Bird Bird Bird

Online Shopping : deals and discussion thread

Even tier 1 cities will be affected. Visiting a game shop in Delhi is easier said than done. It's a 3-4 hour exercise (to-n-fro) plus haggling with scrupulous dealers. They will have stock but they know nothing. I'd rather order online from any portal for a 10% discount, given i know that the product will be as described. This is where Amazon excelled. 

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/industry/services/retail/small-sellers-calling-it-quits-on-amazon/articleshow/67857363.cms

Unable to manage logistics after new norms kicked in on Feb 1, fringe sellers are exiting Amazon.

But just because I save a few 100 rs during BBD doesn't mean corporates should get a free pass, Indian or foreign. This just sets a bad example for others to take advantage of. 

Offline retail has never really done anything great for the consumer, at least in my experience... and, from the look of it, several other's here as well.

The arrival of Flipkart, and then Amazon, have been a game changer in terms of product availability and price, even before the discount wars.

So if they had managed to circumvent the bullshit laws our govt comes up with every few months to appease the scummy retail stores, I say good on them and good for us. And I *reaallly* hope they manage to do it again.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, quixote_1989 said:

Offline retail has never really done anything great for the consumer, at least in my experience... and, from the look of it, several other's here as well.

The arrival of Flipkart, and then Amazon, have been a game changer in terms of product availability and price, even before the discount wars.

So if they had managed to circumvent the bullshit laws our govt comes up with every few months to appease the scummy retail stores, I say good on them and good for us. And I *reaallly* hope they manage to do it again.

They will do it and yeah i can't imagine my life without amazon. It makes buying sh*t so trivial. 

They will do it and yeah i can't imagine my life without amazon. It makes buying sh*t so trivial. 

Same here, can't imagine walking in to a retail store for everything and deciding what I want in front of a judgemental salesman/woman.

7 hours ago, akhilgopal said:

I come from a Tier 2 city in Kerala and I can guarantee you that none of the offline retailers offer prices even close to the online retailers. With less offers and discounts from Amazon and Flipkart, these offline retailers are in their comfort zone of not providing any discount since there is hardly any competition. 

I believe the effect will be more pronounced in Tier II and III cities. In metros, I believe there are sufficiently large no. of players in offline market to improve the competition.  

+1

I am from Kerala as well and I can attest to this. Getting a new game here is hard because only very famous titles release and that too you can kiss goodbye to any discounts. Niche titles especially from our Japanese friends are near impossible to get. If you ask for Kingdom hearts here, they will give you Britannia little hearts and be done with it. :wallbash:

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

46 minutes ago, b!T said:

+1

I am from Kerala as well and I can attest to this. Getting a new game here is hard because only very famous titles release and that too you can kiss goodbye to any discounts. Niche titles especially from our Japanese friends are near impossible to get. If you ask for Kingdom hearts here, they will give you Britannia little hearts and be done with it. :wallbash:

:rofl:

Please enjoy them, they have been 13 years in the making.

• Haha 1

Any really good monitor from this list which is at a good discount?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, GunnerY2J said:

Any offer while buying swiggy super ?

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

Start paying your credit card bills with this app called "CRED" 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dreamplug.androidapp

You get credit coins against Bill payments. So if your bill is 50k you get 50k credit coins. Credit coins can be used for rewards. They have swiggy super 12 months for 15000 credit coins. 

4 hours ago, Bhpian Bali said:

Start paying your credit card bills with this app called "CRED" 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dreamplug.androidapp

You get credit coins against Bill payments. So if your bill is 50k you get 50k credit coins. Credit coins can be used for rewards. They have swiggy super 12 months for 15000 credit coins. 

I came to know about this app few minutes after paying my credit card bill. :wallbash: