PlayStation Vita Thread

Cash

Yeah heard a lot of good things. I've downloaded it but yet to start. I'm determined to clear some of my backlog first. Velocity 2x will have to sit on my vita for now along with joe danger, bl2 and some other

Network Media Player App Heading to PS Vita Soon

It was revealed in a recent PlayStation Blog post that a new Network Media Player app will soon be available for both the PS Vita and the new PlayStation TV. This will allow you to connect your Vita to a media server over a network. The news was featured in a post concerning the capabilities of the upcoming PlayStation TV.

According to the blog post:

“The Network Media Player can be used to view photos and stream music and videos from a media server located on your home network. You can also copy photos, music and video files from the media server to your system. Further details about this app will be shared at a later date.”

Currently, Vita owners are able to stream and copy media content with a PC using the Content Manager Assistant program that needs to be installed on the PC.

Oddly, there is no mention of the app coming to North America. Despite the NA post being a near-duplicate of the EU one, all mention of the Network Media Player app has been removed. It gets even odder when you consider that, in regards to streaming media from a server, the NA post bluntly says, “No, the PS TV system does not support client functionality for media servers.” This is in contradiction to the EU site which states, “The Network Media Player (coming soon to PS TV and PS Vita) can be used to access media servers over a network.” Both answers were given after being asked if PS TV would support media servers.

And while the post was PS TV specific, the Vita was mentioned as receiving the app in Europe. Hopefully this is just an oversight and that the app will be heading to PS Vitas in every region in the near future.

Streaming-app-EU.jpg

Source : The Vita Lounge

it is the same as the console version and not the mobile version.. The game is an open sandbox and you need set your own goals.. Its like Virtual Lego. If that sounds good then get it especially if you have someone else who is also interested..

it is the same as the console version and not the mobile version.. The game is an open sandbox and you need set your own goals.. Its like Virtual Lego. If that sounds good then get it especially if you have someone else who is also interested..

Hmmm... I think I'll pass.... Might pick it up later during a sale or something just to try it out.

Thanks for the explanation, tho! :good:

Played TTR with Sato last night. Game has great online. Its real fun with missiles and other weapons.

Also played KZM with Velivolus. Man we kicked a*s the first few games on Warzone. But then we got our a*s handed to us by a bunch of really good guys :fear:

Yeah.... But KZ:M is killer fun man! Wanna try SS with someone from IVG.

And you deleted it? :doh:

Yep but the good news is that I have a backup on the PC so I'll copy it back :lol: . BTW do you know if it needs an update patch to be downloaded because I can't remember.

Archived