Online Shopping : deals and discussion thread

Bird Bird Bird

WTF.

Flipkart has now increased the free shipping to 500. :rant:

****** Won't be buying from Flipkart :ranting:

Biggest idiotic thing is, with people spoilt with the idea of Price Matching.. call them up and tell them that their books are being sold for a lot more than what other e-commerce sites are selling for.. The mindblowing reply is:

"Sir, all our products are first hand and genuine ones" :blink:

And cuz the help desk attendant is a lady, cant say too much.

Add to that, the products (i checked for PS3 games) which it aint gonna stock anymore cuz of low demand have been labelled as:

"This product has been permanently discontinued". Idiots.

Edited by Spacescreamer

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.thinkdigit.com/Internet/Flipkart-Marketplace-brings-third-party-sellers-onboard-competes_14136.html

Flipkart Marketplace brings third-party sellers onboard, competes with eBay Edited by kushalrocks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was ordering stuff, got to the netbanking gate, filled in details and sh*t that the bank asks but got stumped at the last moment, bank showing some error. Anyway, chalked it up to some problem at bank's side. closed the web page.

Went to FK again, the items were still there in my cart. Ordered them and used COD this time as payment. It was processed. Now i see records of 2 orders in my FK profile. Both containing the same stuff, the COD order is shown as "being in works" with notes of expected date of ship and delivery. The other order however shows "payment not received" with no expected date of anything or any status. I cannot cancel this order.

I am assuming it will vanish on its own right ? or do i have to contact CC ? Remember, i placed the items in my Cart only once, when the netbanking payment attempt failed, i just refreshed to FK and ordered the same items that were there in my cart, this time via COD.

I am assuming it will vanish on its own right ? or do i have to contact CC ? Remember, i placed the items in my Cart only once, when the netbanking payment attempt failed, i just refreshed to FK and ordered the same items that were there in my cart, this time via COD.

Contact Customer Care and have that order scotched else, it will just hang in there and ask you to complete the transaction every-time you log in.

boys, what is the email id regarding customer care for FK ? I dont normally save (but a few) email contacts so it is not there in my address book.

When going via the 'contact us' link on the website itself, i am presented with issue selection, order no. selection from all my orders current and previous. If i select 'my orders' link, the faulty order is not shown while the cod order is there fit and hearty, but if i type in the faulty order no, the details come up (with- 'payment not received' status) but i am not not able to proceed any further, email and chat, both links remain dead.

Directly select "Other queries" / "Payment related queries" and send the email to them. Mention your faulty order number in description.

cs@flipkart.com

Edited by KJD

@ alpha

have been havig talks with airtel CC the past 2 days, not getting all the stipulated channels on one connection. Matter still not solved :ack: Not in the mood to take on one more CC call center as of now :| will call them if email doesnt do the trick.

@ KJD

thanks, mailed them.

have been havig talks with airtel CC the past 2 days, not getting all the stipulated channels on one connection. Matter still not solved :ack: Not in the mood to take on one more CC call center as of now :| will call them if email doesnt do the trick.

If flipkart is better than Indian companies in various departments, Customer Care is one of them. I have pleasant experience(s) with them. Although changes will take ~12 hours to reflect on your end.

So call them up, inform about your mail w.r.t. same and get it smoothed over. Mail can be used as a back up in-case changes do not reflect.

Edited by ALPHA17

Guys,

i had ordered two things from flipkart ...total cost exceeding Rs 500 to avail free shipping....one was shipped to me already and i got it. the other part of the order i want to to cancel now and doing so would decrease the total order cost below Rs 500 . so i would be charged Rs 50 for shipping but both orders were cash on delivery . SO how will flipkart charge me ??

i had ordered two things from flipkart ...total cost exceeding Rs 500 to avail free shipping....one was shipped to me already and i got it. the other part of the order i want to to cancel now and doing so would decrease the total order cost below Rs 500 . so i would be charged Rs 50 for shipping but both orders were cash on delivery . SO how will flipkart charge me ??

Depending on the status of the other product and what leg of the journey it has reached (Processing --> Shipping --> Delivery) the order cannot be cancelled, you can call up their Customer Reps and confirm on same.

Depending on the status of the other product and what leg of the journey it has reached (Processing --> Shipping --> Delivery) the order cannot be cancelled, you can call up their Customer Reps and confirm on same.

the other order is not shipped yet...it is shipping end of may.

^ dont accept the order when it reaches you.

That may create problem for me in future deals with flipkart. I dont want to do that.