Online Shopping : deals and discussion thread

Bird Bird Bird

order placed on 25th...shipped on 25th itself...received at destination on 26th...but being delivered only by 30-31 :wallbash: its clearly the self-delivery f**k up at chennai..

I placed an order for the CS:source pc bundle on 26th (sunday). Was shipped on 29th (tuesday) and I received it today. Through flipkart self delivery. The box came damaged, so I didnt even bother opening it to check the cds. Have requested for a replacement, they said it would take another three-four working days :thumbdown: At least they agreed to replace it without any arguments. :mellow:

Whtz meant by FK self-delivery?

does it mean tht they don't use local courier service..?

if thtz the case the self-delivery service is pathetic...my GR:FS is lying in their place at chennai since 26th and i was informed tht i'll be getting it in another 24-48 hrs :(

I have ordered last from flipkart a month ago and their was no problem at nagpur...

A piece of suggestion in case of self delivery:

Avoid giving orders on friday/saturday as most likely u will receive the package by monday..

The best bet to receive the package on for weekend is to order it max by thursday 4pm...Learnt it from one of their helpfull ccare executive..

Hope this helps.. :bigyellowgrin:

Question:

Anybody know a workaround to using Flipkart.com without having an Indian credit card? (In the US currently, have paypal and Visa and such). i.e. a workaround that doesn't involve making your folks back home buy for you.

As long as you have a Visa or Master card, i dont think it should be a problem for you. I have used my UK CC for making purchases in India, Dont know about Flipkart in particular

If you trust me enough, transfer the money to me, ill buy it thro my credit card.

Thank you for offering to help, much appreciated. But what I was asking was whether there was any workaround like an online card you can create in India linked to any bank account that you can attach to paypal or something and then use for such purchases.

As long as you have a Visa or Master card, i dont think it should be a problem for you. I have used my UK CC for making purchases in India, Dont know about Flipkart in particular

That's what I usually do too since mine's a VISA (and then Myntra keeps bugging me asking for passport copy and sh*t), but then on Flipkart they have fields for the billing address asking for City, State and Zipcode with no country option which don't let me progress.