~The TV Shows Thread~

StormShadow

I still need to go through the second season of Dark. I really liked the first season but then a lot of other stuff got released which took my attention. 
Seconded. Was waiting for 3rd season to show up so I can finish both in a go. It's a complicated series to follow [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

I still need to go through the second season of Dark. I really liked the first season but then a lot of other stuff got released which took my attention. 
Seconded. Was waiting for 3rd season to show up so I can finish both in a go. It's a complicated series to follow [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

On 6/12/2020 at 12:19 AM, KnackChap said:

Caliphate on netflix. Wow!!! what a show. By the end of the show genuinely  wanted to punch that Swedish lady officer who plays the main role. They better be working on season 2 

yes damn good show, one of the most underrated show in Netflix

Gripping story & suspense, great performances

10 hours ago, adity said:

It's all downhill for there. It stays fun but you can feel a drop in quality form then on. And after season 7, it drops off a f**king cliff. 

The show in general is a mixed bag, every season has some really good episodes and some really sh*t episodes which you feel like ffwding.  It does get relatively weaker from s07, but not as bad.  Sure Andy is no michael scott, but he brings in his own flavor and apart from some episodes in between, it still retains its goofy/slapstick humor thanks to its excellent support cast.  It feels like the writers tried a lot of things after steve carrell left the show and the inconsistency shows.  Good that they decided to end the show after s09.

I'll give The Office some credit because the characters changed throughout the seasons, unlike in other shows where they stay the same. Andy and Robert California bought their own style which was fun. I couldn't get into other shows like Big Bang Theory or IASIP, but binge watched Office in 3 days.

Big Bang Theory is trash and nothing like IASIP. Office isn't like it either. They are completely different shows.

unlike in other shows where they stay the same. 

That's why IASIP is one of the best... They don't give a shite nor change to please the generation. They do what they do best and succeed at it. 

On 6/13/2020 at 2:57 PM, adity said:

Like Dennis becomes a full on psychopath by season 14.

Was bound to happen with how his character was developed. It's perfect. Him suddenly becoming anti-Dennis over summer would be so fake and lame. 

Probably took too long to get back to it, but binged the remaining 4 episodes of the Witcher. Some people didn't like it, I myself had problems with the alternating timelines, but enjoyed these last 4 episodes thoroughly, more than the first 4.

Follows The Last Wish pretty accurately I think. They've changed how Geralt met Ciri, but I like this version better.

Cavill did a fine job as Geralt. Look and voice are spot on, plus the man knows his moves with the sword. I like the Blaviken fight a lot.

Also, Jaskier's song is stuck in my head again hehe. Anxiously waiting for Season 2, this was fantastic.

7 minutes ago, adity said:

It's dated because the first season came 15 years back, lol. 

I watched couple of episodes from its 7th or 8th season, cant remember. The humor was dated and tryhard.  There are shows from 2000s and hell even before that which don't feel as dated, like The Office and Parks and Recreation.

2 hours ago, cyberpunk said:

I watched couple of episodes from its 7th or 8th season, cant remember. The humor was dated and tryhard.  There are shows from 2000s and hell even before that which don't feel as dated, like The Office and Parks and Recreation.

bruh never judge a show based on its later seasons' episodes. The initial seasons is the reason why shows are awesome.

Its like saying that GOT was totally sh*t just by watching the 8th season alone :P 

1 minute ago, adity said:

Yeah. One would think office is trash if they only watched the final season. 

Exactly. My cousin did the same thing with Psych.....watched the first few episodes of the final season and decided it was trash.

SMH. Never judge a show by the later seasons.

1 hour ago, kold_war said:

bruh never judge a show based on its later seasons' episodes. The initial seasons is the reason why shows are awesome.

Its like saying that GOT was totally sh*t just by watching the 8th season alone :P 

41 minutes ago, adity said:

Yeah. One would think office is trash if they only watched the final season. 

37 minutes ago, kold_war said:

Exactly. My cousin did the same thing with Psych.....watched the first few episodes of the final season and decided it was trash.

SMH. Never judge a show by the later seasons.

Why would anyone watch the final seasons directly :ko:

2 hours ago, kold_war said:

I tried watching the first few episodes when it was on Netflix and couldn't get into it. Same issue as on later seasons, still felt dated. Not even calling the show trash, it doesn't have to appeal to everyone. *shrugs*

Edited by cyberpunk