Microsoft hiring 'next generation' Xbox developers

kaha tha shantu bhai itna din. :hug:

:hug: idhar hi.. but not posting much..

insider news :naughty:

no insider news.. :P just common sense..

Exhibits:

A. They are hiring top positions right now (architects/VPs etc). These generally come at the early stages of the projects and these people then seed the rest of the team.

B. They are hiring VLSI engineers. which means even the chip design level work is not done yet.

C. Even the fickle devices like phones and tablets that you see start semiconductor level designs a good 2-3 years beforehand. And this is when a lot of the stuff is taken off the shelf. Consoles have to stay in the markets for much longer, have much much more complexity and have a lot of custom hardware, have much more custom software, need lot more QA, and need to give lot of extra time to developers to have titles ready for launch, near launch. So, if they are starting now (or started, say, an year or two ago), they still have a good 3-4 years at least to go before they can make an offering to the people.

Edit: btw, one more thing. Xbox comes from MSFT E&D division. WP7 comes from MSFT E&D division. Do you know how many years of development it took before the first WP7 device came out in the market? ;)

Uncharted 2 still looks better than most games out there, and looking at games like Killzone 3, you really can't say that console games aren't up to the mark visually. And they will still push the current hardware further.

Although I can see why someone who doesn't own a PS3 would want the next wave of consoles. They should buy a PS3 instead. If it's just about graphics, buy a decent PC. Either way, just better graphics is not reason enough to call for next gen consoles. Aside from the quality and economical aspects, it's simply not the top priority for most gamers.

what i think:

aint happenin kinect just came out. MSFT will wait for saturation (and where is the killer app).

maybe they are making something more revolutionary, like console(or what ever the gonna call) not based on local removable media storage.

OnLive competition anyone :wOOtjumpy:

Uncharted 2 still looks better than most games out there, and looking at games like Killzone 3, you really can't say that console games aren't up to the mark visually. And they will still push the current hardware further.

Although I can see why someone who doesn't own a PS3 would want the next wave of consoles. They should buy a PS3 instead.

Kya baat bula......+1 repped. :hug:

Although I can see why someone who doesn't own a PS3 would want the next wave of consoles. They should buy a PS3 instead. If it's just about graphics, buy a decent PC. Either way, just better graphics is not reason enough to call for next gen consoles. Aside from the quality and economical aspects, it's simply not the top priority for most gamers.

Kya baat bula......+1 repped. :hug:

Well at least you caught something. :lol:

good then, so is there a way to confirm that next gen will not have sh*t sequels, have you developed eight arms recently, O_o

Ok let me put it more simply.

In my opinion, throwing in new hardware is the best way (right now) to get lazy developers to stop sh*ting out sequels every alternate year reusing the same engine. Count how many sequel franchise games are coming out this year that had prequels in 2009. Notice how all of them look pretty much like a level out of the 2009 version of the game with minor changes. People give CoD sh*t but this is no different is it?

Guess what. sh*t sequels will always be there. But at least they dont all have to be the same game over and over with slightly different levels. Better hardware lets you do more. You can put more people in a MP game. You can make a good looking game that isnt a boxed corridor because the hardware currently doesnt allow the consoles room to breathe.

Let me ask you. In your opinion whats the alternative? Keep making games for the current gen forever? Whats your threshold? At what point would you say, "Right thats it. Lets get some new hardware in."?

And please dont blurt out the vague "in 2-3 years" nonsense. What exactly will change in 2-3 years? Is that the point when you get sick of the same looking games being crapped out every alternate year?

Whats your threshold? At what point would you say, "Right thats it. Lets get some new hardware in."?

right when the developers feel that they have fully harnessed the hardware and cannot make an engine that utilizes the hardware better. that is the dead end then

and in case you did not realize, the engines are still being tweaked and in fact even created for this gen of consoles, so clearly there is room for improvement in utilizing the hardware

most sequels DO createa new engine or use a new one to look better or add more innovation, maybe marginal but yes there IS difference

as long as there is place for that, i do not see any reason for a new hardware

and if you think that people are crazy for graphics or any other similar jazz, then you need to know that Wii still is more units shipped than PS360 and PS2 still sells a lot

right when the developers feel that they have fully harnessed the hardware and cannot make an engine that utilizes the hardware better. that is the dead end then

:lol: Seriously?

Ok so lets be more specific. Which developer? If one developer says that they are maximizing XYZ console to the limit, will you go ahead with the next gen? Or does it have to be some specific developer? Maybe a group of them?

What if one developers says it and another refutes it?

and in case you did not realize, the engines are still being tweaked and in fact even created for this gen of consoles, so clearly there is room for improvement in utilizing the hardware

most sequels DO createa new engine or use a new one to look better or add more innovation, maybe marginal but yes there IS difference

This one is even more ridiculous. So just as long as they can make "marginal" differences you are happy to keep buying the same game over and over till infinity?

Again bringing in the CoD example, from CoD 4 to BO they keep making minor tweaks here and there and each successive game looks a little better. I am sure they can keep doing this for another decade. Is this cycle good enough for you?

Ok let me put it more simply.

In my opinion, throwing in new hardware is the best way (right now) to get lazy developers to stop sh*ting out sequels every alternate year reusing the same engine. Count how many sequel franchise games are coming out this year that had prequels in 2009. Notice how all of them look pretty much like a level out of the 2009 version of the game with minor changes. People give CoD sh*t but this is no different is it?

Guess what. sh*t sequels will always be there. But at least they dont all have to be the same game over and over with slightly different levels. Better hardware lets you do more. You can put more people in a MP game. You can make a good looking game that isnt a boxed corridor because the hardware currently doesnt allow the consoles room to breathe.

Let me ask you. In your opinion whats the alternative? Keep making games for the current gen forever? Whats your threshold? At what point would you say, "Right thats it. Lets get some new hardware in."?

And please dont blurt out the vague "in 2-3 years" nonsense. What exactly will change in 2-3 years? Is that the point when you get sick of the same looking games being crapped out every alternate year?

okay i tell you my answer on this....i honestly think next hardware should come around 2014-2015....coz..this is 2011....you been counting all the crappy sequels and want new IP....tell me what has new IP also bought these days....look at asura's wrath,knight's contract,dark void,quantun theory....pathetic attempt you agree right??...very few came out that too manage to please only few like majin,nier,resonance of fate,valkria chronicles ......whose fault is it....hardwares?? no...it is developers fault...they are running out of ideas it seems and only thing they are managing to do better is with sequels ...i am sure just like you many here including me would be more than happy to try some new Ip ..now as for sequels lets face this they are doing quite a awesome job with that....mass effect 2 looked and played superbly ...and was overall was better than me1,uc2 blowed uc1 as well as every other game out of water,gears of war 3 is looking great too (though i have not seen much of it),castlevania you got to try this....words really cannot describe it....having mentioned all these sequels ...i dont get it why you blaming current hardware for bringing out sequels after sequels...its is developers who is not trying to do or take more risks......

I respect some of your taste in gaming specially when i was talking abt how mario is releasing every second day on wii and you said they were great games.....just asking you are okay with mario 987654321 but not with mass effect 3,the last gaurdian ,uc3,gears of war 3....

also to add 2011-2012- i sfull of superb games me3,tlg,uc3,gears of war3,tomb raider (2011) ..... 2012-2013 we will se ff13,ffv13,NG3 and all...2013-2014 should be the year when companies show their new console...2014-2015 should be the year when it launches....perfect IMHO.

majin,nier,resonance of fate,valkria chronicles ......whose fault is it....hardwares?? no...it is developers fault...they are running out of ideas it seems and only thing they are managing to do better is with sequels

Thats wrong too, its the gamers' fault. Other than being a new IP, what is common with all the games you mentioned there - they all sold poorly.

Archived