Bird Bird Bird

Online Shopping : deals and discussion thread

Pedigree Meat Jerky Stix, Smoked Salmon Flavoured Adult Dog Treats – 60 g (Pack of 12) 77% Off ₹331
Valid on Kolkata, for other locations YMMV

Paytm FlyDay sale on 25th October 2018

Register now to get Flat ₹1000 cashback (Generally it's either min 1000 or 2000 to get 1000 cashback in the initial hours from midnight, they reduce it afterwards)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, quixote_1989 said:

That info has since been proven to be false. Plenty of reddit posts about it.

I mean Amazon India guys deliver on Scooty and Motorcycles so yeah I am guessing that is probably not true lol.

3 hours ago, quixote_1989 said:

That info has since been proven to be false. Plenty of reddit posts about it.

17 minutes ago, Aftrunner said:

I mean Amazon India guys deliver on Scooty and Motorcycles so yeah I am guessing that is probably not true lol.

It is actually a very good operations research problem and personally being from that field the explanation makes sense to me. Though it might be incorrect as you guys have mentioned.

Also Amazon should/must ship their products from their warehouse to respective local courier stores in Trucks/Trains/Planes most likely else they would need to have way lot more trips from warehouse to local courier or their shipping centers to transfer their stuff and it would not be possible to deliver the products with same day delivery/next day delivery like they do. 

Edited by Nathan.Drake

2 hours ago, santanu18 said:

Paytm FlyDay sale on 25th October 2018

Register now to get Flat ₹1000 cashback (Generally it's either min 1000 or 2000 to get 1000 cashback in the initial hours from midnight, they reduce it afterwards)

This cashback is only applicable on flight bookings. 

5 hours ago, Nathan.Drake said:

It is actually a very good operations research problem and personally being from that field the explanation makes sense to me. Though it might be incorrect as you guys have mentioned.

It made sense to me as well when I first read it.

21 hours ago, Nathan.Drake said:

Also Amazon should/must ship their products from their warehouse to respective local courier stores in Trucks/Trains/Planes most likely else they would need to have way lot more trips from warehouse to local courier or their shipping centers to transfer their stuff and it would not be possible to deliver the products with same day delivery/next day delivery like they do. 

Im not even from scm background but it makes perfect sense to me. 

4 minutes ago, Playstationdude said:

Maybe that's why it makes sense to you and me. 

1 hour ago, Playstationdude said:

55 minutes ago, adity said:

Maybe that's why it makes sense to you and me. 

Yes we all do so much of operations research in our day to day life :) 

Packaging of products so they can fit in trucks with maximum utilization of space -OR Problem

Shipping of products from warehouse to Local centers etc - also an OR Problem (Commonly known as traveling salesman problem)

Sorry couldn’t resist pointing out as they are two separate problems but under OR only :). SCM is slightly different it captures the product cycle starting from raw materials till the consumption of the product.