Smash 'n' Survive

android

Nice to see this game finally releasing. So this will be the first Indian PS3 game afterall. Will definitely pick it up and review.

Extra points to the game for being Indian? :naughty:

Really bad pussy

You were telling this to a dev himself , that can be demoralizing too , oh and isn't this the classic case where you just abuse some thing and go HA HA I was just trolling !

There had been this discussion happening about our title here so I just thought that hearing straight from the horse's mouth will definitely help and clarify things.

I'm representing Version2Games here and I'm here to talk and discuss with you guys and not to defend our title, afterall we all are game lovers so we have so much in common. Version2Games is in the game development purely for passion and not for being rich overnight.

Pushy: our title probably look like sh*t to you but we definitely tried our level best. This is our first game so of course there's lot of learning involved but we are not new to game technologies as we are in interactive 3D domain for last 17 years and did lot of mission critical and complex simulator for army (like tanks, missiles, weapons, upto 16x16 vehicles etc.) Of course we failed on various grounds but as they say "there's no failure, only learning" so we have learnt a lot and you'll see that in the next two titles. There had been creative issues, technical issues, management issues and publishers issue but all these happen worldwide, it's just that not everybody is vocal about it and neither I'm going to disclose what exactly were the issues but you are most welcome to out studio and we can laugh about some of those over a cup of coffee.

With all those crappiness, our title is entitled for Blu-Ray release which is definitely an achievement (Well, we proudly think so) but still we are not releasing it on Blu-Ray at this stage so it's coming on PSN right now. If you know the technicalities then I'm sure that you know developing on PS3 is a big challenge so we learnt a lot and end result will not disappoint you. We Indians are lesser mortal as Microsoft doesn't ship devkits to India (but they are open for China, WTF) so the game is only on PS3 right now.

Now we've learnt pretty much everything so I can say that there won't be huge date issues, visual quality issues and from hereon...all our games will be on XBOX 360 and PS3 consoles as we have setup our office in San Francisco, USA which is approved by Microsoft.

We've engaged various world class people for the sequel of this title and other two games which include people who were involved in Splinter Cell series, Prince of Persia series and F1 series so I'm sure that we hold a better future. We generally don't talk much in the media because we are more focused on our title and will let the world know abour our existence through our titles. One of these title is Kinect and PS Move ready and is also coming on PSVita.

Getting back to Smash n' Survive, this has various thing to keep you engaged like 42 fully customizable cars, hugely destructive terrains, 5 different modes to play, various melee or short range weapons, 10 different maps, 5 pre planned DLCs, using tornado and lightning as your weapon, compelling native and external multiplayer and many more.

Everybody: Thanks for talking about our title and I appreciate your time spent on talking about our title, you all are awesome people.

You can get updates or talk to the team at http://www.facebook.com/pages/SnS/169197573658 and visit www.snsthegame.com for more info on Smash 'n' Survive (SnS).

Version2Games is available on http://www.facebook.com/pages/V2G/156820910998998 and www.version2games.com.

Some more in-game shots:

14.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

I.jpg

D.jpg

M.jpg

Please leave your feedback or questions here.

all gaming companies are pune or hyd or bangalore based.... :rant:

all the best with the dev :thumbsup:

mumbai office costs and employee costs are prohibitive for most smaller IT cos/ startups :(

burnt my fingers once

welcome here, good to see the team coming here directly

Pushy was trolling, ignore that, it was just for the sake of usual fun

would love to get the game.

any news on pricing and/or download size ?

welcome here, good to see the team coming here directly

Pushy was trolling, ignore that, it was just for the sake of usual fun

would love to get the game.

any news on pricing and/or download size ?

Thanks Avkash! Well, we just wanted to talk so Pushy is just an excuse ;) to put our point forward.

Will update on price pretty soon but download size will be 1.2 GB.

Did that car launch itself from the Ship deck :wOOtjumpy:

liking this. Don't play a lot of racing/ driving sims, but will pick this up!

Tentative release date?

Well, it's a combination of stunt and derby so you'll see cars flying and hitting each other or picking up stuff from around. You get extra bounty if you hit the other car in the air. This is most appreciated map by the playtesting teams who came to studio. We had close to 50 playtesters (College students, gaming parlour going crowd and our own network) for this game.

Very nice, only 1.2 GB. I will buy it from PSN for sure. The game is looking like a mix of Blur and Split Second but with one of the most important addition: Customizing cars and weapons. I hope the handling is good.

BTW at what resolution your game runs at and at what fps? Usual 720p/30 fps?

Archived