The Careers Thread

MarketTantrik

20 minutes ago, adity said:

Bhai can you please explain what all is needed to get into an IIM.
I'm doing CA currently and am really keen on getting an MBA.
I've got decent acads. 90 percent in both 10th and 12th. Problem is I got bad marks in graduation (around 55) because of my office. Does that kill my prospects of an IIM?
If i get good CAT percentile, can i still get into IIM?

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

With 55 in grad, getting in IIM Ahmedabad, Bangalore and Indore is not possible. You can get into Calcutta with 99 plus percentile. Same goes for Lucknow and Kozhikode. You should also aim for FMS with is at par or better than all iims,except ABC. Then there are new iims where you can get into easily with 97 plus percentile. Interviews play a huge role. Advantage that you have is that you are from commerce background (like me). We get some diversity marks.

Edited by Sach4life

1 minute ago, adity said:

Thing is, I don't wanna do MBA just for the sake of doing it. I feel getting into newer IIMs would be pointless as i can earn more or less the same money even without the MBA. I'm thinking of doing CFA after my CA as I'm looking to get into equity research or trading.
Thanks for your insight and congrats on your achievement.
Btw are you CA? I think you mentioned that you were giving finals in other thread.
Quite an impressive CV you're building there.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

Na na. I am not CA. But i will give cfa level 1 exam this december. New iims are not that bad,especially considering how i am going to Kozhikode after spending 10 days in a new iim. They are rapidly growing both in terms of quality and placements. But yeah, older iims are in a separate league. With 99 plus percentile, you should be able to get into a old iim, as long as your interview goes well.

• 2 months later...

guys, anyone interested in game testing job? GlobalStep is hiring, they have walk-in interview at their Pune office, i have applied for the same. check their website for more details. i have submitted resume online today, maybe on Monday i would go there, anyone wanna join? IVG Pune members? titman where u at broda? also, anyone working there? or does anyone have any contacts over there?

details

• 2 weeks later...

okay, so, got a call from maybe HR of UBISoft, Pune, for the job of video game tester, will get a call again tomorrow from technical person...so they offered like 2L p.a and will be on contract basis wherein at the end of one year contract they will evaluate the performance and then make the decision of making me permanent or not, and they want me to relocate to Pune, as that's where the studio is, well i am fine with relocating to Pune, but the salary is somewhat disheartening :| 

any expert comments?

also, i am yet to go to GlobalTech Pune for their job offering for the same position (mentioned in earlier post, details in previous page), don't know how much they gonna payout :| but if it's like UBI's offering, then i will have to reconsider getting into game testing :( and look elsewhere maybe :( 

11 hours ago, Pushy said:

okay, so, got a call from maybe HR of UBISoft, Pune, for the job of video game tester, will get a call again tomorrow from technical person...so they offered like 2L p.a and will be on contract basis wherein at the end of one year contract they will evaluate the performance and then make the decision of making me permanent or not, and they want me to relocate to Pune, as that's where the studio is, well i am fine with relocating to Pune, but the salary is somewhat disheartening :| 

any expert comments?

also, i am yet to go to GlobalTech Pune for their job offering for the same position (mentioned in earlier post, details in previous page), don't know how much they gonna payout :| but if it's like UBI's offering, then i will have to reconsider getting into game testing :( and look elsewhere maybe :( 

Thanks for putting all the info here man, really appreciate it. Originally i thought you were from Pune itself.

However i am with @adity here that what they are offering is not much. :mellow:

On 10/12/2017 at 7:02 PM, Pushy said:

any expert comments?

Since you want to work in Gaming sector. I can suggest one company called "Babel Media" Last time I checked they were in need of console gaming tester not sure if the vacancy is still open but you can try searching on google.

Check out their website : Babel

• Like 1

On 10/12/2017 at 7:02 PM, Pushy said:

any expert comments?

2L p.a too low for a company that don't give regional pricing in India. If they charge US prices on Indians then they need to give salary according to US wage law

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Engineer said:

2L p.a too low for a company that don't give regional pricing in India. If they charge US prices on Indians then they need to give salary according to US wage law

2 lpa is extremely low for any decent company.

But that logic was.... ?

anyhu, just got back from a trip, meanwhile dad had got a call from them(i have Jio, so i gave them my old old number, which is used by le dad), he told that i was out of station, so they said they would again after 4-5 days, so what am i supposed to say if the salary is negotiable or not and if not then how to reject the offer?

On 10/18/2017 at 2:12 PM, Engineer said:

lol

On 10/21/2017 at 4:56 PM, Pushy said:

so what am i supposed to say if the salary is negotiable or not and if not then how to reject the offer

tell them you're expecting <your amount> and if they can't match that then will not be accepting the offer

• Like 1