Rumor: PS3 Timed Exclusive For Resident Evil 6?

@shadoken You're scared Ninja Theory is working on the next RE. Remember Silicon Knights / Too Human? They had attack mapped to the movement button - the complete opposite of everything RE stands for.

And it was an innovative move forward. Just because one game strays from the holy path, you put it to flame, don't you?

RE5 was as safe as any game could be, not a bad game mind you but just so completely by the numbers.

So whoever does it has my blessing for trying something/anything new. Including right stick combat. :P

And it was an innovative move forward. Just because one game strays from the holy path, you put it to flame, don't you?

And how did it work out for Too Human?

RE5 was as safe as any game could be, not a bad game mind you but just so completely by the numbers.

So whoever does it has my blessing for trying something/anything new. Including right stick combat. :P

And call the protagonist Edward and give him a sword :roflroll:

These RPG players, I tell you. So resistant to change. So afraid of anything new.

smh

I am all for new stuff - KOTOR is new. I like it :bigyellowgrin:

They need to give this to bethesda or wherever the f**k Shinji mikami is.... srsly either that or make RE6 a fighting game , thats the only decent games capcom can do this gen by themselves anyway :lol: .... they already have chris,wesker and jill just put in the rest and call it RE6 :rolleyes:

I played the demo of FNR4 and not my cup of tea. But it's a different kind of game where the main movement is in the body. Combining movement + combat in one stick forces me to play in a particular manner. That's blasphemy in RPGs.

Bah! Who cares? No one gives a rat's a*s about timed exclusive on 360, even though they are atleast worthwhile! PS3 games are not worth buying day 1 anyways! because I dont even have a PS3. I also dont play any games on my 3shitty anyways cuz I'm wayyyy too busy getting looted by auto-wallas in chennai.

Fixed :)

Right stick combat can work. It can actually give you more options than a standard button press. You can align your slashes and blocks. The implementation was wrong in TH. I still think its worth looking into. Esp for games that have slow combat.

If you combine it with the (eg) left trigger you can even leave the right stick free for camera orientation.

I played the demo of FNR4 and not my cup of tea. But it's a different kind of game where the main movement is in the body. Combining movement + combat in one stick forces me to play in a particular manner. That's blasphemy in RPGs.

Not really. Think back to how it was implemented in Too Human again. It was designed to ease off button mashing. If it was only a combat based RPG, your point could be worth considering, but the game has other attack elements too. It was rather nice for me. You do see the hero slashing air occassionally, but hey, it's a game ;)

Archived