The Football Thread

Xeno

I think the only weakness I saw today was the goalkeeper. Feed him some beef and make him watch the Arnie video lol but the rest was very inspiring. Arsenal has its work cut-out for them but then again this could also get dismantled but I doubt it.

Welbeck was average before he scored the goal, But after that he was 3 times better player.

Link up play and passing were brilliant in the second half.

Surely with Cleverly and Young in the team, we are creating many opportunities to score. Thats a great sign.

De Gea needs to bulk up fast, else Bolton,Stoke,WBA,Aston Villa, etc or any other physical team with direct play or team good a crosses, will surely trouble the young boy.

Din watch the match as I had some commitments early in the morning today .. as expected

same old spurs .. always bending at OT :P

how did De Gea do in the match ? Any decent saves ? how did the set pieces go ?

Tottenham has one thing to cheer upon. United face Arsenal next :devil: at OT

Howard Webb to ref the match :rolleyes:

edit :

At an average age of 23 years and 191 days, Manchester United field their second youngest line-up in the Premier League tonight.

:wub:

Edited by Keano

If anyone is looking for highlights .. let me know. Just got 30 mins sky sports highlights.

BTW, United confirmed new deals with DHL and some Viatnamese telecom company .. Sneijder incoming ? :naughty:

Edited by Keano

My first visit to Old Trafford and what a day it was... Fantastic second half by United. A big 3-0!

As soon as I reached my seat, I saw a cover with a complementary scarf with "Champ19s" on it.... Courtesy: DHL. The stadium and the cacophony at Old Trafford is truly exceptional. The supporters at Stretford End are the craziest. Spent some time with them at the United pub singing United chants... The seats at the stadium are strategically placed and provide a great view of all the action. Brilliant in the sense that you can see almost everything from every corner. I was a bit skeptical cause my seat was at the top tier but the whole match was visible nicely and my binoculars were rendered useless (except when I wanted to watch the players celebrate or take corners).

Now speaking of the match, De Gea needs to find some sort of an authoritative presence in the box very soon... He almost cost us another goal today after a lob into the box slipped between his fingers (thankfully the shot on goal rattled the cross bar). Regarding other player performances, I felt the back 4 did a phenomenal job. Phil Jones sliding tackle to deny a Tottenham player a shot on goal was met with an appreciative roar by the crowd. That tackle gave me immense joy. All I can say is that our defense looks safe under this young contingent.

Speaking of Young, the new number 18 is electric when he is on the ball... Bundle of energy and a great delivery at the end of it. Was surprised to see Chicharito play today. But he was lively as usual. Anderson I think was really effective in both the halves of the game. Very calm and spraying passes at ease. Cleverley still needs time. Welbeck was hassling the opponents in the first half but after his goal, he was playing exceptionally well. That back heel to set Ando up for an easy goal :majesty:

All in all great experience. I am going to OT again for the Arsenal match... Hope to have more fun this time. :wOOtjumpy:

PS: About the Sneijder pics, lemme tell you - I hit a few pubs before the match and found atleast 5 Sneijder look-alikes. My friend says it's an omen... :lol:

Edited by SchneideR

What a second half :majesty: , glimpses of the old United. Who needs Sneijder , Cleverly is here. :bigyellowgrin:

The United bench strength this season. :O , looks like all the crazy action is gonna be in Manchester only this season :P

De Gea :fear:

What a second half :majesty: , glimpses of the old United. Who needs Sneijder , Cleverly is here. :bigyellowgrin:

The United bench strength this season. :O , looks like all the crazy action is gonna be in Manchester only this season :P

De Gea :fear:

It's CleverlEy.

:fear:

:giggle:

Edited by Keano

Awesome performance by Man U yesterday...

:majesty::majesty::majesty::majesty:

As for us-nothings lost yet....still long way to go...

PS-De Gea looked worst than Gomes yesterday.....I dont know why SAF buys GK so young....

I am sure you din see United' last two matches before palying Spurs. De Gea has been better yesterday and he has the ager on his side and he will improve.

I watched the highlights and they showed VDS along with Gill in the stadium - What a legend he has been. :majesty: you wont know the true value of a player until you no longer have him.

Spurs' season hasnt started yet. They do know that they only compete in 37 matches every season and they still have those 37 matches this year. :rolleyes:

the one at OT :ha:

Edited by Keano

I am sure you din see United' last two matches before palying Spurs. De Gea has been better yesterday and he has the ager on his side and he will improve.

I watched the highlights and they showed VDS along with Gill in the stadium - What a legend he has been. :majesty: you wont know the true value of a player until you no longer have him.

Spurs' season hasnt started yet. They do know that they only compete in 37 matches every season and they still have those 37 matches this year. :rolleyes:

the one at OT :ha:

we always choke at OT....I dont know what Harry is doing abt...I mean he's won at OT with teams like Portsmouth and not Spurs... :doh:

Also i am really happy for Danny Welbeck...what a talent... :hi2: ...I said that when i saw him playing for sunderland...

There at Sunderland he didnt really gel in with the team but here at Man U he's really showing what he can do..