The Football Thread

Xeno

And that's when teams get hit the most. Opening slots for even the best defenders can leave them left-footed. I would say we have a very good midfield at the moment but sometimes you watch them play and the real-estate opened up in the DMF position will come back and bite us hard. All it takes is someone who can operate in that area of the pitch and then they look around and say wow now I have acres to do what I do best.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/947105/man-city's-roberto-mancini:-arsenal's-samir-nasri-must-not-play?cc=4716

Not to give credit to the 'wonderful' reporting that ESPN does but Mancini's plans to integrate Nasri into the team for European battles would become moot if he does play against the Italian side.

Some of the wing-play from United has been stellar in the first half. The conversion on the other hand is something else. Spurs defense is holding up but one can only ask for how long with all that pressure.