The Travel Thread

MAK

7 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Head over to Google Flights

Select round trip

Enter from and to destination

Select your date

Sort if you want

After this, Google will automatically show what flights are available. From there you can select your flight and it'll take you to the official site where you can book.

Thats easy but i need it to be economical too since ill be paying for a friend too. Travelling directly to Rajkot seems more expensive than to Ahmedabad and then a bus to Rajkot. 
Also some feedbacks on hotels would be cool too. Yeah yeah im checking out makemytrip. :P

Hello Hello,

I am travelling to Philippines tomorrow night via Hong kong. I am not taking any check-in baggage, only cabin luggage as going only for a week. 

Will i be able to pass off a Reebok gym bag as my laptop bagpack? I already have a small cabin luggage suitcase..

Also, about the liquids thing, is it total 100ml, or nothing over 100ml? 

27 minutes ago, ayush12ice said:

Hello Hello,

I am travelling to Philippines tomorrow night via Hong kong. I am not taking any check-in baggage, only cabin luggage as going only for a week. 

Will i be able to pass off a Reebok gym bag as my laptop bagpack? I already have a small cabin luggage suitcase..

Also, about the liquids thing, is it total 100ml, or nothing over 100ml? 

if its a duffel bag then no, only backpack will be allowed.

Its less than 100 ml per bottle. you can have different bottles

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Planning for Hogenakkal Trip on my New RC 390. Is it doable ? For all Namma Bengalureans...

Planning to leave on Sat after breakfast and come before Dawn.

120 - 130 Kms.   Anybody did this on bike, Please suggest else apna Google maps Zindabad. :D

• 3 months later...

I am off to Las Vegas this weekend and then after 5 days to Los Angeles.

Any one here have some tips on what to do and avoid in both cities ?

i have read trip adviser forum but if you gentlemen have any specific info it would be helpful.

i am also contemplating purchasing 7.1 surround sound headsets (logitech) since it is cheaper there  and a Steam Controller.

On 8/16/2017 at 7:51 AM, playstation said:

I am back....B)

what a beautiful country ,Switzerland..both  naturally gifted and so much creativity among population.....wall arts, beautiful gardens, farms, sculptors .....its like human and nature complementing each other perfectly ....

...yes but quite an expensive place no doubt.....statistics are true....:P

hey man, i am planning a trip there end of the year, how did u plan yours? what was your budget and how many days?

16 hours ago, Playstationdude said:

Anyone? 

Also best way to plan a short Balaji temple trip via flight from Delhi?

1.) Direct flight from Delhi to Chennai. (3.5 hrs i guess)

2.) Board the local train from Chennai Airport to Chennai central (30 mins)

3.) Train from Chennai to Tirupati (3 hrs)

This is the shortest duration i can think of. 

Regarding Stay, the best one is the devastanam provided stay in Tirupati. You can book in their online page itself. Cheap and maintained at high standards. Thats where i stay whenever i have been to Tirupati. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Aj69 said:

1.) Direct flight from Delhi to Chennai. (3.5 hrs i guess)

2.) Board the local train from Chennai Airport to Chennai central (30 mins)

3.) Train from Chennai to Tirupati (3 hrs)

This is the shortest duration i can think of. 

Regarding Stay, the best one is the devastanam provided stay in Tirupati. You can book in their online page itself. Cheap and maintained at high standards. Thats where i stay whenever i have been to Tirupati. 

What is your take on the direct flight from Delhi to Tirupati?

The trip is planned for my parents.

Edited by Playstationdude

Just now, Playstationdude said:

Is this the official site to book Darshan and devastanam?

http://www.tirumala.org

Yes, in online services you can see the accommodation and darshan ticket booking as well. 

FYI - You have to select the ladoos you want when you book darshan ticket. Dont miss on that, otherwise getting it is insanely difficult.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Will be travelling to Madhya Pradesh next month with me friends. We have about 10 days and the route we're going for is Gwalior-Khajuraho-(Bandhavgad or Panna)-Bhopal-Indore. Rail connectivity is good between Gwalior and Khajuraho and Jabalpur to Bhopal but will have to rely on buses between Khajuraho-Jabalpur (can't find anything online, but hope there are many). Also budget is very tight.

Any advice (what to see, what to eat, what to do, etc) is welcome.

• 2 months later...

Have you guys been to Tenerife in the Canary Islands? Me and my mates are planning to go there to spend the holidays. I've been reading some article about this island here in https://www.canaryislandsinfo.co.uk/el-hierro/things-to-do/baja-bocarones/ but I was wondering if there are some good local bars where we can enjoy a nice cold beer. Anyone of you guys been there? Any advice you can give?

• 3 weeks later...

going Goa for trip with friends(in  a car), one week, gimme some headsup baby

like, which club to go to, where can we avail some goodies (everything :puspa: )

watersports will be done in Tarkarli, Goa will be full out booze n other stuff, so kindly advice B) (pm me the details if need be :cheers: )

ty in advance, will begin trip 2mrrw morning 5am

• 1 month later...