Next-Gen Consoles Rumors & Related NEWS

This has to be joke....no disc drive.

and games on cards???.....anti piracy measure?

or to stop second hand sales?

how does games on cards stop second hand sales ..???

i dont unerstand ..

this is the only rumor that makes sense, considering the way current gen xbox went. As to anti piracy measure, I don't think you will need that on cards. Most probably these cards will be just feeders, to help people save the trouble of downloading. Like, pay couple dollars to get a card with downloaded data of any new game, and then purchase it over marketplace. No installations required, just copy the cards data to xbox's inbuilt ssd. No antipiracy measures, no second hand sales. Just like online pass tagged to your gamertag and console. Yep, there are issues with security, but still it will be very effective, than having to design another DRM-type sh*t. Plus this gives freedom to hardware designers to choose any console design, may be even a companion cube (yes, I know, rights are with valve; I just used it as an example).

I was talking about this a month ago too, as a way to go for next-box. Makes more sense than having ten times better hardware, twice the costs, and all. All companies want the share of casual market, and I don't think those farm-ville players give a rat's a*s about anti-aliasing, or full HD native games. Embed Kinect, to xbox, make it small enough like a set-top box, price it for 300$ and you have a winner.

Also, that project cars type games will be perfect then. there are guys like me who will throw the disc right after they finish SP. 30$ for first month subscription, and 5$ afterwards if you wish to play longer and achieve 100 % completion or try coop, perfect solution. No one feels like they got ripped off.

Still this is all just speculation based on rumors heard from lots of different sources.

Man i wonder how killing used games will affect sales , some games will get a boost .... some games might sell less coz many people buy them with the intention to finish it and sell it ....

Most probably these cards will be just feeders, to help people save the trouble of downloading. Like, pay couple dollars to get a card with downloaded data of any new game, and then purchase it over marketplace. No installations required, just copy the cards data to xbox's inbuilt ssd.

2$ for carts holding 20+GB data. Sounds reasonable, I guess.

Any chance these cart guys providing the same to Sony, for the Vitas?

2$ for carts holding 20+GB data. Sounds reasonable, I guess.

Any chance these cart guys providing the same to Sony, for the Vitas?

:doh: 2$ for the data, not for the card. :doh: Obviously, card has to be bought separate.When made in bulk, it should not cost more than 20$ though, so can be included in xbox bundle easily. Just like, you get this subscription card in set top boxes.

pay couple dollars to get a card with downloaded data of any new game
2$ for the data, not for the card. :doh: Obviously, card has to be bought separate

Ok, so I have to go to a shop with the card I have with me and ask the guy there to copy data in it? That's more convenient than fetching milk in a jar from a dairy.

Ok, so I have to go to a shop with the card I have with me and ask the guy there to copy data in it? That's more convenient than fetching milk in a jar from a dairy.

Inconvenient than having to stand in line on day 1 for hours, to buy a disc which is prone to all sorts of scratches and stuff. Sure! <_<

The guys at Sony said that they won't be releasing a new playstation soon as the PS3 still has life in it. They said they will keep working on the PS3 and PS Vita for now. As for XBox I think Microsoft has confirmed that they have been working for a new console.

So there are possibilities for an XBox release but I don't think we are going to have any PS soon.

Unreal Engine 4 Demo Could Be Displayed With Xbox 720 Announcement

New information has surfaced from a legitimate industry insider who says that the reason Epic had an NDA and closed off showings of the Unreal Engine 4 was because it's aimed to be on display at this year's E3 alongside the announcement of the Xbox 720 (or Trinity or whatever people want to call it).

The news comes courtesy of Now Gamer, who reports that EEDAR President and CEO Greg Short mentioned to them that...

"From a marketing standpoint it would stand to reason that any announcement around Unreal 4 or other major upgrades to engine middleware providers will occur very closely to the announcement of new hardware."

"Since the majority of new features will be designed to maximise these devices they would not be able to promote that fact until the hardware itself had been unveiled." "Everyone will be looking to E3 this year to see what is announced (if anything!)."

That actually sounds about right and it would make perfect sense as to why Epic would prevent press and licensees from publicly talking or revealing details about the Unreal Engine 4. What's more is that VP of Epic, Mark Rein, has stated that the Unreal Engine 4 that they will be showing off will make the Samaritan demo look feeble, which is no small feat given that the demo was running in real-time on real hardware, requiring three over-clocked Nvidia 580GTX cards. Supposedly, this year, the same demo was optimized to run on just one Nvidia Kepler prototype card.

The news and rumors for next-generation home consoles has skyrocketed in the past six months and with Nintendo's Wii U launch looming for a fall release it does seem likely that Microsoft may announce something at this year's E3, given that Sony has adamantly stated that they will not be announcing anything at this year's Electronics Entertainment Expo.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Unreal-Engine-4-Demo-Could-Displayed-With-Xbox-720-Announcement-40364.html

Archived