~The TV Shows Thread~

StormShadow

AFI list of the best TV shows of 2017 is out.

The Good Place picked up a Critics’ Choice Award for Most Exciting New Series. JGAyTEG.png Such a lovely show. Glad it is getting more recognition.

• Big Little Lies, HBO
  • The Crown, Netflix
  • Feud: Bette and Joan, FX
  • Game of Thrones, HBO
  • The Good Place, NBC
  • The Handmaid’s Tale, Hulu
  • Insecure, HBO
  • Master of None, Netflix
  • Stranger Things 2, Netflix
  • This Is Us, NBC

Just started It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia season 12 and god dam the first 2 episodes had me on the floor laughing hysterically. The Gang goes to a Waterpark & The Gang Turns Black were definitely the kind of start any comedy show needs. The waterpark one specially had some hilarious moments. This show never known when to quit and always find creative situations to make an episode click. 

Classic Sunny. Always there when you need a laugh. rhkMR4g.png The best part is, even after 12 years, they never changed the core or upgraded their stuff like pretty much every show does. Same house, same characters, same thinking and just as funny as when it aired first. No romance or forced stuff either. Always simple and straight to comedy. 

That water park episode had me rolling too. Towards the end when Frank slides down...OMG! 8Z9ztc6.png

9 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Towards the end when Frank slides down...OMG! 8Z9ztc6.png

Holy sh*t! That was epic and those bruises felt so real *ouch*. Denis's twist at the end and finally Mac & Dee being stuck. Man the episode was a blast. 

11 hours ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

Holy sh*t! That was epic and those bruises felt so real *ouch*. Denis's twist at the end and finally Mac & Dee being stuck. Man the episode was a blast. 

Yep. I was biting my thumb and laughing during that scene. Real ouch. 0wNckCF.png 

Season 12 was great. 

1 hour ago, adity said:

I'm watching Archer these. Loving it so far. Very very funny. 

I just have the last season to catch up on. That show again is fantastic. I feel FX has some dam good quality shows. I started out with The Shield and then got hooked on so many other shows. 

3 hours ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

I just have the last season to catch up on. That show again is fantastic. I feel FX has some dam good quality shows. I started out with The Shield and then got hooked on so many other shows. 

started watching it, liking it so far

On 12/9/2017 at 1:09 AM, Ethan_Hunt said:

Just started It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia season 12 and god dam the first 2 episodes had me on the floor laughing hysterically. The Gang goes to a Waterpark & The Gang Turns Black were definitely the kind of start any comedy show needs. The waterpark one specially had some hilarious moments. This show never known when to quit and always find creative situations to make an episode click. 

On 12/9/2017 at 1:34 AM, Joe Cool said:

Classic Sunny. Always there when you need a laugh. rhkMR4g.png The best part is, even after 12 years, they never changed the core or upgraded their stuff like pretty much every show does. Same house, same characters, same thinking and just as funny as when it aired first. No romance or forced stuff either. Always simple and straight to comedy. 

That water park episode had me rolling too. Towards the end when Frank slides down...OMG! 8Z9ztc6.png

meh, tried to watch season 12 first episode, couldn't get past the first few mins, bleh, how come u guys raving about this series so much? (haven't watched any other episodes, thought to start it from the latest season since u guys were praising it so much, disappointed af)

5 hours ago, Pushy said:

meh, tried to watch season 12 first episode, couldn't get past the first few mins, bleh, how come u guys raving about this series so much? (haven't watched any other episodes, thought to start it from the latest season since u guys were praising it so much, disappointed af)

Ah, don't do that. Start from season 1. This is not your typical run of the mill comedy. You need to get the context of the characters. You'll connect better if you understand how this show's humour works and that will only work if you start at the beginning. If you still don't find it funny, drop it and move on. 

@Joe Cool Remember this episode?

NSFW:

All the less popular shows have been very good recently. hgtX7s8.png 

• Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency
  • The Good Place
  • The Mick
  • Future Man
  • Runaways

Done with season one of The Mick. Laughing riot. Olson is so natural at comedy. Hilarious show!