Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HundredProofSam

Amazon orders

2156 posts in this topic

I think Amazon will have the record right?

I haven't ordered any electronics.

i ordered an Ipod touch from amazon US. got it shipped to a friend in US and he will be getting it to India. i had selected as gift while ordering. so now will it have any proof of purchase with it??

Thank You.

you mean to say if we select anything as gift from amazon,then it wont have a invoice!!? if yes then what about proof of purchase for warranty purpose?? :nerves:

Thank You.

i ordered an Ipod touch from amazon US. got it shipped to a friend in US and he will be getting it to India. i had selected as gift while ordering. so now will it have any proof of purchase with it??

Thank You

iPod Touch carries one year International warranty. You don't need proof of purchase/invoice to claim warranty.

iPod Touch carries one year International warranty. You don't need proof of purchase/invoice to claim warranty.

Is 1 year calculated from the day i register my iPod on iTunes? i mean do they track sale date via Serial Number??

Thank You.

Edited by Prathap

Is 1 year calculated from the day i register my iPod on iTunes? i mean do they track sale date via Serial Number??

Thank You.

Yea, serial number is all they need to check warranty status, date of purchase etc. If you have serial number of your iPod Touch, you can check warranty status online on Apple's stie.

wait a second ? an amazon thread. i read few posts . but can any1 confirm ?

Amazon actually ships to india ????? (anything ???? )

any details appreciated. thanks

ive ordered previously from play-asia before . i ended up ordering Rs. 10000+ and i had duty :( . Rs. 2000 stuff . duty free.......

plz do tell about amazon

^ Amazon also now ships games to India, but only if you used expedited shipping. Plus they charge a fee for duty deposit, which is refunded to you if no custom duties are levied in India. Makes sense for US versions of limited edition games, but not much more. Might buy the LBP2 collector's edition from there.

Has anyone ordered from Amazon via standard shipping lately? Does the stuff get here and how long does it take?

My lost two orders were lost and Amazon had given me a refund. I've ordered a couple of things recently and they were shipped on Dec 23.

^ Amazon also now ships games to India, but only if you used expedited shipping. Plus they charge a fee for duty deposit, which is refunded to you if no custom duties are levied in India. Makes sense for US versions of limited edition games, but not much more. Might buy the LBP2 collector's edition from there.

Has anyone ordered from Amazon via standard shipping lately? Does the stuff get here and how long does it take?

My lost two orders were lost and Amazon had given me a refund. I've ordered a couple of things recently and they were shipped on Dec 23.

I had bought Planet Earth as I mentioned above via standard shipping.. It arrived safely in 16 days (Bangalore) but customs charged 540 Rs for it :(.. Yeah I wanted to buy LBP2 Collectors edition too. but no rokda right now :(

Edited by Jeba

Makes sense for US versions of limited edition games, but not much more. Might buy the LBP2 collector's edition from there.

no actually . i dont get it . it makes sense otherwise too . because the rate for inception blu ray in india is Rs 1500 (35$ish) . and on amazon its listed as $19.99 + 4.99$ + 3.99$ (shipping + item something) = Rs. 1300 something . still cheapr than india! and i dont mind waiting . (not to mention its a double disc edition compared to the single disc edition (both standard ) )

so whats the catch here ? is there a duty on this also . i am pretty sure there is no duty if stuff is less Rs. 10000 . i have ordered a special edition thingy from Play-Asia. and it came to me duty free. (by post) . it was like 60$ 70 $ something. and i have checked around a lot . i came across everywhere that duty is levied if stuff exceeds Rs. 10000. so unless something is new or something i dont know . this is confusing!! plz do tell if im missing something here

Ordered Inception Breifcase Edition from Amazon and it was shipped on 24th Dec. Hope the customs will be under Rs.500 when it arrives :|

I had bought Planet Earth as I mentioned above via standard shipping.. It arrived safely in 16 days (Bangalore) but customs charged 540 Rs for it :(.. Yeah I wanted to buy LBP2 Collectors edition too. but no rokda right now :(

can you tell its price please ? lets just clear the duty confusions. to the best of my knowledge ( as said above also) . there should be NO DUTY if stuff is below Rs. 10000.

also . if any of you have ordered before ? . how exactly the order arrives . thru some courier (fedex etc.) or by post . coz from playasia i had ordered a 60$ thing by post . no duty . then i ordered stuff exceeded Rs. 10000 . but i chose fedex that time . Duty! . so im wondering whether duty thing would happen if i chose normal post .

i mean . i havent checked out IMport forum clearly . but im sure you guys heard of www.20north.com . the site speciliases in sending stuff from US to India . including the duty+shipping calculation on the site itself . no other bother. thts where i read about the duty limit being Rs. 10000. below that the item can be tagged as gift and reach us duty free and thus . while placing the order online . the duty amount is 0 ! and it reached to us . without any extra cost . in other cases duty is calculated on site itself . paid there . and the actual duty is handled by 20north people.

so amazon doesnt do that ? . isnt 20north better then ? . coz as an exampled i happened to search inception . and the same product is there on both sites . now amazon i dont know yet . 20north sounds better here .

i wanna start ordering stuff . need your experience and suggestions guys . ty

Duty doesn't work that way here. There is some obscure rule which says that any DVD/Game comes under luxury and any item under the luxury section can be dutied. I remember reading this somewhere.

And duty depends on your luck. I have had to pay duties of Rs.400 on a Rs.700 worth used game and I have also received a 4 disc box Blu Ray box set without any duties. But there are less chances of duty if you stay in Delhi/Mumbai instead of Bangalore/Chennai.

Edited by Dark_Knight

Duty doesn't work that way here. There is some obscure rule which says that any DVD/Game comes under luxury and any item under the luxury section can be dutied. I remember reading this somewhere.

And duty depends on your luck. I have had to pay duties of Rs.400 on a Rs.700 worth used game and I have also received a 4 disc box Blu Ray box set without any duties. But there are less chances of duty if you stay in Delhi/Mumbai instead of Bangalore/Chennai.

hmmm . so duty is luck then . :( . weird . i prefer definitive knowledge. coz even i have received a 70$ game dvd duty free.

by the way . do tell if your Rs. 700 thing came from post or courier?

Post. I have never imported from couriers. All my imports have been through either ordinary post or registered post. And tipping the postman Rs.20 - Rs.30 almost always hastens up the delivery of the package.

For me it doesn't make sense to import something that is Rs.200 - Rs.300 more here. I only import stuff that has a price difference of ~1k or if the item isn't available here.

Post. I have never imported from couriers. All my imports have been through either ordinary post or registered post. And tipping the postman Rs.20 - Rs.30 almost always hastens up the delivery of the package.

For me it doesn't make sense to import something that is Rs.200 - Rs.300 more here. I only import stuff that has a price difference of ~1k or if the item isn't available here.

wait....... so how exactly the duty was levied on you ?

you paid online .received thru post . ?

or u had to pay the post man ?

DK, good buy on the briefcase. Amazon UK? Damn good collectible

Yup. Amazon UK. It's quite cheap actually. It's 24.93pounds IIRC.

Just hoping that it arrives soon and the duty is below 500 :nerves:

wait....... so how exactly the duty was levied on you ?

you paid online .received thru post . ?

or u had to pay the post man ?

I first paid for the order online. Then the duty was levied separately and I had to pay the postman. That's how it works.