Online Shopping : deals and discussion thread

Bird Bird Bird

IMHO.. I have had a really bad experience with my Samsung LED to the extent that I have vowed never to buy a samsung product in my life..

It stopped within a month of purchase.. a forum member also had his led tv screwed in less than 2 years of use.Almost everything samsung I have owned in the past has been thrown away.. On the other hand LG is very good with their home appliances.

For TV I trust only sony as not only they are better in terms of display quality their products are long lasting as well. Use PS4 on Samsung/LG/Panasonic and then use it on Sony TVs and you will get my point.

I bought a sony led tv last year and i was getting samsung/lg leds with more features for 10k less along with freebies and I still bought sony.

my sis gifted me a samsung note 3 neo which I have been using half heartedly ever since :fear:

Guess it varies from person to person. Samsung LEDs have served me quite well.

Anyone from Thane or Mumbai, does eBay (BlueDart or DTDC) charge Octroi or LBT ? I was just about to place an order for a PS4 and I got a message saying: Extra government charges may be applicable for your item(s) which needs to be paid on delivery. An official receipt will be provided.

I am based in Thane but my office is in Mumbai. Tried both the addresses but got the same flag.

Anyone from Thane or Mumbai, does eBay (BlueDart or DTDC) charge Octroi or LBT ? I was just about to place an order for a PS4 and I got a message saying: Extra government charges may be applicable for your item(s) which needs to be paid on delivery. An official receipt will be provided.

I am based in Thane but my office is in Mumbai. Tried both the addresses but got the same flag.

Most likely u wont be charged anything.

• Like 1

My living room has a Sony Triton CRT TV, it was manufactured in Japan, weighs a ton and has been going without a problem for last 12-14 years. The problem is since its not going bad, i am not allowed to replace it :wallbash:

FALCON PUNCH!!!!!!

Thanks for the reply VelivolusDas and godspeed.

Never had to pay Octroi or LBT ever when I purchased from other websites. However, quite a few sellers on eBay have mentioned in the listing that they are not responsible for paying it.

Finally got a reply back from the seller. He said that he isn't sure whether I would be charged additional tax or not. The sellers and eBay isn't responsible for any additional tax payment if applicable. He is going to cross-check with BlueDart and get back to me.

ebay can be quite good for odd items which you often won't find in amazon/flipkart etc.etc...... imo

I had worst experience with them, more over if something goes wrong none there to listen your problem they just block the a/c n u can never use it again with your own name, at least amazon guys r always there to help you, ph calls, chat, email response whether is amazon.in amazon.com amazon.uk or anyone else, no solution if something goes wrong there, let it be unknowingly.. i personally now prefer to avoid shopping some rare useful stuffs than to get screwed in sites like ebay, my all money goes to amazon and other sites.

Guys believe me, buying in ebay may go smooth for you but IF EVER you are stuck then none will save you, call their customer support whether in india or USA none will work, they just say that now you cant use ebay again.. they dont hesitate to suspend/block your a/c, after that u can just log in and change pw, thats it

Edited by Survivor

I had worst experience with them, more over if something goes wrong none there to listen your problem they just block the a/c n u can never use it again with your own name, at least amazon guys r always there to help you, ph calls, chat, email response whether is amazon.in amazon.com amazon.uk or anyone else, no solution if something goes wrong there, let it be unknowingly.. i personally now prefer to avoid shopping some rare useful stuffs than to get screwed in sites like ebay, my all money goes to amazon and other sites.

Guys believe me, buying in ebay may go smooth for you but IF EVER you are stuck then none will save you, call their customer support whether in india or USA none will work, they just say that now you cant use ebay again.. they dont hesitate to suspend/block your a/c, after that u can just log in and change pw, thats it

We have heard horrible stories for flipkart and Amazon as well in this forum.. Amazon.in for me is not even a shadow of the original US amazon.... Almost everything bought online these days depends on the seller..But ebay is far better than snapdeal and shopclues in buyer protection and there are some genuine sellers who give heavy discount on items in ebay which amazon and Fk will never give.. Edited by Arj_Gamer_2012

We have heard horrible stories for flipkart and Amazon as well in this forum.. Amazon.in for me is not even a shadow of the original US amazon.... Almost everything bought online these days depends on the seller..But ebay is far better than snapdeal and shopclues in buyer protection and there are some genuine sellers who give heavy discount on items in ebay which amazon and Fk will never give..

i am not saying abt sellers but the site itself, i have faced no problem in amzon.in also, i have bought and refunded even 40k INR product without hassle when found defective. Of course One must choose seller wisely, i personally now choose seller who has more thank 80% positive reviews from 'verified customers' and contact them beforehand so that i may get some idea about their helping nature, if seller is genuine then i dont hesitate to pay bit extra bulks too. But atleast amazon pay you refunds and block/suspend sellers with poor response from its customers.

What does ebay do.. allowing everyone and anyone to sell, all chinese sellers n their stuffs

and what will you do with heavy discount if you find you are cheated and ebay is not helping at all? again i prefer genuineness and trust from seller or online outlets over getting heavy discount, but to each his own

Edited by Survivor

Flipkart should learn something from Amazon India regarding shipping their products. Ordered piston headphones from Flipkart on 10th afternoon and ordered a pair of CFL from amazon on 11th. Amazon order was dispatched from Bangalore and arrived at my house today. Flipkarts order was dispatched from warehouse in mumbai which is 10 mins away from my house, and it is on a mumbai darshan it has gone through 4 different warehouses in mumbai. lol

Flipkart should learn something from Amazon India regarding shipping their products. Ordered piston headphones from Flipkart on 10th afternoon and ordered a pair of CFL from amazon on 11th. Amazon order was dispatched from Bangalore and arrived at my house today. Flipkarts order was dispatched from warehouse in mumbai which is 10 mins away from my house, and it is on a mumbai darshan it has gone through 4 different warehouses in mumbai. lol

I have an exact contrary story to this...Few days back I ordered a headphone from FK (ATH SJ55) and my frnd ordered a sony wireless headphone from amazon...Got my product 2days later (came from mumbai to blore)...but his order came yesterday almost a week later (from blore)..[emoji13] [emoji13]