The Travel Thread

MAK

Just now, ayush12ice said:

How long are you going for?

I read you are going for work, which would probably mean you have only weekends free to really explore other places than your base city.

I have never been to Switzerland and the post above seems to have a good enough list from the looks of it.

If you want tips for Italy or Greece, let me know.... :)

Sure Italy ...Greece....

I am going for 30 days. 

As for my work ...i will be able to take out quite some  days from it....

Just now, ayush12ice said:

If you are going for 30 days only, then you should try to cover stuff in Switzerland itself imho.

If you do plan on going to another country, i would suggest to have at least 4-5 days, unless you just want to pin the map for countries visited. :P

You are right...but i would like to go to Italy . So if you suggest something it might come in handy.... 

Keep at least 4-5 days for Rome. It's an absolutely incredible city. Everywhere you look you see buildings that are thousands of years old.

Sign up for this free bike tour for one of the days (https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Attraction_Review-g187791-d7061957-Reviews-Free_Bike_Tours_Rome-Rome_Lazio.html). These guys are awesome

You should also check out the Amalfi coast. Gorgeous views and beaches. Avoid Venice unless you really want to go. It's full of tourists and very dirty

• Like 2

30 days in Swiss? Did you break a bank? rSjUkzh.png Why Italy and not visit France/Germany instead? 

Venice and Florence are good if you visit during winter time. During summer it is hot and full of tourists. 

Edited by Heaven Angel

28 minutes ago, Gautam said:

Keep at least 4-5 days for Rome. It's an absolutely incredible city. Everywhere you look you see buildings that are thousands of years old.

Sign up for this free bike tour for one of the days (https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Attraction_Review-g187791-d7061957-Reviews-Free_Bike_Tours_Rome-Rome_Lazio.html). These guys are awesome

You should also check out the Amalfi coast. Gorgeous views and beaches. Avoid Venice unless you really want to go. It's full of tourists and very dirty

Thanks Gautam.

25 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

30 days in Swiss? Did you break a bank? rSjUkzh.png Why Italy and not visit France/Germany instead? 

Venice and Florence are good if you visit during winter time. During summer it is hot and full of tourists. 

The accommodation is provided ... i am going for work  and rest i will have to incur my own expense..

Guys, is it safe to carry my portable HDD.....its got lot of ahem stuff in movies and software also one or two....

Damn. Enjoy. dOtvxv4.png Spend 1-2 days in Liechtenstein. Just ~70 miles from Switzerland. 

You can carry as many portable hard drives you want. However, all luggage is subject to search and inspection. Very rarely happens, so shouldn't be a problem at all.

If you still feel unsafe, encrypt your drive with TrueCrypt or something.

• Like 1

Just now, Joe Cool said:

Damn. Enjoy. dOtvxv4.png Spend 1-2 days in Liechtenstein. Just ~70 miles from Switzerland. 

You can carry as many portable hard drives you want. However, all luggage is subject to search and inspection. Very rarely happens, so shouldn't be a problem at all.

If you still feel unsafe, encrypt your drive with TrueCrypt or something.

Thanks again Joe...In Switzerland itself Lucerne and Zermat is on the list.. As for Liechtenstein....lets see 

10 hours ago, playstation said:

You are right...but i would like to go to Italy . So if you suggest something it might come in handy.... 

I spent 2 months in Rome, and still want to spend more time there... :|

If you like/appreciate history, then for 4-5 days, I would recommend you go to Rome & Naples(1-2 days).

You should visit Pompeii which is close to Naples. If you decide to stay overnight, then you can visit the Amalfi coast as well...

In Rome itself, There is so much to do. So you should focus on the main sites, I preferred to always walk around within the old city walls which covers almost everything & of course you should eat lots n lots of Gelato... :P

If you take a short trip of 4-5 days, it will be better to go on group guided tours for the historical sites. For 1 day, keep it free and just walk around without any maps and have fun.

Check out tours/excursions of tripadvisor and viator...

Just an FYI, the Metro/subway shuts down at midnight on all days except Friday and Saturday(2AM), if i remember correctly. Do keep that in mind unless you are fine with taking expensive cabs.

I have always carried portable drives (Lots of data) with me when i have traveled in my hand baggage. Never faced any issue... 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hope said:

Guys suggest on some Budget Friendly locations outside India.

Does budget include the fare? 

Visit other Asian countries. Just look for a cheap stay. 

Or check out Turkey, Cambodia, Africa, Bolivia, Belarus. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Thailand 

24 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Does budget include the fare? 

Visit other Asian countries. Just look for a cheap stay. 

Or check out Turkey, Cambodia, Africa, Bolivia, Belarus. 

How will you suggest going to thailand?

Take a package from makemytrip or any other ways?

Edited by hope

Take a flight get down in Bangkok, and use the local tour and travel. Alternatively you can hire a self driven car too. Ar eyku going alone or with parents.

You can go to Phuket and one of the islands too.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Take a flight get down in Bangkok, and use the local tour and travel. Alternatively you can hire a self driven car too. Ar eyku going alone or with parents.

10 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Family trip One and other will be a Honeymoon Trip :P

Edited by hope