The Football Thread

Xeno

used the google search on the top with keyword as "who posted" .. got many results and the URL seems to be identical except the thread no changing in all the threads. you can use the URL along with various thread numbers i guess.

thread number are there in every URL.

fergie goes jose way smilie-gross_305.gif

Sir Alex Ferguson claims his side don't get big refereeing decisions their way after 1-0 defeat to Arsenal

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson bemoaned a lack of consistency in awarding big decisions after he saw his side slip up in the title race after losing 1-0 to Arsenal at the Emirates on Sunday.

The big talking point post match was the two denied penalty claims, one for either side.

Nemanja Vidic appeared to deflect a Theo Walcott cross out of the path of the diving Robin Van Persie with his hand in the first half before Gael Clichy felled Michael Owen in the Arsenal penalty area inside the last 10 minutes. Neither decision was given.

Ferguson admitted that he wasn’t surprised to see either decision not given as the game was "too big", and complained that United often come off the worse in these decisions.

"I've seen the two incidents and the first one was definitely a flick of the hand from Vidic. I never saw it, neither did the linesman or the referee, but the second one was a clear penalty kick," Ferguson told Sky Sports.

"But you're not going to get decisions like that in the big games. They are too big a games and we don't seem to get the decisions.

"But the one at the end was obvious, even [Gael] Clichy put his hands up in horror.

"It balances out in that respect and I think it was a flick of the hand from Vidic, but it was difficult to see. [Robin] Van Persie was the only one to see it as only he complained."

The loss now means that Chelsea can go above United on goal difference if they are triumphant at Old Trafford next Sunday.

"It gives Chelsea a major chance now. They got some great decisions yesterday [against Tottenham] and we don't seem to be getting these decisions at the moment. They got one or two last season at Old Trafford, so that's a worry.

"At the game at Old Trafford, the League at stake. We will be ready for it. Go and win it, that's the name of the game. Our home record is fantastic.

"I've got to make a selection decision on Wednesday in terms of that game and a fresh team for Sunday."

Focussing on the game, Ferguson bemoaned his side’s energy in the first half, and spoke of a mix-up in delivering a vital tactical message to his players that, he believes, allowed goalscorer Aaron Ramsey the space to slot home the winner.

"We didn't start playing until we lost the goal. Edwin van der Sar has not had to [make a] save the whole game.

"The weakest thing for us and the mistake we made, which was disappointing, was when I had the substition [just before the goal] we never got the message across [about switching players' positions] and it freed Ramsey to score the goal. That was just a bad break for us but after that we dominated and think we deserved something.

"We didn't use the ball properly and didn't play well enough in the first half. We didn't do that. But, once we lost the goal we were in their half for most of the time."

My link

I'm going to bite my tongue on the finals day but I actually want United to win the UCL title now. After Biscuits, Pedro and Alves did what they did I hope they get it back in spades.

Barcelona v Real Madrid line-ups

Barcelona: Valdes, Dani Alves, Mascherano, Pique, Puyol, Xavi, Busquets, Iniesta, Villa, Messi, Pedro. Subs: Olazabal, Jeffren, Keita, Afellay, Abidal, Fontas, Thiago.

Real Madrid: Casillas, Arbeloa, Carvalho, Albiol, Marcelo, Diarra, Alonso, Ronaldo, Kaka, Di Maria, Higuain. Subs: Dudek, Benzema, Granero, Garay, Ozil, Adebayor, Nacho.

hopefully this will turn out a classic...i just wish ,real get an early goal :wOOtjumpy: