Treasure worth Rs 1 lakh crore found

Buzz

The jewels should not be just locked away. I feel some of these high valued articles, atleast 30% of the articles can be let off in auction and the money should be strictly spent for the benefit of the country. So, i say bring on LOKPAL immediately :bash:

I agree with this. Retain 50% at the temple, for now, auction 50% over the next few years and remove the fiscal deficit, help out the poor and bring in some powerful changes for the country. Im kind of split on the view whether it should remain with the temple or be used to for the country(which is why Ive used a conservative estimate of 50%). While hereditary ownership is something I agree with, I believe the kind of treasure and money involved, it must be used for a bigger and more just cause.

Also, I just saw a pic of the cops who are handling the case. They were photographed wearing dhotis and coming out of the temple. All of them were wearing a huge gold chain around their neck. It looked quite heavy as well. Were they all owners of this before or did they just pick one up while doing the stock take? <_<

.I am all for preservation of antiques and all...but tbh we indians are still chutiyas...i am not talking abt those old treasures and all..i am talking abt people living of our generation....check this out ....http://www.telegraphindia.com/1070416/asp/frontpage/story_7653353.asp

amitabhs and all donating crores and diamond for the throne of god....are they out of their mind....gods will come and sit on it kya.....arey millions are dying here....they need food,medical aid ,scholarship,finanicial help,orphans need homes...shirdi sai baba will be more happy to see amitabhs and all these big babus helping poors then trying to make golden thrones with diamond studded on it for him....

I these days like to donate whatever small sum i can in gurdwaras only or temples(gurdwaras and temples of those kind that does lunger and all for poor people ) or even outside mosques where those poor seek some money.......not spent on golden thrones i have had enough of that ....

Exactly.

Recently in a temple near by my house which is pretty famous i guess. (in kerala) One guy (i dont remember his name) donated Gold equal to his weight in Kg's to the temple for some sort of pooja which came up to 140-180Kg's of gold. This is utter bullshit (No offence to anything).With that sort of money,a full village of poor people can be saved but instead giving it by the name of God's is just nonsense.

As for the misconception that this was a unknown treasure, it wasn't. The Royal family, who runs the trust that runs the temple, knew abt this. And lot of people in these circles knew that there are treasures inside the cellars.

Lots of theories are there regarding this.

1. That the kings hid it from British(Take that u pr**cks. :P. Bet you scratching ur heads now.)

2. The kings collected these money and kept it in cellars when people in Travancore was starving

3. This is a very widespread one. The travancore family kept it there was a sign of life of humility. The king gave all his wealth to Sree padmanabha and he led a simple life. This is a true fact if u read abt histroy of this family. they are simpletons. Even today if someone from their family visited the temple, they will wash their feet when the leave the temple. It is a symbol that they are not even taking a single grain of sand from god. And the king still visits the temple every day or week. I used to see his car(lancer, ford, contessa etc no benz, rolls, bentley. ALthough there is a gold plated rolls there. very old one) several times in mornings.

One more thing to tell when someone says this belongs to the country and all. According to rules and democracy it is.

Not exactly according to history and all that. This belonged to Travancore. Kerala consisted of 3 small kingdoms. Travancore is the south most from cochin border to kanyakumari i guess.

But now as democracy kicked in, whatever rocks everyones boat is acceptable.

And people saying this should be sold - Already tonnes of our treasures are abroad sitting on heads of white people. Taj mahal used to have precious stones in laid in marble. The whites picked them to the last pearl. This might be our LAST "NATIONAL" TREASURE. A real one at that. Poverty and all, you want to let this go too? If they start to sell this, rest assured you wont even get 20% of the value for national development.

If they are simpletons, they clearly dont need it. The money can be used to do so much good to the country. No point in it sitting in an old cellar doing absolutely nothing, like it has been for 100s of years now.

As far as my understanding goes,if this money is used by the governent or anyone,it will increase the amount of money circulating in the economy and bring inflation.

May be wrong ofcourse

Economics 101: money multiplier. The money will generate jobs by investment, meaning more money in hands of people, it will increase inflation, yes but that can be countered by RBI or perhaps it wont be a problem as the aforementioned increased money in hands of workers.

Economics 102: all looks dandy in theory.

Hence, a no. of things can happen if the money if brought into economy, but all is moot as it will stay in grubby hands of fat pundits. I really, really hate this blatant hoarding.. i mean what are they trying to prove ?? I am agnostic and believe god wont be happy wearing a big necklace, a donation to charity or a free school with necessary facilities will go a long way pleasing god instead; the main reason i consider the Akshardham temple to be a big sore sight (drive pass that daily).

I agree with this. Retain 50% at the temple, for now, auction 50% over the next few years and remove the fiscal deficit, help out the poor and bring in some powerful changes for the country. Im kind of split on the view whether it should remain with the temple or be used to for the country(which is why Ive used a conservative estimate of 50%). While hereditary ownership is something I agree with, I believe the kind of treasure and money involved, it must be used for a bigger and more just cause.

Also, I just saw a pic of the cops who are handling the case. They were photographed wearing dhotis and coming out of the temple. All of them were wearing a huge gold chain around their neck. It looked quite heavy as well. Were they all owners of this before or did they just pick one up while doing the stock take? <_<

You have not seen what are politicians can do....they can make billions vanish in a days job man....no big deal for them and make it look like it was best investment country has ever made......this is no USA and all where i know a small sum will be unaccounted for......here there are crazy people man they will not leave anything....here MP's/Mla's spent Rs 250 crores on marriages only.....

You have not seen what are politicians can do....they can make billions vanish in a days job man....no big deal for them and make it look like it was best investment country has ever made......this is no USA and all where i know a small sum will be unaccounted for......here there are crazy people man they will not leave anything....here MP's/Mla's spent Rs 250 crores on marriages only.....

lol US is corrupt is f**k.

There are ways to control that. Make a separate committee with the right people for it. I dont want all that wealth just sitting doing nothing earning no interest or anything.

Archived