The Football Thread

Xeno

We dont need anymore signings for the future. Im sick of being fed the same horse-crap about the future. We already have Ryo Miyachi for the future, as a winger. Ill be more than happy if he can return right now or whenever he returns. Hes shown he'll be straight into the first team squad.

Song is doing a good job, not a great one. I thought he was brilliant till myself and other teams noticed how weak his movement is and how slow he becomes versus sides that can get a good passing tempo going.

You are right about Song. But I think its just matter of time before he lifts his game up and performs better than his own current standards. BTW, What do you think about Cesc? Will he be leaving for sure?

You earlier mentioned, you're a part of certain Football Forums. What would that be? I'm looking to join good ones.

It basically means that he is not for sale !

Correction it means they don't want him going to teams they don't want him going to. Jack the price up and let some bigger fish try and take him. He's aging and probably won't be of much use to their style of play soon.

A buy-out clause by definition is the minimum amount that must be paid to break a player’s contract. And its an agreement signed with the player, so it basically means that is the amount a player has to pay to buy out of his contract. But in most cases, since the club is interested in acquiring the services of the player, they end up paying it. I don't think it means anything else.

Correction it means they don't want him going to teams they don't want him going to. Jack the price up and let some bigger fish try and take him. He's aging and probably won't be of much use to their style of play soon.

It does not mean anything like that. Even if a club matches that fee, they can still reject the bid if they don't want to sell him. That is how it works, its got nothing to do with big or small fishes.

It does not mean anything like that. Even if a club matches that fee, they can still reject the bid if they don't want to sell him. That is how it works, its got nothing to do with big or small fishes.

Are you telling me that if someone offered 45+ for D.Villa that the contract would still matter? Either he would have to have an incredibly stupid agent or the club doesn't see an off-loading opportunity to revisit the contract and let him go thereby gaining funds for new acquisitions.

Edited by Mel81x

Are you telling me that if someone offered 45+ for D.Villa that the contract would still matter? Either he would have to have an incredibly stupid agent or the club doesn't see an off-loading opportunity to revisit the contract and let him go thereby gaining funds for new acquisitions.

No. The club has every right to over look that clause and consider it void if they want to. So if they want to sell him, he can be sold at any price they seem is fair.

That's really all I was alluding to. If it wasn't clear then I apologize for the same. Every club does this and buy-out clauses probably become more pertinent when you just can't do with a player to the point where his exclusion from the team breaks down the style of play or the approach a club is working towards.

That's really all I was alluding to. If it wasn't clear then I apologize for the same. Every club does this and buy-out clauses probably become more pertinent when you just can't do with a player to the point where his exclusion from the team breaks down the style of play or the approach a club is working towards.

David Villa, sort of puts Barca in a spot like that. He is a part of the deadly trio - Himself, Messi and Pedro. And Come on you don't sell a player who scored 18 goals out of 30 and odd games he played for you in a season. He just fits in perfectly in the squad.

If there is any truth to Chelsea's bid, I would just call it audacious. I don't see Villa leaving at any cost.

A buy-out clause by definition is the minimum amount that must be paid to break a player’s contract. And its an agreement signed with the player, so it basically means that is the amount a player has to pay to buy out of his contract. But in most cases, since the club is interested in acquiring the services of the player, they end up paying it. I don't think it means anything else.

Wrong... A buy-out clause by definition is exactly what yu wrote... But, a club still has the option to sell a player at an amount that suits both the parties... And in most cases thats how the deal is done... These 'ridiculous' buy-out clauses are signed so that the parent club has a leverage while negotiations... Just like mel said, if club is willing to pay 45+million for a 29 yr old Villa, the deal will be done.. No questions asked!

Edit: a player never buys himself out of a contract... The club who wants his signature does...

Very wrong... If the value of the buy-out clause is matched then there's nothing much a club can do... Legally, the player has been bought out of his contract... Now, its upto the player whether he wants to sign a contract with that club who has approached him... If not, he can reject!! But the club has no say in it..

For a 1:1 example, Phil Jones to ManU!! 16.5m buy-out clause triggered by ManU.. Blackburn couldn't do sh*t even though Liverpool were willing to pay ~22m because Jones wanted to move to OT and not Anfield!!

Edited by Madhav

If there is any truth to Chelsea's bid, I would just call it audacious. I don't see Villa leaving at any cost.

There was nothing audacious about it... It simply means Barca value him way more than that... Supposing Chelsea double the amount tomo, Villa will be a blue day after... Every player has a price...

Wrong... A buy-out clause by definition is exactly what yu wrote... But, a club still has the option to sell a player at an amount that suits both the parties... And in most cases thats how the deal is done... These 'ridiculous' buy-out clauses are signed so that the parent club has a leverage while negotiations... Just like mel said, if club is willing to pay 45+million for a 29 yr old Villa, the deal will be done.. No questions asked!

Edit: a player never buys himself out of a contract... The club who wants his signature does...

A player never DOES. But he CAN. I agree with everything else you said.