Next-Gen Consoles Rumors & Related NEWS

The guys at Sony said that they won't be releasing a new playstation soon as the PS3 still has life in it. They said they will keep working on the PS3 and PS Vita for now. As for XBox I think Microsoft has confirmed that they have been working for a new console.

So there are possibilities for an XBox release but I don't think we are going to have any PS soon.

Dude, I am so happy with Playstation 3 that i dont want sony to announce PS4 anytime soon.

We have got Sly,The last of us,The Last Guardian and hopefully God of War 4.....beside that many others coming too.....just enjoy this awesome entertainment system.

Then why you so scared of new systems like they come with herpes.

The evolution cannot be stopped, there is already a decline in HW sales YoY. Retailers are losing money and if there is price drop, the sales revenue will start shrinking and with growing market saturation manufacturers will start losing more.

But you can still fap on the zombie-adventure, giant bird, platformer games, none of them have a release date and another game which is not even announced.

guys what could people possibly choose................ ps3 move over kinect or kinect over ps3 move ............so may be the developments might be based on these features cos i read somewhere that there is no game till date that can use the resources of ps3 completely....may be the entire focus will be on motion capturing on both the ends

Then why you so scared of new systems like they come with herpes.

The evolution cannot be stopped, there is already a decline in HW sales YoY. Retailers are losing money and if there is price drop, the sales revenue will start shrinking and with growing market saturation manufacturers will start losing more.

But you can still fap on the zombie-adventure, giant bird, platformer games, none of them have a release date and another game which is not even announced.

Would you like to pay Rs 25k-40K for new hardware just to play same games you can play on current hardware??Dont bring in advance graphics thing here ....these games are looking great and beside it would take some time for new hardware's potential to be tapped anyways

Sly has a release date and also most of them are releasing this year only ...you would be really wrong if you believe they not coming this year....

I understand the market trend here and you may be right about it but as a gamer on ps3 i can give you plenty of reasons of why i feel ps3 is still got legs......they may launch new ps4 but whats the use when most of their top studios are still working on ps3......

i can give you plenty of reasons of why i feel ps3 is still got legs...

OK. Reasons as in facts or assumptions?

And on 25-40k part, didn't you contradict yourself that you will buy PS4 if these games gonna come there?

You love a game and its not on the platform you own, you buy that console, its as simple as that. Now if I come to know that GTA is gonna be wiiU exclusive, I will buy the console day-1. Period.

OK. Reasons as in facts or assumptions?

And on 25-40k part, didn't you contradict yourself that you will buy PS4 if these games gonna come there?

You love a game and its not on the platform you own, you buy that console, its as simple as that. Now if I come to know that GTA is gonna be wiiU exclusive, I will buy the console day-1. Period.

Reasons as in facts...4 great exclusives game coming this...and possible more if rumors are to believed....what more can i ask for atleast now from my console...

btw you really missing the point here ....I will be buying PS4 reluctantly for these games...not out of pleasure...same way you will have to buy wiiu just for GTA....but you have a choice of buying for the console you already own and save quite money as well.

Job Post Hints At PlayStation 4 Development

If you were worried about the abundance of Xbox 720 and Wii U announcements and rumours, then thinking that the PlayStation 4 could be running a bit behind - a new job postings suggest that this is far from the case.

The first one is for a Sony Computer Entertainment America position, with the company looking for an intern to work for 12 weeks - paid - as part of its "Next Gen. teams." You'll need some pretty hefty qualifications - and no doubt need to sign an even weightier non-disclosure agreement - to get the temporary position, but for anyone wanting an insight into what Sony has planned for the future, it'd be a dream summer job.

The other position is up on Develop and is thought to be linked with Guerilla Games (due to a very similar careers post on the Guerilla site), the company behind the Killzone series. The job posting also touts that the Art Director will be working "exclusively with an industry leader, on next gen technology with major IPs in the pipeline."

Considering Killzone has always been a PlayStation exclusive line of games, it seems likely that Guerilla knows something we don't about future development of the console series. Next-gen would certainly imply a fourth in the line-up.

While Nintendo is thought to be almost ready to release the Wii U, perhaps doing so towards the close of this year, Microsoft and Sony are expected to let their next-generation systems hit the shelves in 2013, probably towards the end of the year.

E3 2012 is now expected to see big announcements, coming from all three major console manufacturers.

Read more: http://www.itproportal.com/2012/03/13/job-post-hints-at-playstation-4-development/#ixzz1p9voftK2

Microsoft to debut new version of Xbox in 2013

SEATTLE: Microsoft Corp will release the next version of its Xbox console in 2013 at the earliest, as the company squeezes at least one more year of sales out of its current model, said two people with knowledge of the matter.

The company may show the successor to its Xbox 360 in June 2013 at the E3 conference and put it on sale that same year, said the people, who declined to be named because the plans are confidential. David Dennis, a company spokesman, said earlier today that Microsoft won't discuss new Xbox hardware at this year's E3, quelling speculation that the device would be unveiled at the 2012 show.

Microsoft's Xbox 360, bolstered by the Kinect motion-sensor accessory, had its best year of sales in 2011 -- the console's seventh on the market. Announcing the next model too soon risks hurting orders for the current lineup, and new consoles typically lose money for their first few years. The Xbox 360 is profitable, giving the company incentive to keep it on store shelves for a longer period.

"They're still selling a lot of Xbox 360, and they're making money," said Michael Pachter, an analyst at Wedbush Securities Inc in Los Angeles. "I don't think the world needs them to put a new console out just because we're bored."

Sales growth Microsoft's entertainment division, which includes the Xbox, posted a 45 per cent sales gain to $8.91 billion in the fiscal year that ended in June. The Xbox 360 outsold Nintendo Co's Wii and Sony Corp's PlayStation 3 in 2011, and also sold better than any other TV-connected devices, including DVD players and home-theater systems, Dennis said.

"There will be no talk of new Xbox hardware at E3 or anytime soon," Dennis wrote today in an e-mailed statement. He declined to say when Microsoft would release the next model. "For us, 2012 is all about Xbox 360."

Microsoft has no reason to put out a new console soon, Pachter said. He estimates that the company makes about $115 of profit on the $300 Xbox 360, a model with a hard drive.

Pachter expects Microsoft to release the next version at the end of 2013 or beginning of 2014. The company will probably look at competitive pressure and sales in the current year to determine timing, he said.

Nintendo, meanwhile, is due to release a new machine called the Wii U later this year. Sony will probably update the PlayStation around the same time Microsoft puts out a new Xbox, Pachter said.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/tech/personal-tech/gaming/Microsoft-to-debut-new-version-of-Xbox-in-2013/articleshow/12290634.cms

okay....hopefully this E3 both gives their best show....last few E3 have been really poor by both Sony and Microsoft....Sony specially they have so many stuffs and worst part is they will start announcing them few weeks or days before E3 only.... I mean seriously keep it for the show instead they talk about sales sales and more sales... :doh:

Next Xbox locking out used games "unlikely", says GameStop

North American retailer GameStop has attempted to dispel rumours that the next Xbox will lock out used games.

The rumour surfaced in January, when inside industry sources claimed that Microsoft's next system would have a method to limit or lock out used games.

"We think it's unlikely that there would be that next-gen console because the model simply hasn't been proven to work," GameStop CEO Paul Raines said in a call with investors.

"Remember, used video games have a residual value. Remember GameStop generates $1.2 billion of trade credits around the world with our used game model. So, consider taking used games out of that, you'd have to find new ways to sell the games."

"This is the kind of news that gets out in the industry and gets people worked up and hyper-ventilating and excited," Raines added.

He stated that most of the $1.2 billion in trade credit goes back into buying video games, making new games more affordable.

Rather than replacing new game sales, Raines claims that pre-owned games are an opening price point for users who aren't ready to invest in a new game but still want to experience console games.

Microsoft has stated that it will not announce a new Xbox console at E3 2012.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a372696/next-xbox-locking-out-used-games-unlikely-says-gamestop.html

What? You are telling me a sourceless rumor from a bullshit website could be false? What is the world coming to?

:lol:

but that console people working on stopping used game sales could not be entirely false also...they have been not happy about it and they have openly expressed it many times....

PlayStation 4 codenamed Orbis, has anti-pre-owned system - report

The PlayStation 4 is codenamed Orbis and features an anti-pre-owned system, according to a new report.

The console is planned for release in time for Christmas 2013, sources told Kotaku. Orbis means circle or ring or orbit in Latin. As Kotaku points out, Vita is Latin for life. Could Orbis work with Vita to form the circle of life?

According to the report, the specs select developers are working towards include an AMD x64 CPU and an AMD Southern Islands GPU, the name given to AMD's 2012 high-end PC cards. The PS4 will apparently be capable of playing games at a resolution up to 4096x2160, and will play 3D games in 1080p.

Other information: the PS4 won't play PS3 games as Sony has no plans to offer backwards compatibility. It will, however, combat pre-owned by forcing new games, either on a Blu-ray disc or downloaded, to be tied to a single PSN account.

Buy the disc, lock it to an account, and you can play the game, save it to your hard-drive or have it listed as downloaded, and re-download it whenever you wish. You'll apparently need to have a PSN account and be online to play.

Pre-owned games will then be limited to a trial mode. To unlock the full game, you'll have to pay a fee.

Sony is yet to comment on the PlayStation 4, although last month Forbes claimed work on an unannounced collaboration between the Japanese company and AMD was underway. Sony has repeatedly insisted the PS3 is "just getting into its stride" despite it being on sale for over five years.

Late last year Edge claimed a first-party Sony studio had ceased PS3 development and moved onto PS4 development. The unnamed developer is also apparently involved in building the graphics technology for Sony's next system.

And what of Uncharted developer Naughty Dog? Its new game The Last of Us is a PS3 release, but will Uncharted 4 launch on PS4?

In January new Sony boss Kaz Hirai went on the record to say the Japanese company would not announce a new home console at E3 - comments backed up by Sony Computer Entertainment America chief Jack Tretton, who has said he would be "very distracted" by a PS4 announcement this year.

While Sony continues to push the PS3, it is well aware of the need to avoid being beaten to market yet again by its rivals.

Having given Microsoft a year's head start in the current generation, PlayStation Europe boss Jim Ryan told Eurogamer it would be "undesirable" for PS4 to repeat that for the next-generation.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-03-28-playstation-4-codenamed-orbis-has-anti-pre-owned-system-report

Buy the disc, lock it to an account, and you can play the game, save it to your hard-drive or have it listed as downloaded, and re-download it whenever you wish. You'll apparently need to have a PSN account and be online to play.

Pre-owned games will then be limited to a trial mode. To unlock the full game, you'll have to pay a fee.

Crqus.gif

Archived