Smash 'n' Survive

android

Very nice, only 1.2 GB. I will buy it from PSN for sure. The game is looking like a mix of Blur and Split Second but with one of the most important addition: Customizing cars and weapons. I hope the handling is good.

BTW at what resolution your game runs at and at what fps? Usual 720p/30 fps?

It's on 720p with 30FPS. Tried pushing it for 1080 but faced lot of issues there.

Ok nice. In future I hope you guys make an open world game (purely racing or GTA type or Driver type) based on some Indian cities with Indian rickshaws and all. It will be so much fun to cause mayhem in some known city and race in it.

Ok nice. In future I hope you guys make an open world game (purely racing or GTA type or Driver type) based on some Indian cities with Indian rickshaws and all. It will be so much fun to cause mayhem in some known city and race in it.

Sure thing. We have a huge database of 3D rendered Indian cities which we are already using in our car simulators which you can see at http://www.zentechnologies.com/zen_basic_driving_simulator.html, http://www.zentechnologies.com/zen_driving_training_simulator.html and http://www.zentechnologies.com/zen_bus_driving_simulator.html

These are map correct terrains but we can use them in games and exaggerate those for fun based game. The actual challenge is that current generation of consoles die if you throw too many AI logics. People generally think that AI characters take huge processing power which is not correct (you can see 1000s in Dead rising and some other games) but if you have variety of AI logics thrown then console starts collapsing BUT the good news it that PS4's USP and the biggest advancement will be its AI handling capabilities so watch out for your dream game soon (we'll try for PS3 once :) )

tough to sell a game like that :(

and thanks for the replies V2G, size looks good and 720p/30 fps is cool

next time you want to test something please count me in :devil:

I think it's tough to make but if you do then you can sell. You just need to do it nicely and shouldn't go overboard for the ultra realism, keep it fun and winnable and then you can see success.

PS4 :panic:

tougher AI than Killzone 2/3 :wOOtjumpy:

Oh yes!! One or two states rapidly being executed are fine but when you want to give many more states to AI then you need to wait for PS4. I can give various examples when AI is executing only couple of states but again, they do it so nicely that we don't realize but things will change soon....Wait, watch and play.

Oh yes!! One or two states rapidly being executed are fine but when you want to give many more states to AI then you need to wait for PS4. I can give various examples when AI is executing only couple of states but again, they do it so nicely that we don't realize but things will change soon....Wait, watch and play.

:panic:

Nice. Even a top down view game like GTA Chinatown wars based on Indian cities will be great. It can be a PSN title. Something like Zombie driver.

Yup!! That's the reason I said that once we'll try because I'm sure that there are ways we can have it.

Isn't Sony India supporting you guys in any way?

To be very frank, we didn't need their support and in fact, Sony India came to know about our development only after we'd already been approved by Sony through Sony Europe directly. Another reason is that they are exclusively looking for Indian content and they are not concerned about Indian developers making global content which was discouraging and I talked about it in NASSCOM also. I spoke to Atindriya and told him about this but he's clear...he wants to push PS2 in India and he wants Indian content only....I mean we are open for Indian content but that should be done with such finesse that the whole world looks upto this and not lame attempts which will further bring bad name to Indian content. We have plans but first we are waiting to get mature enough that world looks upto the next title coming from V2G and then we push a game like GoW and ...........

V2G men, i was just trolling men :cheers:

those new ingame screenies u put, looks okay, but def. not PS3 type, u must look into the visual dept. mate B)

anyways, with that said, all the best with ur project/s :cheers::hug:

To be very frank, we didn't need their support and in fact, Sony India came to know about our development only after we'd already been approved by Sony through Sony Europe directly. Another reason is that they are exclusively looking for Indian content and they are not concerned about Indian developers making global content which was discouraging and I talked about it in NASSCOM also. I spoke to Atindriya and told him about this but he's clear...he wants to push PS2 in India and he wants Indian content only....I mean we are open for Indian content but that should be done with such finesse that the whole world looks upto this and not lame attempts which will further bring bad name to Indian content. We have plans but first we are waiting to get mature enough that world looks upto the next title coming from V2G and then we push a game like GoW and ...........

+1 Respect.

I did ask Atin in our recent interview if they would encourage Indian devs who weren't making India-specific games and he was non-committal, so I guess not. They are moving more towards PS3 now though, with the new cricket and Ra One game both coming to PS3.

Our next game is also a global product from India and I don't know how to make it look Indian but we did our bit by naming the central Character as Jay as this is an accepted name globally.

Here's most undisclosed shot of the same:

JQ.jpg

Nice, I hope you guys really put the name of India on the Global game devs map.

What engine are you guys using? Is it in house? I suggest using some licensed engine like UE3 or similar, as that ensures a lot of quality in your final product.

Most of non-US devs like CD Projekt, the STALKER devs (forgot their name) go for in house engines, and the games then have a lot of bugs.

But some devs like CroTeam, people can fly and Crysis hit gold mines with their engines and deliver epic games.

I am not sure of UE licensing costs, but if they are less, do consider using it.

Y U TEASE? :samui:

now tease us more :devil:

Come to the studio and I'll endlessly tease you (My guys are good at it) and the reason I tease is to bring in the acceptance of Indian game developers in the Indian gamers and to hope that they don't consider our products poop for long ;)

Archived