Online Shopping : deals and discussion thread

Bird Bird Bird

3 hours ago, Ram Dante said:

So, I guess its going to be the WH-1000XM3 for me it is then..

You can safely go for the WH-1000XM3's. I have tried both Bose QC25 and the former and Sony has better sound stage and ANC i feel.

Both are comfortable for long sessions too. Mic quality is good for taking calls in a room, outdoors not so much but i guess thats the case with most headphones. On my office calls, everyone can hear me fine and i can hear them clearly.

Go for it.

BTW i also have the Sennheiser HD600 and V-Moda Crossfade LPs in headphones and Sennheiser Momentum TWs, RHA MA750 among a few others....and i find myself using the WH1000XM3s more often since the time i bought them abt an year ago. Now at 20K plus discounts, its the best deal.

PS: I ordered the WF1000 XM3 ....waiting for delivery...out of stock right now...

Edited by amigoatul
  • Thanks 1

Will the price of Sony WH-1000XM3 go down towards ~15k towards the year end, now that Sony WH-1000XM4 is announced?

18500/- seems to be a decent price for it now. Thinking about it. Please advise.

Just now, Pacifier said:

Will the price of Sony WH-1000XM3 go down towards ~15k towards the year end, now that Sony WH-1000XM4 is announced?

18500/- seems to be a decent price for it now. Thinking about it. Please advise.

It all depends on when the XM4's will launch here in India. I dont think its gonna be launched anytime soon...also reviews of the XM4 suggest no major changes compared to XM3's.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

Don't think it will decrease by much. Newer model will not get sale pricing of this kind, will probably sell between 30K and 35K.

Better to buy now. The few months that you use it are worth a couple hundred rupees that you MIGHT save end of the year. Go for it. 

Working from home is a lot more pleasant with premium headphones :) 

6 hours ago, adity said:

It's not really useless. SBC has very limited bandwidth which invariably causes loss in quality even for 320 kbit audio. 

Mate, no streaming services use SBC. It's OGG or AAC, which all these headphones support. That's what I was saying - if you're using streaming apps, FLACs and LDACs are useless. 

If your streaming your own collection, different matter altogether. 

6 hours ago, Chirag2001 said:

I second that.

I think you only gave me the link for replacement ear cushions for QC25 a couple months back?

Anyway there is something wrong with the link, and my current ear cushions have torn a little more now :( 

Just check Bose India shop. Should be there. 

6 hours ago, Ram Dante said:

I thought Dinjo was talking about the WH-1000XM3(hp) and the Buds+, so I had written that even though Buds+ are pretty good, they(earbuds) can't give the sound experience of what a headphones(WH-1000xm3) offers. I hope I'm clear now :P 

And I'm mainly looking at getting a ANC headphone best for music/movies, and good for taking calls from home. Headphone comfort is not really a priority, as long as it doesn't hurt my ears. 

So, you're saying the Bose aren't really great for streaming music? Because I'm going to be using them for music/movie listening almost 50% of the time.

I find the Bose to be excellently neutral. But again, sound is subjective. YMMV. 

3 hours ago, quixote_1989 said:

Prefer not to be hamstrung by low storage (32/64 GB), even though I do not generally intend to store a lot of stuff in there.

Go for the highest you can afford. I'm sitting on an almost full 512GB iPro. 

2 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Just check Bose India shop. Should be there. 

Go for the highest you can afford. I'm sitting on an almost full 512GB iPro. 

Plan to get an iPad later this year, will keep that in mind. Not sure how, but I'll opt for a bigger version too then.

I checked. If you don't mind, can you see if its showing available to you and if its getting added to the cart? 

The Last of Us 2 Collector's Edition PS4 12% Off ₹8729/₹8753
Use HDFC CC to get 10% Off
Use Amazon Pay ICICI CC to get 5% Off + 5% Cashback

The Last of Us 2 Special Edition PS4 24% Off ₹4549

The Last of Us 2 -Standard Edition (PS4) 25% Off ₹2990

All are all-time lowest, especially the Collector's Edition

Life is Strange 2 Xbox One 72% Off ₹558

Apply ₹1000 Off Coupon on product page

Starcraft 2: Legacy of the Void Standard Edition (PC/Mac) ₹492

Apply 35% Coupon on product page

World of Warcraft: Legion - Standard Edition (PC/Mac) ₹971

Apply 50% Coupon on product page

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty (PC/Mac) ₹773

Apply 10% Coupon on product page

Diablo III Standard Edition (PC/Mac) ₹499

Apply ₹300 Off Coupon on product page

Edited by santanu18
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chirag2001 said:

Don't think it will decrease by much. Newer model will not get sale pricing of this kind, will probably sell between 30K and 35K.

Better to buy now. The few months that you use it are worth a couple hundred rupees that you MIGHT save end of the year. Go for it. 

I have always wanted to get this via someone coming from US in the past as it goes for under 200$ there. But now, i don't think that is going to happen anytime soon and with current usd/inr conversion, better to get it here.

Is this good for gaming through DS4?  Can we also chat using the mic and noise cancellation work for game audio? 

I already have a Old PS4 Gold headset, but it would be great if this works well for chat and game audio(including noise cancellation)

9 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

I have always wanted to get this via someone coming from US in the past as it goes for under 200$ there. But now, i don't think that is going to happen anytime soon and with current usd/inr conversion, better to get it here.

Is this good for gaming through DS4?  Can we also chat using the mic and noise cancellation work for game audio? 

I already have a Old PS4 Gold headset, but it would be great if this works well for chat and game audio(including noise cancellation)

It should work with the aux cable, not in wireless mode. 

Mic I'm not sure about as I use Bose, not Sony. Maybe Sony headphones will work in that regard with another Sony product here.

Honestly though, premium headphones like these cater to different needs, not gaming. You're better off with a gaming headset if your old one is giving problems. 

If you're willing to spend a bit more coin, check out the Corsair HS50. Wired option, works with PS4. 

But for work and chill, get the Sony headphones. At 18K or so, its honestly a great deal. Or Bose if you're inclined but very similar options :)

Have two of these, and worth the money 100% 

Sony Alpha ILCE-6400 24.2MP Mirrorless Camera Body (APS-C Sensor, Real-Time Eye Auto Focus, 4K Vlogging Camera, Tiltable LCD) - Black ₹65499/₹62937

Sony Alpha ILCE-5100L 24.3MP Digital SLR Camera (Black) with 16-50mm Lens, with Camera case, Memory Card and Sony MDR-XB550AP Headphones ₹29490/₹28728

Samsung 23.5 inch (59.8 cm) Curved LED Backlit Computer Monitor - Full HD, VA Panel with VGA, HDMI, Audio Ports - LC24F390FHWXXL (Black) ₹8099/₹8122

Best Full HD LED monitor within 10k. Good thing is price didn't inflate of this monitor either

Hisense 108 cm (43 inches) Full HD Smart Certified Android LED TV 43A56E (Black) (2020 Model) ₹19499/₹19237

Hisense 126 cm (50 inches) 4K Ultra HD Smart Certified Android LED TV 50A71F (Black) (2020 Model) | with Dolby Vision and Atmos ₹28499/₹27787

Edited by santanu18

2 hours ago, Chirag2001 said:

Plan to get an iPad later this year, will keep that in mind. Not sure how, but I'll opt for a bigger version too then.

I checked. If you don't mind, can you see if its showing available to you and if its getting added to the cart? 

https://www.boseindia.com/en_in/products/headphones/headphone_accessories/quietcomfort-25-headphones-ear-cushion-kit.html#v=qc25_earcushion_acc_black

But not in stock. I think we can check weekly and see. 

3 hours ago, DinJo said:

Its launching in India in Sept

@Ram DanteIts back in stock

Thanks man, I had been checking after your previous post, and managed to snag a black one soon after ^_^

3 hours ago, Chirag2001 said:

Exactly! Even I was thinking if I should really go for the XM3, when the XM4 is already announced. Then again, considering the present situation, I am pretty sure the XM4 is going to cost higher, and it will be a while until we see 18.5k kinda pricing. So the XM3 now, makes perfect sense. 

3 hours ago, Pacifier said:

There is a chance we might get better prices during BBD/diwali sale though. But to wait and see, is a choice you have to make.

Edited by Ram Dante