Online Shopping : deals and discussion thread

Bird Bird Bird

Not sure if this update was there on medianama article when you guys read it. Clearly they closed it because lack of consumers. In my circle of friends and colleagues of over 25-30 people, only I bought songs from the store. And all of us have smartphones and enough money to buy legit songs. Majority people in India didn't buy into the idea of "buying" music.

THIS, you are buying songs and then will need to download them, abbey chu**** free mein download hote hain with same quality to fir fayada kya, this is the response that I get from many people :doh:

Edited by avkash

Alpha removed his post. Now my post looks stupid and out of context

That was because, Avkash edited his post.

What did Alpha say?

Avkash's initial post sounded like he was perpetrating the free download principle, he edited it later so I had to scotch the post which was on the lines of -- Don't know if stupid or REALLY STUPID.

Edited by ALPHA17

It was only a year in. Just 1 year. That's what bothers me. No matter how bad the consumer response was, for something like this you're always in it for the long run.

I really think they feel inadequate against the might of the iTMS. I think they were caught unawares when it launched here with a better library.

And everyone who thinks how no one in India wants to buy music digitally, that may be true. For now. But that's how change comes in. Giving this kind of service just 1 year to prove itself with no marketing at all and then killing it coz 'no one was buying', if this is how competent FK management is, I fear they're going under soon. None of their acquisitions have worked anyway.

My guess is they figured out most of the purchases were coming from Mac/PC and iOS users, since obviously Android guys don't buy anything, and figured early enough that it wasn't upto them to compete with iTunes.

Can always count on you to make anything all about Apple.

Internet companies brand values trumps their losses a few times over & then some. Hence the multiple phases or rounds of funding.

You know make my trip is loss making since its inception. So it's basically sank money for a decade yet the founder is rich.

Investors make money when hands change place

India's largest e-commerce dealerFlipkart has stopped delivering consignments worth more than Rs 10,000 to customers in Uttar Pradesh, including NCR regions of Noida and Ghaziabad. While Flipkart said the decision was "purely business oriented", insiders said there were numerous instances of customers ordering expensive goods on the cash on delivery scheme and refusing to accept their orders. There have also been cases of fraud in which lost or stolen credit cards were used to book orders online.

^Credit card fraud? :rofl:

They should have enabled Net Banking option though. This is all a speculation. My guess is they have some logistic issues and hence they have stopped shipping to UP. Plain and simple.