The Football Thread

Xeno

Im not sure. The football forums that I normally use has been down for the last 4-5 days, Ive not been in touch with the guys who are close to the Emirates. I dont normally trust the tabloids and Alvarez was apparently agreed to be signed before the season finished, then didnt get a permit, then we didnt complete the transfer and now apparently we've signed him again. Ill update here soon as I hear something. From what Ive seen of him(few videos posted on arsenal blogs) he looked quite good. If hes signed, he'd probably be the replacement for Fabregas, plays in similar, slightly advanced role.

Which forum are you a part of?

Also, :hi2: to a fellow gooner! :D

:surprise::clapping::majesty:

Five ways Barca could save some pennies...

Offer Arsenal some silverware in exchange for Fabregas - Arsenal's trophy cabinet is collecting dust and Barca could spare a couple of Copa del Rey's...

Buy Lionel Messi's kits in kids sizes

Convince Shakira to do the Xmas party entertainment for free by threatening to keep Gerard Pique in for extra training

Now they've finally got a shirt sponsor, why not go whole hog and be first club to sell space on their shorts and socks too?

Sack Guardiola - With the talent they've got, do Barca really need a manager?

:giggle:

even after winning so much they are still buried in debt thumbdown.gif

Edited by supersim

Apparently we're after Hulk, also. I really like Hulk, think he'd be a quality signing. But none of the players we're seriously looking on the verge of signing are those that are really needed. We need a DMF and CB, priority. Instead we are on the verge of signing 3 wingers. Gervinho, Mata, Chamberlain and a AMF Alvarez.

Apparently we're after Hulk, also. I really like Hulk, think he'd be a quality signing. But none of the players we're seriously looking on the verge of signing are those that are really needed. We need a DMF and CB, priority. Instead we are on the verge of signing 3 wingers. Gervinho, Mata, Chamberlain and a AMF Alvarez.

So it appears that all these three signing are going to be announced on 1st July. (According to Mirror)

I agree with the fact that we need a CB. And I sincerely wish there is some truth in the rumors surrounding Arsenal's interest in Samba And Gary Cahill. Finally, Wenger seems to have understood the importance of signing players who are experienced in the premier league. DMF, I think Song is doing a outstanding job and we should just let him settle.

The three winger also looks interesting to me because all three of them are different from each other in their own ways. Versatile Gervinho, who has potential to play up front if required. He also has an eye for scoring goals. Alvarez, his physical presence will be a huge boost of Arsenal's midfield. Chamberlin, I feel is a signing for the future.

I am with you on that one. He works hard and isn't overly selfish on the ball. Plus his size works in his favor because he can muscle through people to get the ball when required. The only downside to his play is that he gets discouraged quickly and has this nasty habit of running wide when he has options in the middle thus leaving attack moves void through the center. However, if you can give him someone on the wing to operate with then the inside cutting becomes a joy to watch because even with his size the boy has some very quick feet.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/media-watch/liverpool-refusing-to-budge-on-6m-valuation-of-adam

Apparently we have him evaluated at 6m and we aren't budging which is okay by me because our mid-field is starting to get overloaded.

Edited by Mel81x

We dont need anymore signings for the future. Im sick of being fed the same horse-crap about the future. We already have Ryo Miyachi for the future, as a winger. Ill be more than happy if he can return right now or whenever he returns. Hes shown he'll be straight into the first team squad.

Song is doing a good job, not a great one. I thought he was brilliant till myself and other teams noticed how weak his movement is and how slow he becomes versus sides that can get a good passing tempo going.