The Football Thread

Xeno

I don't think Torres was ever as big as Fabregas but if you want to talk about KOP hate then you have to dig into a much earlier time when Owen was a superstar for us. I think he got flack for all the wrong reasons when he left and I said the same thing about Torres when he left because no one man is bigger than the club and it should never ever be so even if you are in Division 100 and you lose the one playmaker that will win you the season. Eleven guys get on the pitch and its not like if you take the 10 guys out that your team can still win the games required to keep the fans happy. We are a more wholesome team now if you ask me because the game has gotten faster, the rotations will be smoother and I pray that Kenny does a quicker midfield switch in the next game because we bought on some proven work horses way too late in our game against Sunderland and by then the draw was written in stone.

I think Liverpool Management made Torres Leave Liverpool.When he and gerrard were in top form,they didnt sign big players,they didnt improve their squad i.e they didnt Invest when they had the best striker and best mid-fielder around.

Why would Torres stay at the club if the management isnt investing,i agree 100% percent with Torres when he left Liverpool.There was no other choice for him left.Look Pool Right now,they are out of the champs league,this year they have to fight really hard to get into the champs league.Therefore it would take some time for pool to be top again.Why would a player who deserves trophies wont leave the club when he sees a better opportunity else-where.If liverpool would have assured Torres that they will Invest and will become a top club who wants to win trophies again,Torres woudnt have left Pool.

Edited by hope

[imgttp://i54.tinypic.com/2dam1so.jpg[/img]

[imghttp://i53.tinypic.com/vd1gyw.jpg[/img]

Crouchie gets a haircut :P ...Apparently the good man's shop got destroyed during the recent attacks....

am sure the short guy is standing on a lil chair to cut crouch's hair :P

Edited by Keano

De Bruyne reveals Chelsea talks

Belgian midfielder Kevin de Bruyne hopes a deal can be agreed to take him to Chelsea after claiming that discussions are underway over a possible move.

"My manager went to Chelsea on Wednesday and discussions have been good," De Bruyne, currently out of action with a calf injury, told Extra Time

"Maybe by the end of the month a deal can be sorted out, because that would be a good thing for all three parties"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forlan reveals Inter offer

The Atletico Madrid hot-shot has revealed he has received an offer from Italian giants Inter Milan, with their striker Samuel Eto'o expected to join Russian club Anzhi Makhachkala.

"Yes, it's true I've received an offer from Inter. It's my dream to play in Milan," said the 32-year-old

I think Liverpool Management made Torres Leave Liverpool.When he and gerrard were in top form,they didnt sign big players,they didnt improve their squad i.e they didnt Invest when they had the best striker and best mid-fielder around.

Why would Torres stay at the club if the management isnt investing,i agree 100% percent with Torres when he left Liverpool.There was no other choice for him left.Look Pool Right now,they are out of the champs league,this year they have to fight really hard to get into the champs league.Therefore it would take some time for pool to be top again.Why would a player who deserves trophies wont leave the club when he sees a better opportunity else-where.If liverpool would have assured Torres that they will Invest and will become a top club who wants to win trophies again,Torres woudnt have left Pool.

I don't think we got short-changed in any way for Torres leaving the club, in fact Liverpool made a profit off him and the only person that suffered in that entire saga was Torres himself. He is a shadow of what he was when he came to Liverpool and now Suarez is flourishing while his replacement is showing mild signs of promise. We don't have Champions League football this year but that is not entirely the management's fault and I would blame it on a combination of Roy and the players themselves for not pulling up their socks and doing what they were paid to do. Some of the football in the first half of last season was the product of laziness and an overall childish behavior to bad times at the club. Then you get rid of Roy bring in Kenny and the resurgence was incredible. All of a sudden the 'same' players are gunning for the ball more. A player like Maxi who was dull under Roy is scoring a hat-trick, Kuyt is back to work-rates as usual and even a muppet like Glen J is playing a passing game. I think if Torres had hung around a bit longer then we might have seen him partner with Suarez and I can only have flights of fantasy to imagine what kind of linking play we'd see there. As it stands, none of that is going to be possible now and if a player wants to win trophies and sees greener grass elsewhere its something the club can remedy with money and reassurance but if they see a guy who is getting worse in his play with every game it works out in the club's best interest to off-load that player and move on. I still fail to see how Liverpool made a bad decision there as a club because with his departure the club got better, we have since signed a better midfield pack with some defensive stability that still needs improvement everyday and while we aren't in Champions League football, yet, the prospects of us seeing it all rest now on the investments we have made and the general wellness at the club both from the fans and the players. Alonso left Liverpool under similar circumstances and we suffered then, in my eyes Torres leaving hasn't had any detrimental impact on our attacking lineup, as a matter of fact, everyone else stepped up to the plate and put their best foot forward. I wish him no ill-will but I would like to say thank you for making the rest of the team better.

I don't think we got short-changed in any way for Torres leaving the club, in fact Liverpool made a profit off him and the only person that suffered in that entire saga was Torres himself. He is a shadow of what he was when he came to Liverpool and now Suarez is flourishing while his replacement is showing mild signs of promise. We don't have Champions League football this year but that is not entirely the management's fault and I would blame it on a combination of Roy and the players themselves for not pulling up their socks and doing what they were paid to do. Some of the football in the first half of last season was the product of laziness and an overall childish behavior to bad times at the club. Then you get rid of Roy bring in Kenny and the resurgence was incredible. All of a sudden the 'same' players are gunning for the ball more. A player like Maxi who was dull under Roy is scoring a hat-trick, Kuyt is back to work-rates as usual and even a muppet like Glen J is playing a passing game. I think if Torres had hung around a bit longer then we might have seen him partner with Suarez and I can only have flights of fantasy to imagine what kind of linking play we'd see there. As it stands, none of that is going to be possible now and if a player wants to win trophies and sees greener grass elsewhere its something the club can remedy with money and reassurance but if they see a guy who is getting worse in his play with every game it works out in the club's best interest to off-load that player and move on. I still fail to see how Liverpool made a bad decision there as a club because with his departure the club got better, we have since signed a better midfield pack with some defensive stability that still needs improvement everyday and while we aren't in Champions League football, yet, the prospects of us seeing it all rest now on the investments we have made and the general wellness at the club both from the fans and the players. Alonso left Liverpool under similar circumstances and we suffered then, in my eyes Torres leaving hasn't had any detrimental impact on our attacking lineup, as a matter of fact, everyone else stepped up to the plate and put their best foot forward. I wish him no ill-will but I would like to say thank you for making the rest of the team better.

no no i am not saying that Pool made a bad decision in selling Torres.I said that if they had invested when he was at the club then Liverpool would have certainly won some trophies.

Cesc will be always rem as an Arsenal legend IMO :majesty: ... don't understand why some of the fans are being so negative towards him :( ... he gave us 8 years of wonderful football. Yes he did cost us some money in this deal due to him favoring only Barca but surely you have to look past that and wish good luck to him wherever he goes.

Lovely video this :cry:

repped for the vid... :(

Eboue sold as well!

:happydance:

mel.... :chair: u high??? :chair:

Y U WRITE WALL OF TEXT??? :rant:

Edited by dabba

beeech... :chair:

i like reading ur posts... but not wall of text.... took me some time to focus n read thru that.... :rant:

although u have been posting the same thing ever since torres left... :harhar:

so err... i see ur wall to text n errr... find replace torres with fab... :scarerun:

Arsene Wenger is only selling players,when will he buy :threatenlumber:.The league is already started :threatenlumber:

He already said that he has bought a lot in Miyachi, Ox, Jenkison, Gervinho and according to him, Vermaelen, Frimpong, Gibbs are like new signings :wallbash: . He has been searching for "super quality" players somewhere for the last 2 months, I want to believe him every time but seriously its getting too frustrating :ranting:

He already said that he has bought a lot in Miyachi, Ox, Jenkison, Gervinho and according to him, Vermaelen, Frimpong, Gibbs are like new signings :wallbash: . He has been searching for "super quality" players somewhere for the last 2 months, I want to believe him every time but seriously its getting too frustrating :ranting:

In the last game,Arsenal lacked that cutting edge in the final third.We need some one like fabregas :( please some one come to arsenal :( cant see them getting screwed all the time be it refs,FA,players,etc :(

Gervinhio and Song also banned for 3 games by FA.

hope we do good tonight :(

Edited by hope

Finally the match is over. (Arseanl 1 - Udinese 0)

The midfield and Chamakh seriously suck. The whole game was so Un-Arsenal like, kept giving away possession.

Fortunately the defense and GK were good. Two more casualties in this match (Gibbs and Djourou off with injuries).