Online Shopping : deals and discussion thread

Bird Bird Bird

Do you sell anything?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

No. But I purchase a lot. Sometimes for business sometimes self. Before there was no issue about credit because we would only charge depre. But now credit can be taken on purchases used for business as well so thought why not

2 hours ago, djanuj said:

No. But I purchase a lot. Sometimes for business sometimes self. Before there was no issue about credit because we would only charge depre. But now credit can be taken on purchases used for business as well so thought why not

If you have a business then you must also have an accountant/ca who files your returns. It is always advisable to consult them first rather than troll gamers online ?

If you have a business then you must also have an accountant/ca who files your returns. It is always advisable to consult them first rather than troll gamers online ?

I am a CA. I file my own returns. Btw I don't want to do business. I want to buy but under GST invoice. So that I can claim input credit. So is this Amazon initiative for sellers? Then why did they say purchase at Business discount etc.

9 minutes ago, djanuj said:

I am a CA. I file my own returns. Btw I don't want to do business. I want to buy but under GST invoice. So that I can claim input credit. So is this Amazon initiative for sellers? Then why did they say purchase at Business discount etc.

If you have a GST registration number(TIN previously), i think you can sign up for it. Amazon Business thing just started, i guess, I also saw a banner on amazon.in. 

There is something similar from walmart as well. You can check that out as well. 

These are basically B2B only. So you need to have something registered as a business with the IT dept and you are good to join. 

Edited by ayush12ice

If you have a GST registration number(TIN previously), i think you can sign up for it. Amazon Business thing just started, i guess, I also saw a banner on amazon.in. 
There is something similar from walmart as well. You can check that out as well. 
These are basically B2B only. So you need to have something registered as a business with the IT dept and you are good to join. 

I know what it is. What I wanted to know is if anyone registered under this program. And if the prices are really cheap? Like If I want to buy 4-5 laptops then how is the price etc.

Just now, djanuj said:

I know what it is. What I wanted to know is if anyone registered under this program. And if the prices are really cheap? Like If I want to buy 4-5 laptops then how is the price etc.

A friend of mine signed their company up with the walmart thing for purchasing diwali gifts for their employees and she told me that they found much cheaper prices on it than their regular vendors. 

Also, from what i remember membership was free for the walmart B2B, not sure about Amazon. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, djanuj said:

bhai input credit works only when you are supposed to pay gst on forward sale. if you are not charging gst to other people on sale then you wont draw any benefits. if you have gst number maybe you would get b2b deals which are always cheaper than retail otherwise what is the use.

you are a ca with a corporate firm or have your own practice?

bhai input credit works only when you are supposed to pay gst on forward sale. if you are not charging gst to other people on sale then you wont draw any benefits. if you have gst number maybe you would get b2b deals which are always cheaper than retail otherwise what is the use.

you are a ca with a corporate firm or have your own practice?

Own practice. I do charge GST to my clients.

1 minute ago, djanuj said:

Own practice. I do charge GST to my clients.

so you will have to check if you can claim input tax from goods for set off against service gst.

if you do what you mean to do then the gst you charge will go in your pocket as you have paid gst on good purchased. thereby giving you the pleasure of buying items for 18 or more % discount.