The Football Thread

Xeno

But this article dose not mention the fact we were bringing through our youth players at that time(giggs,Scholes,becks,butt and the Nevill brothers) and that all big teams spend money but they don't buy entire new squad like city. And that we bought rio,veron n Rooney fr 30+mil is cause we earned that money.

N we have the most expensive keeper and expensive teenager is because of teams like city who have inflated the transfer market.

you tokin about de gea?

Carrick has been inconsistent in many seasons since he signed. Nani has been exceptional and has always been in the top of the charts for assists. Hargreaves(although his presence in the 07-08 campaign was immense, with vital perfromances against Arsenal and in UCL KO phase) case is a sad one, if not for carrick in the team we would ve made the diff against the Barca in 08-09

FIXED :)

I'm not saying that at all rom.

I'm only saying that comparing the way United won all the titles and the way City is trying to, is not right.

I don't care that they buy all 25 players at ridiculous wages. They got the dough from their Abbas in UAE so they splurge. Just don't say that we won titles the same way. We have always spent money that we've earned.

We develop teams, City buys whole teams.

Chelsea, Real Madrid, PSG, Anzhi.

That is the state of football these days, you have to spend shitload of money to attract big players and win titles.

Edited by neoragexx

FIXED :)

yea, judge a players worth by one game. :doh:

by ur logic, drogba is a failure just because of that silly rush of blood moment in 07-08 final.

edit : posted from mobile and back on PC now and noticed that there is another bold part where you mentioned Carrick to be inconsistent regularly. no point discussing with someone that doesnt watch United matches regularly.

Edited by Keano

Chelsea, Real Madrid, PSG, Anzhi.

That is the state of football these days, you have to spend shitload of money to attract big players and win titles.

Chelsea and RM are different case then PSG and Anzhi and City.

Don't like city winning it. Thought it was hilarious how much money they had spent and how little return they had gotten up to this point. Hate the idea that some rich oil barons can come in and spend endless amounts of money to create a new contender out of nowhere, because they like the idea of having a football club for a play thing. Hated it when Abramovich did it and I hate now. It's so random - it just happened to be Manchester City because their owner, who had already been pumping loads of money into them, was being tried for corruption and was forced to sell. Yes, United also spend loads of money, but they generate as much. Hell, they probably would be able to spend more if their owners weren't in the red. Financial fair play should be sacrosanct throughout football - how much your club generates is how much you get to spend. The more clubs are taken over by billionaires, the less chance for others clubs to challenge. Just look at Germany - Bayern earn more revenue than half the other clubs combined. And yet, another team, having recently been driven to the brink of bankruptcy, decide to focus on youth and moneyball transfers, get a brilliant manager in, and return to dominance! Now that is brilliant, because they've earned it on their own.

• Like 1

Whether you like it or whether you dont

City are well set to win it unless Mark Hughes plays spoilsport .Ya they have spent a whole lot of money and its probably not the ethical way to win league titles but that does not change the fact that they have won it .

What pisses me the most regarding this discussion is why no one cried when Real were doing that in the Galactico Era and while Roman Abrahimovic is still spending the cash .Money buys success and City have done that .

The record books wont show City buying the title it will show City winning the league by the 2 wins over their closest rivals (If they do win it :P )

EPL is just business now,money is a part of it. Accept it and move on. :\

This

If you want to challenge for the title, you have to spend monies.

This but properly and not on overrated English players :P

Funnies part is city is still leading only by GD. :lol:

Mancini is one crap manager,he should go if city has to reach somewhere.

This.

this is the reason why i want him to remain their manager next season as well.

First of all, yes we have made big money signings in past 25 years. But how many of them?? Veron, Rooney, Rio. If any other then please tell me but never at any time have we bought an entire squad like City have and that too at such ridiculous prices.

second of all, why shouldn't we include the Class of 92 in there?? They've been responsible for most of the success in Fergie's time.

I am just saying youth is a moot point here cause we are arguing that City's money spending is not wrong. United have done the same in past its just well spread out cause back then there was nothing to challange them in the $$$ department.

Finally, you should be the last person to say all this when everyone here knows that you hate United more than you love Chelsea.

What ever gave you that idea :huh: ? I dont hate united, i dont hate any team, i love some united players like vidic, rooney and giggs. I also hate some united players like Rio and nani not least for their looks :P. I am just rooting for city to win the title cause i want someone else win it except your red army.

What ever gave you that idea :huh: ? I dont hate united, i dont hate any team, i love some united players like vidic, rooney and giggs. I also hate some united players like Rio and nani not least for their looks :P. I am just rooting for city to win the title cause i want someone else win it except your red army.

You were so excited whenever City pipped United during season that i thought u really hated United coz i knew you wouldn't support Shitty. :P

Whether you like it or whether you dont

City are well set to win it unless Mark Hughes plays spoilsport .Ya they have spent a whole lot of money and its probably not the ethical way to win league titles but that does not change the fact that they have won it .

What pisses me the most regarding this discussion is why no one cried when Real were doing that in the Galactico Era and while Roman Abrahimovic is still spending the cash .Money buys success and City have done that .

The record books wont show City buying the title it will show City winning the league by the 2 wins over their closest rivals (If they do win it :P )

Well atlest there is a difference between City and us. We were a decent top half team, regularly in 3-6th region before papa russian came, city were just leapfrogged above everyone else after the arabs. Also the whole media is bias for the beautiful continental game, Barca spends like crazy (zlatan deal anyone ?) but they can mask it by their la msia products. Its really perplexing that why Real Madrid goes unscathed.

You were so excited whenever City pipped United during season that i thought u really hated United coz i knew you wouldn't support Shitty. :P

i am a one team man yo ! blue (chelsea wala) since 02, and also cause one of my best friends is a hardcore utd supporter. its always nice to show him down :)

Edited by Nemo

to all who look down upon EPL.

538638_3379655125087_1080673253_2980524_511473600_n.jpg

EPL, best league ever ! :majesty:

Bundesliga - where any can beat any one with better scoreline

la liga 06-07 - difference between top 12 [ie 1 and 12th] teams was 10 points for most of the season

Stupid facts i know just like the one you have posted.

Credits where its due but epl has been the best league in the last 5 years which i wont argue with, but i hope this will change

Edited by 'Pranay

Apparently Arsenal have signed Yann M'villa!! I am excited if that turns out to be true!!

:exoticdance: Even i heard about some rumours that a new signing will be revealed few days after WBA game. Hope this is the one :bigyellowgrin:

@YouAreMyArsenal We have been told that #Arsenal have secured the deal for Yann MVilla is not contingent on CL play. Contract believe to be around £60-70k a week, 4 year deal, with a fee being batted around of £16-18mil. Would be a record signing.

Edited by Mr.Copyright©