Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cash

PlayStation Vita Thread

5612 posts in this topic

The CPU ARM® Cortex™-A9 core (4 cores) is basically OVERKILL but not as powerful as the PS3's Cell Processor. The Sony NGP's CPU is a quad core which essentially means it's powerful as **** than those other handheld devices (e.g. iPhone 4, iPad, Samsung Galaxy). This CPU is very similar to PC architecture so it will not be difficult to use than the Cell Processor.

The GPU SGX543MP4+ is a graphics multi-processor (4 cores) that is also OVERKILL. Just like it's CPU, it's powerful as ****. The GPU is actually more powerful than the PS3's RSX GPU. I wouldn't be surprised to see games on the Sony NGP to look graphically better than the PS3

Expected price: 25k

I doubt the GPS features works in India when and if this thing comes to India. Also is it me or NGP looks so fragile -drop it once and ur out of 25K+. Those analog sticks will break so easily in pockets sticking out and that shiny glossy surface going to get gunky realy fast <_<

Nihilistic Software behind Resistance NGP

The new Resistance title confirmed for Sony's just-announced NGP portable is being developed by Nihilistic Software, not franchise creator Insomniac Games.

Insomniac announced on its Twitter feed that the California-based studio behind forthcoming PlayStation 3 title Move Heroes and 2009 Xbox Live Arcade shoot 'em up Zombie Apocalypse will be taking over the reins.

Nothing more is known about the game just yet, other than it will be a brand new title rather than a port of an existing Resistance game.

Insomniac's next contribution to the FPS franchise will be Resistance 3, due for release on PlayStation 3 this Autumn.

It looks really nice.

But it will need a big a*s battery to get any decent playtime.

An impressive level of power like this may suggest that NGP will offer a low battery life - a crucial point bearing in mind reports that Nintendo's 3DS has a minimum of three hours playtime. Again, as we pointed out in our original In Theory piece on PSP2 and DS2, a 45nm PowerVR quad-core chip would still occupy a lower area of silicon than the original PSP's graphics chip did. It would also make sense for Sony to be cutting costs still further by integrating CPU and GPU into one SoC - just as Apple did with the A4 chip. Plus we'd expect a more refined fabrication process, perhaps 28nm based on current trends with mobile chipsets.

Another point that works to Sony's advantage is the basic size and shape of the device. Bearing in mind that NGP is going to be significantly larger than a mobile phone, it stands to reason that there would be more room for a larger battery too. All of this can help offset the inclusion of a quad core CPU, so a four to five hour NGP battery life doesn't seem unreasonable and would be equivalent to the original PSP.

Its funny how almost every component of a portable system is advancing so fast, but the basic battery tech is still stuck in the last century with only minor improvements.

Slight OT but love your avatar. I am using that image (complete version) as a wallpaper on my phone and Desktop.

tbh i got this wallpaper from that thread madhav made,i guess you posted there.. So yea thank you even i am in love this thing.