Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cash

PlayStation Vita Thread

5612 posts in this topic

Funny how we can live with androids that barely touch the 4 hr "Screen On Time" but a Vita draws scorn.

A portable "gaming" console with graphics touted to match the ps3 ought to be battery-intensive.

Is the battery removable? I saw a cradle somewhere and I hope the battery is a removable one.

ya but if i am trave;;ing long distance, i can't even finish one single games even with periodic breaks. Lets hope the official battery packs are out soon.

This is gonna be absolutely TRUE...

still love the origy psp. than the cheap looking psp slim etc...

Likewise. The next revisions will suck wrt build quality.

Why is everyone assuming that the next revision would be cheap in terms of build quality? Sony must have learnt their lesson by now and I doubt they would take the same route.

yup like they learnt with the pricing.

Why is everyone assuming that the next revision would be cheap in terms of build quality? Sony must have learnt their lesson by now and I doubt they would take the same route.

It will be the case. Always has been. And it's not just with consoles. Even the Xperia arc S was made of breakable plastic sh*t vs the Xperia arc. And in the case of the PSP series it did work, making things cheaper as time went by. The transition from the PSP-1001 to the E series has been horrific in terms of consumer experience but has worked in their favor of earning more per unit.

Keep in mind that the Indian consumer always gets fecked up when it comes to prices. It would be stupid of Sony not to have priced it in such a manner especially after having seen people pay exorbitant amounts on overspeced cellphones. Sony always uses skimming strategy wherin it targets the rich consumers and adjusts the prices accordingly in a few months time. The US price doesn't bother many now, does it?

Edited by Threepwood

Did you forget that PSP had a 1:30 - 2:00 battery life?

What? Unless the battery life was improved in PSP 3001, this is a wrong statement. My PSP 3001 lasts 3-5 hrs if playing downloaded games. UMD sucks battery more, but I play the games downloaded from PSN.

the overspeced phones are more or less priced lesser the international prices, save for iphone.

You own a Note. It's tough to take you seriously. That's not a phone. That's overcompensation.

Don't tase me bro/