Jump to content
Bird Bird Bird

Online Shopping : deals and discussion thread

Recommended Posts

Pedigree Meat Jerky Stix, Smoked Salmon Flavoured Adult Dog Treats – 60 g (Pack of 12) 77% Off ₹331
Valid on Kolkata, for other locations YMMV

 

 

Paytm FlyDay sale on 25th October 2018

 

Register now to get Flat ₹1000 cashback (Generally it's either min 1000 or 2000 to get 1000 cashback in the initial hours from midnight, they reduce it afterwards)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, quixote_1989 said:

That info has since been proven to be false. Plenty of reddit posts about it.

 

I mean Amazon India guys deliver on Scooty and Motorcycles so yeah I am guessing that is probably not true lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, quixote_1989 said:

That info has since been proven to be false. Plenty of reddit posts about it.

 

17 minutes ago, Aftrunner said:

 

I mean Amazon India guys deliver on Scooty and Motorcycles so yeah I am guessing that is probably not true lol.

It is actually a very good operations research problem and personally being from that field the explanation makes sense to me. Though it might be incorrect as you guys have mentioned.

 

Also Amazon should/must ship their products from their warehouse to respective local courier stores in Trucks/Trains/Planes most likely else they would need to have way lot more trips from warehouse to local courier or their shipping centers to transfer their stuff and it would not be possible to deliver the products with same day delivery/next day delivery like they do. 

 

 

Edited by Nathan.Drake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, santanu18 said:

 

Paytm FlyDay sale on 25th October 2018

 

Register now to get Flat ₹1000 cashback (Generally it's either min 1000 or 2000 to get 1000 cashback in the initial hours from midnight, they reduce it afterwards)

This cashback is only applicable on flight bookings. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Nathan.Drake said:

It is actually a very good operations research problem and personally being from that field the explanation makes sense to me. Though it might be incorrect as you guys have mentioned.

It made sense to me as well when I first read it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Nathan.Drake said:

 

It is actually a very good operations research problem and personally being from that field the explanation makes sense to me. Though it might be incorrect as you guys have mentioned.

 

Also Amazon should/must ship their products from their warehouse to respective local courier stores in Trucks/Trains/Planes most likely else they would need to have way lot more trips from warehouse to local courier or their shipping centers to transfer their stuff and it would not be possible to deliver the products with same day delivery/next day delivery like they do. 

 

 

Im not even from scm background but it makes perfect sense to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Playstationdude said:

Im not even from scm background but it makes perfect sense to me. 

Maybe that's why it makes sense to you and me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Playstationdude said:

Im not even from scm background but it makes perfect sense to me. 

 

55 minutes ago, adity said:

Maybe that's why it makes sense to you and me. 

Yes we all do so much of operations research in our day to day life :) 

 

Packaging of products so they can fit in trucks with maximum utilization of space -OR Problem

 

Shipping of products from warehouse to Local centers etc - also an OR Problem (Commonly known as traveling salesman problem)

 

Sorry couldn’t resist pointing out as they are two separate problems but under OR only :). SCM is slightly different it captures the product cycle starting from raw materials till the consumption of the product.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×