The TV Decision Making Thread

Bulovski

On 11/11/2019 at 8:49 PM, gs_RoXxX said:

Yes like 60 fps video runs in 30fps for me and also for 4k videos on yt half the time video is buffering even though I have 100mbps net at home and other devices run 4k with no issue at all

YouTube 4k videos play beautifully for me on my vu premium android. And I'm on a 50mbps plan. Maybe buffers for a few seconds at the start and then plays all the way to the end without stuttering.

Okay so an update update on the vu premium android :-

Since I last posted here regarding tv I just did one thing that is change my dns to google on router and so after about 2 days from changing dns tv has become just super f**king smooth!!! Idk what just happened but now youtube streams at 4k easily and also casting from phone now works flawlessly. Overall TV UI has got more fluidic and the boot time has improved greatly too!!!

Idk what just happened there , maybe tv got updated but is there a way to check it? Overall all the problems I listed before have vanished now and I am still wondering what just happened suddenly lol??

5 hours ago, gs_RoXxX said:

Okay so an update update on the vu premium android :-

Since I last posted here regarding tv I just did one thing that is change my dns to google on router and so after about 2 days from changing dns tv has become just super f**king smooth!!! Idk what just happened but now youtube streams at 4k easily and also casting from phone now works flawlessly. Overall TV UI has got more fluidic and the boot time has improved greatly too!!!

Idk what just happened there , maybe tv got updated but is there a way to check it? Overall all the problems I listed before have vanished now and I am still wondering what just happened suddenly lol??

There was an update out about a week back for some fixes. Maybe that was one of it

There was an update out about a week back for some fixes. Maybe that was one of it
TV software update? As in android os update? I have never once received a software update on my VU premium android tv and I was the very first one on this forum to buy one.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Walker said:

1 hour ago, i_rock098 said:

TV software update? As in android os update? I have never once received a software update on my VU premium android tv and I was the very first one on this forum to buy one.

Yeah it was an ota , i think that is what fixed all the issues for me and i think it was general android ota as the security patch has also been updated to jun 5 2019 earlier it was jan 2019!! 

3 hours ago, i_rock098 said:

v1rukwW.jpg

6 minutes ago, Walker said:

v1rukwW.jpg

Mine security patch level was jan 2019 before update and also looks like some people like me who were on jan update got ota this week and same was confirmed when I visted the tv page on flipkart and there was a mention of an ota for some users.

2 minutes ago, gs_RoXxX said:

Mine security patch level was jan 2019 before update and also looks like some people like me who were on jan update got ota this week and same was confirmed when I visted the tv page on flipkart and there was a mention of an ota for some users.

same here. Mine was shipped with the Jan patch as stock. Just got this ota last week iirc

Edited by Walker

9 hours ago, GunnerY2J said:

Got a call from vu asking about experience so far.

They have arranged a service visit, don't think it ll be able to be fixed.

He did say it ll be fixed as these problems (sound and viewing angle) have been encountered and fixed.

What a load of crock. I don't see how viewing angles can be fixed aside from repositioning the tv itself. Sound yes, viewing angle fix i say bull.

• Snake changed the title to The TV Decision Making (Buy Whatever You Want) Thread