Developed by: Project Soul

Genre: Fighting

Release Date: 2012

Available On: Xbox 360, PlayStation 3

Trailer [bad Camera quality]

-The battle system comes improved, new features added

-Main character is called Patroklos

-Trailer was shown @ Level Up

-A true SC sequel, set 17 years later in the timeline (unclear whether this is from the events of SC1 or SC4)

-Expect returning characters and new ones.

-More coming @ E3

-Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3

Namco Bandai has lifted the lid on Soulcalibur V at its press event in Dubai this morning.

The game, set 17 years after Soulcalibur IV, features guest characters, Project Soul producer Hisaharu Tago told Christian Donlan for Eurogamer.

The main character is Patroklos, son of Sophitia. Patroklos is "inspired" by the gameplay of Sophitia, but is "sharper" and "more agile". He has new moves, but they're all inspired by Sophitia's.

V takes the Siegried ending of IV and builds upon it. Seigfried, now 39 years old, no longer wields the Soul Calibur sword.

V is described as a "generational shift", complete with new characters, but SCIV characters will return. "SC 1-4 was a continuous story," Tago said. "We want to make a generational shift with a new story this time."

The Soulcalibur series is famous for the inclusion of characters from other universes, such as Link from The Legend of Zelda and Yoda from Star Wars. Will other non-Soulcalibur characters feature?

"Difficult question," Tago said. "We will have guest characters as we did with Star Wars. Please stay tuned for more information on that."

V marks a shift from two-handed swords to short swords, Tago announced. The story includes "the enigma as to why the swords have become short swords".

The game's new fighting style is described as "lighter, sharper, and more elegant". The online mode has been improved with new features. "Gameplay in IV could be a little heavy, particularly when you were online – we wanted gameplay that was more fast and reactive," Tago said.

On the shift in gameplay: "Maybe the hardcore fans will be afraid that we lose the core of the gameplay, but that's not the case. And for new players it's nice to have gameplay that is more continuous – you don't need to wait as much between moves.

"There is quite some change in the gameplay from SCIV. The pace of the game has been improved, and the combos will be easier to perform, and the moves will be easier to pull out."

Elsewhere, Tago confirmed the create a character feature from previous games in the series returns, but refused to divulge details.

Namco Bandai is yet to show actual gameplay, but promised more information at E3 next month.

Source:- http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-05-11-first-soulcalibur-v-details

Siegfried is now an old-timer & without Soul Calibur :cry:

I can't see Mitsurugi, Siegfried, Kilik & Sophitia in their older version :nerves:

Scamco making everyone look like old Heihachi :chair:

Namco designers responsible for sketching out Soul Calibur's famously buxom female brawlers are governed by a strict set of chest measurements, game director Daishi Odashima has revealed.

Following a number of questions from his followers, Odashima published a chart on his Twitter feed earlier today, detailing exactly how each character must be portrayed.

Frankly, in cases like this a picture is worth a thousand words, so we'll let the art do the talking.

NSFW

ss_preview_295406783.jpg.jpg

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-05-10-soul-calibur-breast-regulations-defined

btw who is the guest character this time?

Dante, some1 from Tekken, Thor, Prince of Persia?

but watever Namco is gonna do, the idea of guest character is reallyyyyy..... bad, better stick to characters which have some relevance & not some 3rd party character,

story mode should be like MK, playing with characters according to their role in the story, but really no guest characters!!!

Nuff said.

Namco designers responsible for sketching out Soul Calibur's famously buxom female brawlers are governed by a strict set of chest measurements, game director Daishi Odashima has revealed.

Following a number of questions from his followers, Odashima published a chart on his Twitter feed earlier today, detailing exactly how each character must be portrayed.

Frankly, in cases like this a picture is worth a thousand words, so we'll let the art do the talking.

NSFW

ss_preview_295406783.jpg.jpg

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-05-10-soul-calibur-breast-regulations-defined

it kinda feel wrong concept they are working with on this ........coz increased Height does not mean larger breast size....i have seen lot of tall girls with almost plain chest too..and same way girls with low heights with large breast size.....

dude u need to do more stalking on me, this ain't the first time :P

no i really wanted to show appreciation, like really :P

it kinda feel wrong concept they are working with on this ........coz increased Height does not mean larger breast size....i have seen lot of tall girls with almost plain chest too..and same way girls with low heights with large breast size.....

you notice a lot of breasts, don't you :naughty:

HD trailer

Did you guys know where the game was announced?

Soul Calibur V was just announced at Namco's "Level Up" press event, currently going down in Dubai

-____- ....Wonder if old camel boy went ...and the event is still going on.....

btw who is the guest character this time?

Dante, some1 from Tekken, Thor, Prince of Persia?

I think Dante has good chance of being guest character , he uses weapons .. with the recent namco capcom tie up for SFxT , it might be possible for Capcom character to come as guest....

I think Dante has good chance of being guest character , he uses weapons .. with the recent namco capcom tie up for SFxT , it might be possible for Capcom character to come as guest....

well I did some research & found out that Dante was set to appear in Soulcalibur III, but did not make it into the final game.

Looks like Namco can use this golden opportunity to bring our Devil Hunter in Soulcalibur V although wonder how? :scratchchin:

he's got a long sword like Siegfried but wat about the guns Ebony & Ivory, it will be strange to present those guns in a medieval period,

but wat the hell :devil: he is 1 guest character I would love to see in SC, btw that Blond dude Patroklos sucks :thumbdown: too bad that he is Sophitia's Son

i don't know about other sh*t, but his sword is much smaller than the other guy, on theory I would say he looks less cool :P

but then again, his name is patroklas, wasn't he supposed to be with Achilles :fear:with a different spelling

i don't know about other sh*t, but his sword is much smaller than the other guy, on theory I would say he looks less cool :P

with that shield on his right hand, he can easily be devastating, according to namco Patroklos's fighting style & moves r based on Sophitia's moves + addition is that he is more sharper & agile

Sophitia's moves were really devastating & quick as she was more of a rushdown type of character while Siegfried was a little slow with that long sword & was best for long range attacks only, & I think this Patroklos is gonna be badass like her mom :fear: although he looks like a minor character

with that shield on his right hand, he can easily be devastating, according to namco Patroklos's fighting style & moves r based on Sophitia's moves + addition is that he is more sharper & agile

Sophitia's moves were really devastating & quick as she was more of a rushdown type of character while Siegfried was a little slow with that long sword & was best for long range attacks only, & I think this Patroklos is gonna be badass like her mom :fear: although he looks like a minor character

He is going to be badass like his dad

B)

Archived