hgkhyd6uw?pid=TVSFF9MBJPGJMYPZ&aid=3bc38e5a-8171-471d-94ba-77f30027e992&mid=FLIPKART&fid=0ff4c610-c1a5-46e4-b2c1-01f1394385ef.TVSFF9MBJPGJMYPZ&an=Sound&cat=Television&vert=Television

Yes,got it 

I don't know how replacement will solve anything ?

Same TV again.

I did try the settings, I can't understand the speech that is being said which I could before.

1 hour ago, GunnerY2J said:

Yes,got it 

I don't know how replacement will solve anything ?

Same TV again.

I did try the settings, I can't understand the speech that is being said which I could before.

If you are happy with the picture quality, I would suggest to just get a speaker set

1 hour ago, GunnerY2J said:

Yes,even with the cheap Zebronics speaker it has made a good difference.

In this video watch from 8:47 she talks about sound.. And she says its really good..She even says theres no need for external speakers with the TV.. Just a suggestion.. If you got it online you could opt for replacement in 10 days..

• Snake changed the title to The TV Decision Making (Buy Whatever You Want) Thread