Microsoft hiring 'next generation' Xbox developers

Count how many sequel franchise games are coming out this year that had prequels in 2009. Notice how all of them look pretty much like a level out of the 2009 version of the game with minor changes. People give CoD sh*t but this is no different is it?

Dunno about multiplats, but if you're talking about PS3 sequels then they look (and play) a lot better than their 08/09 prequels. For eg KZ3 and LBP2, and from gameplay videos, iNfamous 2 and MSA. Aa far as new IPs go, I got to play five new ones last year, and two new ones this year already, so no complains there.

Why would anyone want to announce successor products a year or even months before their actual ship date? Just hampers the sales of the existing one, no? Though that does not seem to be happening with the PSP.

@CC Almost EVERY big game coming out this year is a sequel to a 2009 game. PS3, 360, Multiplatform etc doesn't matter. Seriously. Make a list of 2011 games and about 80% of them are on an alternate year cycle now. Thats what happens when a generation goes on for too long. Things are stagnant. And they are only gonna get worse.

And not one single one of them could classify as a meaningful improvement (visually anyway) over their 2009 version. Do they look a little better than their last iteration? Yes. Of course. But the difference is pretty much the same between any two alternate year CoD games.

^^I didnt even understand half of that. :|

okay.... :huh:

Thats wrong too, its the gamers' fault. Other than being a new IP, what is common with all the games you mentioned there - they all sold poorly.

good point.....its our fault too....hardly anyone cared to try new games.....had to wait so much to sell majin and nier both quite a good game ....and VC toh is simply excellent yet kaun liya....after i bought it for Rs 1800 ...people were selling it on tp for Rs 700....

@Afty: I do not play COD games, in fact i do not play most mindless shooters anyways

and you are still complaining about the sequels, which is absolutely out of context, for teh final time: NEXT GEN WILL NOT STOP SEQUELS

in fact long dead franchises may churn out sequels if a new hardware comes :doh:

I think if your problem is about sequels then get a PS3 and enjoy new IPs or incredibly superior sequels (mostly anyways)

moving on from 360 you'd really feel like PS3 is next gen :rofl:

@Afty: I do not play COD games, in fact i do not play most mindless shooters anyways

and you are still complaining about the sequels, which is absolutely out of context, for teh final time: NEXT GEN WILL NOT STOP SEQUELS

in fact long dead franchises may churn out sequels if a new hardware comes :doh:

I think if your problem is about sequels then get a PS3 and enjoy new IPs or incredibly superior sequels (mostly anyways)

Now I just feel bad for trying to have a discussion with you earlier. I had no idea you were one of the console retards.

Ah well. Worry not. You are filed under the right category now. :)

Got that cross-game voice chat?

You see? Even PS3 requires improvements. They have lot to do in the online area, and they would be taking lot of cues to improve.

Next gen, smhext gen. I don't think this gen even reached its potential. This whole gen has been about graphics graphics graphics - games are so much more than graphics. And even then the console graphics are three years behind a medium-end PC. The big contribution this gen has been the ease of multiplayer, and guess what, the PC still does that better. The real great stuff has been motion control and that's just taking off. So people still have to milk that gimmick.

Maybe Sony and MS should stop worrying about the hardware for pretty graphics and actually do something to evolve games, like Nintendo. Nintendo may milk the same three franchises every year but damn they are good.

Next gen, smhext gen. I don't think this gen even reached its potential. This whole gen has been about graphics graphics graphics - games are so much more than graphics. And even then the console graphics are three years behind a medium-end PC. The big contribution this gen has been the ease of multiplayer, and guess what, the PC still does that better. The real great stuff has been motion control and that's just taking off. So people still have to milk that gimmick.

Maybe Sony and MS should stop worrying about the hardware for pretty graphics and actually do something to evolve games, like Nintendo. Nintendo may milk the same three franchises every year but damn they are good.

100 percent in agreement. Nintendo Ninjas FTW ! \m/

Got that cross-game voice chat?

You see? Even PS3 requires improvements. They have lot to do in the online area, and they would be taking lot of cues to improve.

There we go.. :suicide:

Seriously, can anyone f**king gurantee that next gen will not have sequels to current IPs?

That is not the point, point is sequels would be better than sequels made on current gen.

And you can be assured that more than half of the launch titles will be sequels/reboots, new IPs are too risky nowadays.

one bait and so many xbots here :giggle:

anyways, i own both the consoles and they have areas of improvement, like everything else, anyways

as for the whole next gen war, there still has been no point by anyone that proves that we need one

if anyone has another point except that the next gen will stop sequels (which is absolutely out of context), please feel free to discuss.

PS: using word like retard is not exactly nice, it is a word meant to describe somebody who is mentally challenged, please do not abuse such words

That is not the point, point is sequels would be better than sequels made on current gen.

And you can be assured that more than half of the launch titles will be sequels/reboots, new IPs are too risky nowadays.

you just mean that they will LOOK better

looking better has nothing to do with ACTUALLY being better

PPS: and for Christ's sake why would a person A playing game B want to chat with person C who is playing game D

unless, they are both playing boring useless games (or playing the games again as they do not have any new ones), wait that is why this feature is on 360 only more bait :devil:

I will take that risk.

And guess you are not enjoying lobby system etc in your fighter...the new generation hasn't done anything except getting you better graphics?

iam with afty.this consoles are holding back pc :threatenlumber:

Now we know the real reason, took five pages for it to come out :rofl:

PPS: and for Christ's sake why would a person A playing game B want to chat with person C who is playing game D

Same reason when a person in the middle of a boss fight in Bayo gets a CoD DTM invite, don't you love such friends and such features :P

+1

Anyone who thinks that new hardware = new IP is just naive. In fact, devs will put most of their efforts in developing engines for the new hardware that they will have very less time left to develop new IPs and take risks.

Anyways, even if that is true, Afty and you ask when should the "next gen" come in. Let me ask the same thing to you. By that argument, it should come every alternate year? every 3 years? every 4 years?

If it comes in too soon (and 5-6 years is soon for console game devs considering the efforts and money they have to put in for any console and also considering the amount of time that it takes to develop a console in the first place) then all it will do is reduce the profits of game devs/console makers. Ultimately, with reducing profits, again all you will see is sequels cuz no one would want to take risks or spend more time in developing a good enough engine because they know the hw is going down the drain soon enough. So it will lead to the very situation that you do not want.

Archived